Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,769 members, 7,817,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! (20344 Views)

Forex Policy: Iberia Withdraws Services From Nigeria / ‘Nigeria Now A Model To South Africa On Power Sector Reform’ / Who Are The Top Ten Richest People In Nigeria Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by diarra94(m): 3:45am On Nov 22, 2014
i dont mind nigerians being scrutinized before entry into any country... most of you motherfuckers do nothing but soil nigeria's disfigured image.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by JayJustus(m): 4:29am On Nov 22, 2014
I swear its quite sad how they treat us at immigrations points worldwide...that's how I escaped my field trip last semester...supposed to go to Thailand for a field trip and they said Nigerians cannot apply for tourist visa unless they apply from Nigeria and my Kenyan nigga got his...we keep on blaming the government government but Nigerians alone be doing drugs and shyte everywhere...why won't they mark us?? if each and everyone of us decides to act well and represent our country well nothing of such will happen...I know there are always bad eggs everywhere but the change begins with you...and you alone...YOU start by stopping stupid acts in peoples country and its their country..whatever they do to you accept it...but I'm glad many of them are getting their senses right these days...many in jails...bangkok, Ho chin min city even in nonsense Cambodia...Nigerians packing the jail...when that generation is put to rest 6 ft below my legs then we'd have a new Nigeria...I can see our youths bringing Change...I can see CHANGE!! Dieu te benisse
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by nemelu123(m): 4:37am On Nov 22, 2014
For Your Younger Ones
Jamb, Waec , Gce , Neco And All School Pume
Past Questions On Your Mobile Phone Call

Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by pak: 4:51am On Nov 22, 2014
All this big grammar just because your passport needs to be re confirmed ?? na wa o !
or is there somethin am missing from this lengthy article.

Nigerians!! sidestepping important issues since 1876
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by donodion(m): 7:45am On Nov 22, 2014
onatisi:
What is all these “I school in france” “I live in france ” all about? Is this a new slang or what ?
its irritating...but well...kids full nairaland now.

1 Like

Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by donodion(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2014
nefertitiram:
Is it by force to fly Air France? It doesn't make sense to call for a ban because of one man who feels he has impeccable writing skills.
Is it the french's fault our people have messed up home and abroad? Who told you its only France that does extra passport check? I have experience this in Madrid, flying Iberia and once on London, flying Virgin Atlantic. Infact the Virgin Atlantic own came with very fierce looking dogs, the way I screamed and jumped when I saw the dogs, one policeman had to catch me before I fell and helped me pass the dogs because of my serious phobia for dogs, esp as I wasn't expecting to see dogs at the foot of the plane.
The policeman said that the dogs didn't bite and they do such things when they have information about something suspicious, it wasn't everytime that this was done! Perhaps there was a suspected drug courier on board.

What about on transiting Istanbul to New York, the airport authorities still carried out interviews and requested for return ticket before I could board a connecting flight!

So before Mr. OP starts to curse and swear at every civil servant trying to earn a living, he should understand why this is done, every country has to protect their borders even if ours doesn't. Besides, the OP failed to mention all he went through boarding the flight from Nigeria! It's like passing the eye of a needle. The most difficult take off point ever!

You missed it.His write up was not necessarily about himself but to bring to fore the malady Nigerian passport holders would face (already in practise anyway) while boarding and disembarking in france.

He very well wrote his experience and how he was able to boldly retain his integrity as a Nigerian despite bearing a canadian passport. Would he have been able to do same if he had flashed his naija passport?.
Many Nigerians at that instance he lambasted the french dude would either be fidgeting or even resort to begging to be freed or allowed passage.

I remember very well the story of the boy maltreated in egypt how it met cynism and rebuffs by many until minister viola stepped in and made it a national issue.

