Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,058 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

How Can We Forget Her - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / How Can We Forget Her (1309 Views)

Three Things You Should Never Forget About! / Don't Forget The Six Days Fasting In Shawaal / Top 5 Issues The World Wants Us To Forget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Forget Her by babs01(m): 11:12pm On Nov 20, 2014
Try to read this!!!

It will not result in exercise in futility
The world is talking about # Mandela #
Let me Remind you Of A Faithful
Daughter of Islam#Aafia Siddiqui.
How can we forget her? Prisoner No.
650 Dr Aafia Siddiqui, A Pakistani PhD
Having 144 Honorary Degrees &
Certificates in Neurology from different
Institutes Of The World The ONLY
Neurologist in the world to have the
Honorary Ph.D from Harvard
University.

Not even a single america matches her qualifications. She was kidnapped
along with her 3 children, by the FBI
from Karachi, with the help of Pakistan
government alleging connection with
Al-Qaeda. Now she is in USA prison,
having lost her memory due to
physical, psychological & sexual
torture.

She is imprisoned with men, But WE,
The Muslims are Dead! We are more
worried about the zeros of kufr! rather
than the heros of --Islaam
Protest!If you cannot do anything,Just
forward it and share it , by making the
Ummat aware so that we can at least
make du'a for our heroic sister
Insha'Allah..

May Allah have mercy on her.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Forget Her by ayinba1(f): 4:11am On Nov 21, 2014
As salamm alaykum. Please pray for the sister but I find it hard to believe that she will be imprisoned in the US with males.
That is very unusual. I will look her name up and see what I can find.
Re: How Can We Forget Her by babs01(m): 6:09am On Nov 21, 2014
You don't have to be with men only before you can be sexually abused
Re: How Can We Forget Her by ayinba1(f): 6:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
babs01:
You don't have to be with men only before you can be sexually abused

You posted an article. Should we disbelieve what you said/posted? It is not right for a muslim to spread news that is incorrect. I only thought it was odd that the US would place her in jail with men. I did not imply that she was not abused in any form.

BTW, I read about her story, the Pakistani authorities and her husband are quite culpable too in her ordeals.

Above all, May Allah have mercy upon her and all other innocent people who are being oppressed worldwide. May He grant them succor.

Finally, take home lesson, do your research; I don't know where you got the number of degrees that she has.
Re: How Can We Forget Her by ayinba1(f): 6:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
The aforementioned message is an example of the depth of feeling that exists for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui in different parts of the world; awareness of Aafia’s plight, and empathy for her struggle, is growing significantly, both here and abroad.

While I fully understand and appreciate the passion behind Kay Tayyib Quadri’s defense of her sister in Islam - both for the sake of accuracy and to safeguard Quadri’s well-intentioned argumentation – a number of corrections/clarifications are in order. Over the past decade a certain mythology (compounded by sometimes innocent, and sometimes deliberate, untruths) has surrounded the personality of the former [secretly held] Bagram Detention Center Prisoner 650, Dr. Aafia Siddiqui.

It is very important – both for the effectiveness and for the integrity of struggle for Dr. Aafia Siddiqui’s freedom – that we dispel these untruths (on both sides of the equation) whenever possible.

1. Aafia does not have a PhD from Harvard, honorary or otherwise. Her sister (Dr. Fowzia Siddiqui) is the one who received neurology training from Harvard University.

2. Aafia does not have 144 degrees and/or certificates in neurology. Her degrees are a Masters from MIT and a PhD from Brandeis in Cognitive Neuroscience – which, as I understand it, is very different from Neurology (a medical specialty). Aafia Siddiqui’s doctoral thesis was on how children learn through imitation.

3. While Aafia has received numerous awards and certificates over the course of her highly impressive academic life and community service, to characterize these as honorary degrees would be a huge stretch to say the least. It is also worth noting that in addition to her secular academic achievement, Aafia is also a committed student and practitioner of Islam, who, among other things, memorized The Noble Qur’an.

4. Aafia has not yet lost her memory, but over 10 ½ years of systemically brutal incarceration has taken its toll (physically and mentally).

5. Aafia is incarcerated in an institution comprising female prisoners only (as far as we know), but men are employed as guards, and in other positions of authority at FMC Carswell; and there have been, according to reports, serial rapists and other abusers among Carswell personnel.

With that said, while there are significant differences between Dr. Aafia Siddiqui and Nelson “Madiba” Mandela, there are also a number of thought-provoking similarities. Some of the same forces that erroneously labeled Mandela a terrorist erroneously labeled Aafia “terrorist” as well.

Mandela served 27 years as a political prisoner; on March 30, 2014, Aafia would have completed 11 years of political confinement. On the day of their sentencing, both made statements of principled resolution. Mandela became a huge symbol of resistance for the oppressed masses of South Africa, and eventually for freedom-loving people the world over; while Aafia has become a huge symbol of resistance for the oppressed masses of Pakistan, and is steadily growing as an international symbolof how the so-called “war on terrorism” has gone terribly awry.

Nelson Mandela was committed to armed struggle in defense of his people’s freedom (if that’s what it took), and he never backed away from that position. He also demonstrated his willingness – after 27 years of unjust imprisonment – to be an instrument for reconciliation in a post-apartheid South Africa.

Aafia Siddiqui, for her part, on the day of her sentencing – after spending five years of torturous [secret] imprisonment overseas, followed by two and half years of brutal pre-trial confinement in the United States – pleaded to her supporters to forgive those who had committed these injustices against her; and to even forgive the Zionist judge (Richard M. Berman) who callously and unjustifiably condemned her to 87 years of confinement.

In my humble opinion, Nelson Mandela and Aafia Siddiqui share a rare internal quality of goodness and faith-based resistance; a quality that reminds us all of how truth and justice crushed into the earth will rise again, and again, and again. For most of his active life Nelson “Madiba” Mandela was castigated as a criminal terrorist, but he died the most celebrated person on the planet (in these contemporary times)!

I sincerely believe that Aafia Siddiqui will also have her day. (Surely ALLAH knows best!)

El-Hajj Mauri’ Saalakhan
-----------
http://www.shoah.org.uk/2013/12/19/aafia-siddiqui-and-nelson-mandela-how-do-they-compare/

Please read the rest in the link.
Re: How Can We Forget Her by babs01(m): 8:05am On Nov 26, 2014
Only Allah knows best. the message has been passed for those who could comprehend

(1) (Reply)

As-salafus-saalih ( The Pious Predecessors ) / dump............ / "Obama Humiliates Muslims At Ramadan Iftar"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.