Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,919 members, 7,821,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match (991 Views)

Revealed!!! Mayweather Used IV Injections Before Match With Manny Pacquiao / Namibia Coach Resigns 24hrs Before Match With Nigeria / How Far Will Nigeria's Super Eagles Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match by snadguy007(m): 6:16am On Nov 21, 2014
More revelations are emerging following the ouster of the Super Eagles from the Africa Nations Cup qualifier as New Telegraph learnt that several national team players went clubbing on the eve of the match.
Nigeria needed to beat South Africa to book a ticket to the 2015 Africa Nations Cup qualifier in Equatorial Guinea but Eagles laboured to a 2-2 draw against the Bafana Bafana which was not enough to take them to the competition.
The players posted dismal performances in the game and New Telegraph can authoritatively report that the action of some key players who hit the town on the eve of the match to catch fun may be responsible for the poor showing.
A source who is an official of the Nigerian Football Federation exclusively informed our reporter that four of the players that started the match left their Le’Meridien Hotel camp on Tuesday night to a night club. “I am not surprised that Eagles did not qualify. I
complained to camp coordinator and some members of the crew when I saw about five of the players going out late in the night.
Can you believe that these players went to club on the eve of that match? “And one of them who did not go with them went upstairs to his room with two ladies. I don’t know why they had to do that when there was an important match the following day,” the source said.
However, our correspondent was also shocked when he spotted one of the players on the Discovery Airline flight from Lagos to Uyo by 8:30pm on Tuesday night with a lady but the said player sadly played full 90 minutes in the match. New Telegraph reporter incidentally boarded the same flight with the said player and his lady friend from Uyo back to Lagos on
Thursday morning.

Source: http://www.newtelegraphonline.com/eagles-go-clubbing-before-match/
Re: Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match by Mologi(m): 7:14am On Nov 21, 2014
if this people had won the match...this wouldnt be a bad news....rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match by Asek1(m): 9:30am On Nov 21, 2014
Mologi:
if this people had won the match...this wouldnt be a bad news....rubbish

How would they have won the match when the commitment and the needed dedication and seriousness was not there
Or is bafana bafana a walkover team that they can run rings around them
The defeat should serve as a lesson to them(that is if at all they will learn)

IN OTHER NEWS,
African champions humiliated in the "nest of champions"
SHAME undecided

1 Like

Re: Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match by Nobody: 4:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
snadguy007:

Source: http://www.newtelegraphonline.com/eagles-go-clubbing-before-match/
Hmmmm, nawa oooo..Anyway datz their biz nt mine
Re: Eagles Go Clubbing Before Match by snadguy007(m): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
nnekamezor:
Hmmmm, nawa oooo..Anyway datz their biz nt mine
cool

(1) (Reply)

Forever Green: Daily Betting Tips With Jephri / Christiano Ronaldo Dumped After Irina Shayk Finds Messages From Women / Keshi Dares NFF To Fire Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.