Nigerians do not have leaders but rulers.If this story does not meet social media ( which im sure is already in circulation and archived) attention,the treat will.go unabated.Ask anyone travelling through to egypt with egypt air if same treatment meted out to the boy is still been dished out to other Nigerians travelling there,im sure either the rascist tempo have receeded or hardly been brazenly diaplayed forthwith.

To the poster,writer and mod...kudos.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by delishpot: 9:21am On Nov 22, 2014
Poster so what is your point? If Nigerians no dey do wahala, will they be targeted for whala?
Shame suppose catch you sef instead you say they should act dumb and let every thing pass through tgeir border. So they should act like Nigerians ba? And pretend all is well kwo? If I were them I will not even allow naija people pass into my country without using interpol to check their background.
Abeg no vex look at this example.
If china people come naja and a handfull of them steal dogs and eat. Will a time not come when every china man on the street will be suspected? Will a time not come when we will just chuck them all into the dog eating pack? Will we say oh dont suspect them yet. Wait until they eat your dog then you can then judge them?
Abegi, shame supose catch you jor!
There was a time Naija was look at favourably and no one gave us wahala when we travel if our people dont stir shit, we wont smell shit.
I just feel for those that have genuine reasons to travel. Its a shame some desperados have spoilt it for the peaceful legit people. But do we blame oyinbo man for protecting himself in stead? Do we blame the mouth that bit or the finger that entered the mouth to be bitten?
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by chilonchi247: 9:22am On Nov 22, 2014
Goodday all,pls mi fam,I am working in mi dad's company as d director of one of d department,hw do I address mi employment situation 2 cic nd wot doc can I present 2 dem....as well as adressing a letter 2 dem,do u tink its necessary.tnx.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by seangy4konji: 10:35am On Nov 22, 2014
Makes sense.

Nigeria selling Birth right since 1200bc.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by seangy4konji: 10:37am On Nov 22, 2014
I no gain one thig from all u wrote here u be Lebanese?
delishpot:
Poster so what is your point? If Nigerians no dey do wahala, will they be targeted for whala?
Shame suppose catch you sef instead you say they should act dumb and let every thing pass through tgeir border. So they should act like Nigerians ba? And pretend all is well kwo? If I were them I will not even allow naija people pass into my country without using interpol to check their background.
If china people come naja and a handfull of them steal dogs and eat. Will a time not come when every china man on the street will be suspected? Will a time not come when we will just chuck them all into the dog eating pack? Will we say oh dont suspect them yet. Wait until they eat your dog then you can then judge them?
There was a time Naija was look at favourably and no one gave us wahala when we travel if our people dont stir shit, we wont smell shit.
I just feel for those that have genuine reasons to travel. Its a shame some desperados have spoilt it for the peaceful legit people. But do we blame oyinbo man for protecting himself in stead? Do we blame the mouth that bit or the finger that entered the mouth to be bitten?
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by seangy4konji: 10:39am On Nov 22, 2014
I no gain one thing from all u wrote here u be Lebanese?
delishpot:
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by delishpot: 11:08am On Nov 22, 2014
seangy4konji:
I no gain one thig from all u wrote here u be Lebanese?

Yes I be lebanese and chinese and indian and American and ghanian and Nigerian and french. Make I go school come back. Make I go learn queens English. Nor vex mny brother, wait small, when I graduate I go come repost in queens English.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:
Oh buhari, buhari, i remember those days, who da feck is France? Nonsense.
So buhari will stop Nigerians from peddling drugs in foreign countries?
Maybe you are oblivious of the criminality of Nigerians abroad.
Even if abacha returns as president, Nigerians will always be stereotyped until they change.

1 Like

Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
So buhari will stop Nigerians from peddling drugs in foreign countries?
Maybe you are oblivious of the criminality of Nigerians abroad.
Even if abacha returns as president, Nigerians will always be stereotyped until they change.
Google buhari era and drug trafficking.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Google buhari era and drug trafficking.
There is nothing buhari will do that the ndlea is not doing.
Btw, Many of these Nigerian drug dealers perpetrate their drug dealings in foreign countries.
There is nothing buhari can do about that.

