Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

Thread For Mormons - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thread For Mormons (3170 Views)

Mormons Admit Leader Joseph Smith Had Up To 40 Wives / Who Do U Believe Jehovah Witness Or Mormons? / Mormons [Members Of LDS] Lets Meet Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 9:22pm On Nov 20, 2014
Members of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints... Are called ★ Mormons because we use another testament of Jesus Christ called The book of Mormon .....
If your a Mormon, this thread is for us is to meet and discuss things about the gospel and if your not a Mormon, this thread is open for you to ask questions and Mormons in the house will answer them.... cheesy
Re: Thread For Mormons by GenerousLord: 6:25pm On Nov 23, 2014
Hi. cheesy
I guess today's Stake conference added meaning to your life?
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 7:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
GenerousLord:
Hi. cheesy
I guess today's Stake conference added meaning to your life?
Yeah it was awesome wbu? smiley
Re: Thread For Mormons by GenerousLord: 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
briantext:

Yeah it was awesome wbu? smiley
Twas Edifying.
I'm sure we've got some LDS members on nairaland, but they won't just reveal themselves.
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 9:21pm On Nov 23, 2014
GenerousLord:

Twas Edifying.
I'm sure we've got some LDS members on nairaland, but they won't just reveal themselves.
I dunno whether they are shy or what.... Maybe they don't visit the religion section
Re: Thread For Mormons by GenerousLord: 10:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
briantext:

I dunno whether they are shy or what.... Maybe they don't visit the religion section
Perhaps
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 7:58am On Nov 24, 2014
GenerousLord:

Perhaps
Which stake or ward do you worship at..
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2014
There is a Mormon group on what'sapp, we discuss the Scriptures there, if your interested, drop your number.... It's a worldwide group so you get to meet Mormons from other parts of the world
Re: Thread For Mormons by GenerousLord: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:
There is a Mormon group on what'sapp, we discuss the Scriptures there, if your interested, drop your number.... It's a worldwide group so you get to meet Mormons from other parts of the world
How many persons can the group accommodate?
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2014
GenerousLord:

How many persons can the group accommodate?
I'm not the Admin, I'm just a member....
It can accommodate 100 people but we have 82 already..
Re: Thread For Mormons by GenerousLord: 9:17am On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:

I'm not the Admin, I'm just a member....
It can accommodate 100 people but we have 82 already..
OK. I can't drop my number here, though.
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2014
GenerousLord:

OK. I can't drop my number here, though.
Send it as an email
Re: Thread For Mormons by Soloter(m): 9:51am On Nov 27, 2014
JESUS AND JESUS alone saves. Act 4:12KJV "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Every other gospel other than the one found in the 66 books is null and void. It is rightly termed delusion and occultism. The mormon gospel is another 'gospel'

*[[2Co 11:4]] KJV* For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

*[[Gal 1:7-8]] KJV* %v 7% Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. %v 8% But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
Soloter:
JESUS AND JESUS alone saves. Act 4:12KJV "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."

Every other gospel other than the one found in the 66 books is null and void. It is rightly termed delusion and occultism. The mormon gospel is another 'gospel'

*[[2Co 11:4]] KJV* For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

*[[Gal 1:7-8]] KJV* %v 7% Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. %v 8% But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

We preach the same Jesus Christ and non other than him... THE book of mormon testifies of him..
We believe in God the eternal Father and his son Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost.
Re: Thread For Mormons by davien(m): 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
Is anything different in the book of mormon?
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 2:19pm On Nov 27, 2014
davien:
Is anything different in the book of mormon?
The book of Mormon is the sacred record of the people in the American continent just as the bible is a sacred record of the Jews.... They both testify of Jesus Christ
Re: Thread For Mormons by davien(m): 2:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:

