Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? (7804 Views)

I Love Nollywood! / What Movie Do You Never Get Tired Of Watching / What Kind Of Movie Do You Want Nigerians To Make? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 1:22am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

This is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by lebesgue(m): 9:54am On Mar 16, 2016
I know this is an old thread, but I'd also like to know if anyone knows where to find this movie.

1 Like

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by eye2sabi(m): 10:55pm On Sep 11, 2016
Me too pls... I really miss Sam Loco efe

1 Like

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 9:37am On Oct 07, 2016

If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.

Film Data:
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by eye2sabi(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2016
electrokristron:

Film Data:

Movie Review:

Onome 1 and 2 found. PM me to get it. (it will cost you cos i paid for it)

1 Like

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by Jaykizz(m): 7:49pm On May 17, 2017
eye2sabi:

Can we also get the movie too?
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 4:15pm On Oct 20, 2017
Electrokristron products are still selling.

[b]ORDER FOR YOURS TODAY!

For more details and orders, pls visit www.electrokristron.com or call +234-9011386383 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by odizeey(m): 1:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
electrokristron:

ORDER FOR YOURS TODAY!

ORDER/ENQUIRIES, CALL CHRIS ON +234-8084710033, +234-8135993416 OR SEND AN EMAIL TO electrokristron@gmail.com
have you seen d movie?
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 11:06am On Oct 24, 2017
@Odizeey

No!
Still searching for the movie.
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by odizeey(m): 11:54am On Oct 24, 2017
electrokristron:
@Odizeey
No! Still searching for the movie.
good luck in the search bro
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 9:10pm On Oct 24, 2017
Thanks a million!
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 4:32pm On Oct 30, 2017
Electrkristron products and training courses are still selling.

For more details and orders, pls visit www.electrokristron.com or call +234-9011386383 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by Nobody: 12:47am On Jul 21, 2019
eye2sabi:

Upload it on YouTube brother, don't let such good movie go to waste just like that. It's nowhere online. The younger generation can watch and learn, you won't be doing the future a disservice. You can rip it from the disc and upload. You could drop your PayPal, SKRILL or any e-currency address on the YouTube description for donations. Thanks, I appreciate.
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 10:37am On Jul 26, 2019

ORDER FOR YOURS TODAY!

ORDER/ENQUIRIES, CALL +234-9011386383 OR SEND AN EMAIL TO electrokristron@gmail.com

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 3:09pm On Aug 02, 2019
Our products are still selling...

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 2:05pm On Aug 05, 2019
Units are still selling...........

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 2:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
Electrokristron Automatic Changeover Units are still selling hot.

Order for yours today or make enquiries:

Just tell us what options you need, we shall add them to your product as we build it.

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2019
Place a call or send us an email to ask questions or place an order for your Automatic Transfer Switch (ATS) or Automatic Changeover which automatically STARTs and STOPs your Generator depending on Mains (NEPA/PHCN) availability. Several other features and options available as well.
Just tell us what options you need, we shall add them to your product as we build it.

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 11:44am On Aug 23, 2019

ORDER FOR YOURS TODAY!

ORDER/ENQUIRIES, CALL +234-9011386383 OR SEND AN EMAIL TO electrokristron@gmail.com

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 2:02pm On Sep 05, 2019
Electrokristron Automatic Changeover Units are still selling hot.

Order for yours today or make enquiries:

Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by Loliedee: 4:25am On May 21, 2020
BUMP!! Has Onome been found by anyone yet?
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by odizeey(m): 7:51am On May 21, 2020
Loliedee:
BUMP!! Has Onome been found by anyone yet?
No o. If you see it please share.
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by yuzor(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2021
Please has the Onome (Another Love) 1996 movie been found yet? I'm desperately searching for it. Any guide would help a long way.
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 10:27am On Aug 11, 2021
Our products are still selling out fast.....
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2021
Electrokristron products are still selling out fast..
Re: Onome 1 & 2... Another Love - Nollywood Movie: Do You Have This Old Movie? by electrokristron(m): 3:07pm On Aug 01, 2022
Happy New Month Great People!
Our products at Electrokristron Power Systems are still available for you.

We provide customized Power Management and Automation Control Panels and Switching solutions.

Our typical product line includes:
1. Automatic Transfer Switch, ATS ( Automatic ChangeOver)
2. Combined ATS / MTS ( Combined Automatic ChangeOver and Manual ChangeOver)
3. Automatic Phase Selector ( For NEPA/PHCN 3-phase cutout or fuse)
4. Inverter Battery Voltage Monitor ( Automatically starts Generator when inverter battery voltage drops to a preset threshold)
5. Power Supply - Phase and Voltage Monitor
6. Wireless START/STOP Control and Automation for Generators
7.Automatic Generator Selector Box (Useful for multiple Generators on single site)
8. Scheduled timing control box for Generator(s) or load(s)
9. ETC... Ask us for a customized solution to meet your peculiar needs and we shall build it for you.

Contact us today with your power management/automation requests or needs and we shall build an appropriate solution for you irrespective of the number of power sources in question.

(1) (Reply)

Bleach Mania (Anime) / No Nudity Warning Required For Dstv's Shaka Zulu Series Despite Complaint (pix) / Download Complete Jenifa’s Diary Season 5 Episodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.