Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,152 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars (1535 Views)

Please Help: UBA Block My Account For Receiving 200k Payment / CBN To Introduce Lower Denominations On Atms / Why Do Street Vendors Lie About Having Smaller Denominations Of Naira Notes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by 1030(m): 5:28am On Nov 21, 2014
Yesterday I went to UBA to lodged $1,530 dollars into my DOM account with the following analysis($100 bill=1000,$20 bill=500,$1 bill=30) but was advised by the staff of the branch(Adankolo Branch Lokoja) that the bank only accept $100 bills. All effort made to pay in proved abortive as I was advised that the bank only accept higher denomination($100 only) .Do we have new CBN policy on acceptance of US Dollars bills?
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by onatisi(m): 6:26am On Nov 21, 2014
You should have asked the bank officials why they refuse and reject lower dollar bills .maybe if you had taken the pains and a little patience to see the branch manager ,maybe he would have explained the reason or even collected ur lower dollar bills .

1 Like

Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by Mystic1(m): 6:31am On Nov 21, 2014
1030:
Yesterday I went to UBA to lodged $1,530 dollars into my DOM account with the following analysis($100 bill=1000,$20 bill=500,$1 bill=30) but was advised by the staff of the branch(Adankolo Branch Lokoja) that the bank only accept $100 bills. All effort made to pay in proved abortive as I was advised that the bank only accept higher denomination($100 only) .Do we have new CBN policy on acceptance of US Dollars bills?
So you left the bank and came here to ask us? Do we look like UBA bank managers here?

3 Likes

Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by hushmail: 6:33am On Nov 21, 2014
why bother? sell am give Abokis, dem dey accept every denomination grin grin grin

modified
Na Ab.o.k.i I write oo, I no no why dis NL software change am come give Northernerss

1 Like

Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by onatisi(m): 6:44am On Nov 21, 2014
Mystic1:
So you left the bank and came here to ask us? Do we look like UBA bank managers here?
He came rushing here to ask a question he could have asked them at the bank. Maybe he thinks uba has a customer care center on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by 1030(m): 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
onatisi:
You should have asked the bank officials why they refuse and reject lower dollar bills .maybe if you had taken the pains and a little patience to see the branch manager ,maybe he would have explained the reason or even collected ur lower dollar bills .

I did approached the managet and even called their head office and was given same reason.
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by 1030(m): 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mystic1:

Too rude,I think you need prayers.
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by 1030(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2014
onatisi:
He came rushing here to ask a question he could have asked them at the bank. Maybe he thinks uba has a customer care center on nairaland

Do u understand simple English?I only asked if we have a new CBN policy.This is a forum where issues re shared.
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by onatisi(m): 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
1030:

I did approached the managet and even called their head office and was given same reason.
so if you have been given the reason and you ve had ur questions answered , why bother to bring the issue here again?
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by Mystic1(m): 2:51pm On Nov 21, 2014
1030:

Too rude,I think you need prayers.
Bro. i'm not being rude, i'm just blunt with the truth dazall.
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by Mystic1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
onatisi:
so if you have been given the reason and you ve had ur questions answered , why bother to bring the issue here again?
Of course he wants us all to know he has some benjamins in his Dorm acct.

1 Like

Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by onatisi(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mystic1:
Of course he wants us all to know he has some benjamins in his Dorm acct.
I will have to agree with u or maybe he just wanted to ask why cbn introduced the policy and its effects on the economy ,if that is the case then he should just rephrase his question.
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
I think it's all d bank as i have also been asked to get a higher denomination in GT-Bank and was told that it's only in USD as it does not apply to Pounds & Euro
Re: Why Do UBA Reject Lower Denominations Of US Dollars by aboki2000(m): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
1030:
pls how much is naira to dollar today in Nigeria , can someone who knows help out abeg

(1) (Reply)

Distributor Of Pop Cement / Has Chrisvicmall Stopped "Buy For Me" Services? / FX Rates: The Change And The Fraud, Who Is Deceiving Who?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.