Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,584 members, 7,827,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon (33682 Views)

Blessing Okagbare's White Wedding Photos With Hubby, Igho Otegheri / BREAKING! Morocco 2014: Okagbare Wins Nigeria’s First Gold Medal / Blessing Okagbare Wins 200m Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by olempe(m): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:
Does anyone know why he was turned down?
They believed the plan was for the guy to go and not return till he impregnate her, and then use the child to facilitate the husband's stay in the US, which they don't want. When u visit America, they want u to go back to ur country. Chikena!!!

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ElFenomeno1: 10:49am On Nov 21, 2014
fr3do:
Eyah

they cant even compromise in that she is an internationally recognized sportswoman, these people have something against Naija.

Something against Nigeria? Listen to yourself.... Dont you think you sound like an as...shole?!

If they refused her husband visa, it must be because he or both didn't satisfy a key or more requirement (s).... They dont bend the rules just because she is internationally recognised sportsperson.

The rules are clear, there is nothing against anyone, satisfy all of the requirements beyond reasonable doubt and you will get the required travel document!

Nigerians should stop this bloody nonsense crusade about hate and beef when they get denied a visa or something.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by fpeter(f): 10:54am On Nov 21, 2014
Yeye ppl..................na so dem deny me visa say cos i no marry and i fit run undecided
even when i gave concrete and valid reasons to show i was gainfully employed
studying for MBA here and to think my siblings were born there and na dem even
invite me.......mstcheeeew one small geh for that Abuja Embassy just denied me
without going through my documents...
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Meti99(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2014
tongue
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by uzolexis(f): 11:05am On Nov 21, 2014
tellwisdom:
Because you win one mumu medal, mean sey anything wey u want, u go get am??

How is it a mumu medal She made Nigeria proud. Wc one have you won angry

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Cmeo(m): 11:09am On Nov 21, 2014
I am not a USA consular officer though, but I want to guess his husband was denied because he was not asking for the right type of visa or he might be adjudicate to be a potential migrant. Americans don't just denie you visa for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by emmatok(m): 11:15am On Nov 21, 2014
ttmacoy:
It's common knowledge that the US tend to deny people applying for non-immigrant visas when you have close family in the states with permanent residence in this case the wife as the impression is you want to migrate.

The correct thing will be to apply for an immigrant visa class and not non-immigrant visa based on the wife's status.

For all those claiming America embarrassing Nigeria etc sorry but bit nigerians aren't the only ones applying for visa. Indians, Chinese, Filipinos etc all applying so stop this entitlement attitude you guys have.

It's Nigeria who make decisions based on do you know who I am rather than do you meet the criteria. The mentality there is different e.g. there is a video on the Internet where Obama visited someplace and the security lady asked for his I'd to sign him in.
Woe betide anyone who tries that with Jonathan. Even with some lowly councillor.

That's the difference - do you know who I am culture. Cus she is an athlete from nigeria means nothing. UK rejected snoop dog from entry a few years ago. The rule of law applies not the rule of who you are and anything goes.

Give that Man a bottle of Origin

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 21, 2014
Next time ...make your HONEYMOON more memorable at OBUDU CATTLE RANCH...and TINAPA..

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by andyanders: 11:23am On Nov 21, 2014
She should state the reasons for the refusal and I would take it up from there. Anybody that knows her should please advise her on this.

We cannot stay here and start condemning, rather get the truth.
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by NaLaugh: 11:34am On Nov 21, 2014
luchy34:
where's US? is It on the map undecided

In fairness to you, in reality, you probably wouldn't be able to point it out on a map undecided

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by mjoje: 11:37am On Nov 21, 2014
There should be a reason why he is not granted a visa, we don't have the full story. probably the type of visa she applied for, lots of Nigerian went through this process. The system works with time.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by opribo(m): 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
The US doesn't respect nobody be you who. If you don't meet their criteria whether you are Obama's papa in Kenya it doesnt concern them. This man Igho has he travelled there before, is Blessing a Bonafide citizen of the country or just a permanent citizen. She should note that America does not care if she is the fatest sprinter on planet earth if she doesnt follow the due process they wont give her hubby the visa.