The book of Mormon is the sacred record of the people in the American continent just as the bible is a sacred record of the Jews.... They both testify of Jesus Christ
have any been justified by evidence?
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 2:27pm On Nov 27, 2014
davien:
have any been justified by evidence?
Yes, there are recorded evidence of people that saw the book of Mormon... Below is one..
The Testimony of Three Witnesses
Be it known unto all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, unto whom this work shall come: That we, through the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, have seen the plates which contain this record, which is a record of the people of Nephi, and also of the Lamanites, their brethren, and also of the people of Jared, who came from the tower of which hath been spoken. And we also know that they have been translated by the gift and power of God, for his voice hath declared it unto us; wherefore we know of a surety that the work is true. And we also testify that we have seen the engravings which are upon the plates; and they have been shown unto us by the power of God, and not of man. And we declare with words of soberness, that an angel of God came down from heaven, and he brought and laid before our eyes, that we beheld and saw the plates, and the engravings thereon; and we know that it is by the grace of God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, that we beheld and bear record that these things are true. And it is marvelous in our eyes. Nevertheless, the voice of the Lord commanded us that we should bear record of it; wherefore, to be obedient unto the commandments of God, we bear testimony of these things. And we know that if we are faithful in Christ, we shall rid our garments of the blood of all men, and be found spotless before the judgment-seat of Christ, and shall dwell with him eternally in the heavens. And the honor be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, which is one God. Amen.
Oliver Cowdery
David Whitmer
Martin Harris
Re: Thread For Mormons by Soloter(m): 4:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
The book of mormon features one Joseph prominently more than Jesus and the patriarchs. Dont deceive me and others in the forum.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Mormons by Yooguyz: 7:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
Do we have Charismatic Mormons, I mean mormons who speak in tongues or believe in miracles happening in our time.
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2014
Soloter:
The book of mormon features one Joseph prominently more than Jesus and the patriarchs. Dont deceive me and others in the forum.
Bro, i won't say much.... The little i have to say is that you should read the Book of Mormon and then ask the Holy Spirit to tell you if it's true or not....
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 8:49pm On Nov 27, 2014
Yooguyz:
Do we have Charismatic Mormons, I mean mormons who speak in tongues or believe in miracles happening in our time.
Our 7th Article of Faith says:

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.
Re: Thread For Mormons by Yooguyz: 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:

Our 7th Article of Faith says:

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

Happening in our time? I mean now smiley
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 10:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Yooguyz:

Happening in our time? I mean now smiley
I don't get you
Re: Thread For Mormons by Nobody: 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
Soloter:

You've made it plain and simple! Mormon is a religion founded by some occult Americans. A satanic message being spread with heavy financial backing from America. Mormon followers, I'd like you to mull over this Scripture from Galatians 1:8,
"But though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

Mormonism is another gospel selling under the guise of the name JESUS.
All they do is take advantage of poor gullible semi-literate people, entice them with stipends, get them an apartment, pull them into the occult fold and they are eventually indoctrinated. The devil's religion!
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 11:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
READINGLIFE:

You've made it plain and simple! Mormon is a religion founded by some occult Americans. A satanic message being spread with heavy financial backing from America. Mormon followers, I'd like you to mull over this Scripture from Galatians 1:8,
"But though we, or an angel from Heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed."

All they do is take advantage of poor gullible semi-literate people, entice them with stipends, get them an apartment, pull them into the occult fold and they are eventually indoctrinated. The devil's religion!
Romans16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 11:20pm On Nov 27, 2014
2 peter 2:12

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption
Re: Thread For Mormons by zyzxx(m): 11:29pm On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:
[size=18pt]
1. The bible was compiled by the Catholic Church and not Jesus Christ. So if we say it is the only book of worship then go and worship with the owners of the Bible, ie Catholics.
2. The bible itself talks about the lost scriptures so please where are they?
3. Jesus talked about other sheeps who will hear his voice who were not in the fold at Jerusalem. So may u please tell us where they are.
4. The gospel talks about the apostasy and the restoration, not the reformation.

Answer these questions please[/size]
bro u are a lost sheep.
I can clarify u as an idle hand dat is useful for d devil, so d bible is not enough?
Or books dat d anointing man God are written his not enough ?
Don't let devil deceive u or done use urself for d devil to pls ur flesh
Re: Thread For Mormons by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
briantext:

Romans16:17
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
2 Corinthians 6:14
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

Why not quote from the devil's book of mormon?

Re: Thread For Mormons by Nobody: 11:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
zyzxx:
bro u are a lost sheep.
I can clarify u as an idle hand dat is useful for d devil, so d bible is not enough?
Or books dat d anointing man God are written his not enough ?
Don't let devil deceive u or done use urself for d devil to pls ur flesh

1 Like

Re: Thread For Mormons by briantext(m): 12:09am On Nov 28, 2014
READINGLIFE:

Why not quote from the devil's book of mormon?

Please I've been a member of this church for 17years and have not seen anything of the sort your saying,
Can you please back your accusations up with reasonable evidence ....
Be careful of what you say.......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Wrong To Consult A "white Garment" Spiritualist Or Babalawo? / Allah And God, Are They The Same Person? / Origin Of Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.