Its not a case of Nigeria stepping in to help to intervene in a matter of policy. They are not like Naija where man no man can happen and we bend corners to get by based on self recognition. I urge her to follow due process and get it reolved appropriately rather than trying to get Mr igho to the US as fast a possible it doesnt work like that. I have a friend even though the wife is a citizen they are still processing the guys papers. This things take a while she ought to know that. Sometimes upto a year or more, so she gotta prepare for that kind of wait and dont bring in it to the public space.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by majorfarms(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2014
Eyah...
Sha suprised no opposition group has come out to ask for bros Jona's resignation based on this.

(^•^)=~}....... »---->. \O/
/ \ shoot em down. <<

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by musicwriter(m): 2:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
The US is a country in hardship, still strugling with it's economy and they do not want people that have no value to add to the US economy in the country. That's why. But, why US?. Why not get a coach in Kenya, for example?. The US don't give anything free to anybody. They allowed you in there because you pay the salary of your coach.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 21, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy you are crazy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ALKARULEZ615:
I'm busy presently, coupled with the fact that we aren't allowed to type epistles here in France ....would tell yhu later....probably next year or so

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by majorfarms(m): 2:15pm On Nov 21, 2014
Eyah...
Sha suprised no opposition group has come out to ask for bros Jona's resignation based on this.

(^•^)=~}....... »---->. \O/
/ \ shoot em down. <<
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by jeje123(m): 2:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
ALKARULEZ615:
I'm busy presently, coupled with the fact that we aren't allowed to type epistles here in France ....would tell yhu later....probably next year or so
Diaris God ooooooo chai chai chai
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by jeje123(m): 2:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
texanomaly:

Why didn't you just say you are clueless?
No vex!
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by texanomaly(f): 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
onila:
they never give Nigerians visa

Lol...really? There's a ton of them in Houston and Dallas. I even have a few Nigerian friends here in lubbock. I'm certain they are not all illegal.

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Smooyis(m): 2:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
So many unserious minded people on nairaland. Its fast becoming a forum for the kids.
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by plutto44: 2:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
shuttle?hmmm me think the babe no wan liv her bobo for nija,sake of say all these tear eye nija gals on prowl,let me put a call to obama

mua;o boi how u dey na?

obama;ma dude am kinda cool

mua;ur head honchos hia dey fall ma hand o,our new wedded star altlete,u know her now blessing.

obama;yea yea,cool lass that one

mua;her application for visa for her bobo to travel wit her was denied o

obama;godammmit,u kiddin?(picking his fone)hello u bunch of shit heads l want dat visa granted now or ama deploy ur sorry ass*** to down town liberia

loobatan
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
emmatok:

Give that Man a bottle of Origin

Even Martha Stewart was denied visa by the Uk, she even served term for insider trading!!

can you imagine dangote going to prison in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
ttmacoy:
It's common knowledge that the US tend to deny people applying for non-immigrant visas when you have close family in the states with permanent residence in this case the wife as the impression is you want to migrate.

The correct thing will be to apply for an immigrant visa class and not non-immigrant visa based on the wife's status.

For all those claiming America embarrassing Nigeria etc sorry but bit nigerians aren't the only ones applying for visa. Indians, Chinese, Filipinos etc all applying so stop this entitlement attitude you guys have.

It's Nigeria who make decisions based on do you know who I am rather than do you meet the criteria. The mentality there is different e.g. there is a video on the Internet where Obama visited someplace and the security lady asked for his I'd to sign him in.
Woe betide anyone who tries that with Jonathan. Even with some lowly councillor.

That's the difference - do you know who I am culture. Cus she is an athlete from nigeria means nothing. UK rejected snoop dog from entry a few years ago. The rule of law applies not the rule of who you are and anything goes.

LOL. "A whole me! Do you know who I am??"

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 2:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
opribo:
The US doesn't respect nobody be you who. If you don't meet their criteria whether you are Obama's papa in Kenya it doesnt concern them. This man Igho has he travelled there before, is Blessing a Bonafide citizen of the country or just a permanent citizen. She should note that America does not care if she is the fatest sprinter on planet earth if she doesnt follow the due process they wont give her hubby the visa.

Its not a case of Nigeria stepping in to help to intervene in a matter of policy. They are not like Naija where man no man can happen and we bend corners to get by based on self recognition. I urge her to follow due process and get it reolved appropriately rather than trying to get Mr igho to the US as fast a possible it doesnt work like that. I have a friend even though the wife is a citizen they are still processing the guys papers. This things take a while she ought to know that. Sometimes upto a year or more, so she gotta prepare for that kind of wait and dont bring in it to the public space.
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Hembelembe: 4:41pm On Nov 21, 2014
Talking about US fa, Uk is even d worse! With d sum of 94,000naira for visa application. And yet no guarantee of getting d visa. So pathetic!

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by john650(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
stevecrun:
People always feel and think Abuja embassy is easier..but he got turned down..Try Lagos consulate.
I don't think there reason for refusing him visa has anything to do with what embassy or consulate he went to or the person that interviewed him.

The US has a quota system of how many immigrants or visitors from a given country they can allow into their country on a given year under different visa classifications.

If he had applied for an immigrant visa as a husband of a U.S resident (green card holder), there is a backlog of up to 10 years. Yes, it is that bad and they are not going to move him to the top of the line because of who his wife is. Now, if his wife were a U.S citizen, the wait could have been much shorter, no more than six months to one year.

And if she were a U.S. citizen and had applied for her hubby to come over as a fiance of a U.S citizen, (I.e delaying marriage until he gets there), he would have been there in less than six months.

Blessing and her hubby didn't plan their trip well. They should have asked questions or hired an American immigration attorney to explain the loopholes in the system before approaching the embassy. As it stands now, that dude is not going to America anytime soon for the simple reason that there are millions of people ahead of him in different countries all over the world waiting on a queue for their turn.

3 Likes

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by scobaba: 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
US wey no send anybody.

no be by athletics ooo, procedure dey.

1 Like

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 21, 2014
kayciano:
Next time ...make your HONEYMOON more memorable at OBUDU CATTLE RANCH...and TINAPA..
LOL., na deir choice nw. Wetin come be ya own?:x
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by ttmacoy: 7:55pm On Nov 21, 2014
Who you be? Oh sorry my oga at the top. I'm loyal lol

MissMeiya:

LOL. "A whole me! Do you know who I am??"
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by bornosheikh: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
Blessing no vex...I am at Heathrow on my way to LAX.

I go wet nurse you in LA till your husband get visa, take TEFL (cos his broken strong na) and brush up his presentation skills.

I just complete 100 press ups at Terminal 3, ready for our first training session.

Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by Rocksteady1(m): 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2014
Watt!!! damn it! Oya give dat bobo visa now now before I vex send u mofos to sambisa forest now.... >:
Re: US Embassy Ruins Blessing Okagbare’s Honeymoon by daveP(m): 9:01pm On Nov 21, 2014
I dont like this its saddening.

If its a signal then we better focus back on this diplomacy of a thing. They come here like the sands of d sea, yet they turn us down. If no one sees value in our system, then lets create one for them to respect and yield to. The earlier the better.

We want to tread d part that they have some policies they follow. Last time i check, its unseeming if they actually follow to the book, so why this. FG should do something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Julius Aghahowa Celebrates His 37th Birthday / "Up Next Wembley, E Choke" Iheanacho Reacts To Brace Against Manchester United / Sonia Ighalo Gets A Range Rover As Birthday Gift From Husband, Jude Ighalo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.