1 Like

Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
There is nothing buhari will do that the ndlea is not doing.
Btw, Many of these Nigerian drug dealers perpetrate their drug dealings in foreign countries.
There is nothing buhari can do about that.
Your opinion. I deal with facts
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Your opinion. I deal with facts
No.
You deal in illusions.
An illusion that somehow buhari will stop a nigerian drug dealer in jourhanesburg, kenya or malaysia.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
No.
You deal in illusions.
An illusion that somehow buhari will stop a nigerian drug dealer in jourhanesburg, kenya or malaysia.
I deal with antecedent and facts, don't insult us with the pdp incompetence. Nigerians can fix Nigeria's problems. My country is not doomed
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

I deal with antecedent and facts, don't insult us with the pdp incompetence. Nigerians can fix Nigeria's problems. My country is not doomed
You have a problem understanding Nigeria's real problems.
There are worse countries than Nigeria today in terms of leadership and economy, yet i doubt if there is any with a worse reputation.
Most Nigerians are morally bankrupt.
Even many of the diasporeans insulting the nigerian govt on nairaland are involved in shady deals that tarnish the image of the country.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
You have a problem understanding Nigeria's real problems.
There are worse countries than Nigeria today in terms of leadership and economy, yet i doubt if there is any with a worse reputation.
Most Nigerians are morally bankrupt.
Even many of the diasporeans insulting the nigerian govt on nairaland are involved in shady deals that tarnish the image of the country.
What was Nigeria's reputation in the early 1990s, i mean ordinary Nigerians?
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

What was Nigeria's reputation in the early 1990s, i mean ordinary Nigerians?
it was still not good.
Maybe not as worse as it is now due to the low level of globalization then ,but it was a poor reputation nonetheless.
Infact i learn that Nigerians started foreign dating scams as far back as the 60s.
The last time we had a decent reputation was in 1960.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
it was still not good.
Maybe not as worse as it is now due to the low level of globalization then ,but it was a poor reputation nonetheless.
Infact i learn that Nigerians started foreign dating scams as far back as the 60s.
The last time we had a decent reputation was in 1960.
Bro there are more criminals in the US than Nigeria but the system ensures that they are controlled effectively. Ours is a case of when the head is rotten, everything is dead. Please read or ask people of Nigeria 1983 - 1984. They will tell you all about discipline and national pride.
I maintain that Nigeria and Nigeria can be fixed, in fact we are great followers, we need great leaders.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by KingBish(f): 2:44pm On Nov 22, 2014
Engen:
By Pius Adesanmi

Putain de merde!

Someone please translate this to English.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Bro there are more criminals in the US than Nigeria but the system ensures that they are controlled effectively. Ours is a case of when the head is rotten, everything is dead. Please read or ask people of Nigeria 1983 - 1984. They will tell you all about discipline and national pride.
I maintain that Nigeria and Nigeria can be fixed, in fact we are great followers, we need great leaders.
Fair enough.
There is nothing you said that contradicts my earlier post.
But one thing you should ponder on is that there are countries with more rotten and corrupt heads than Nigeria, yet with a much nicer reputation.
Why is that?

1 Like

Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
Fair enough.
There is nothing you said that contradicts my earlier post.
But one thing you should ponder on is that there are countries with more rotten and corrupt heads than Nigeria, yet with a much nicer reputation.
Why is that?
Effective governance. Humans at the slightest opportunity will break the law.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Effective governance. Humans at the slightest opportunity will break the law.

I think that is a very simplistic view.
Nigerians are the most deperate people on earth.
Even the most effective form of governance will find a problem containing them.
The south african govt for example is struggling to rein them in .
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:

I think that is a very simplistic view.
Nigerians are the most deperate people on earth.
Even the most effective form of governance will find a problem containing them.
The south african govt for example is struggling to rein them in .

Now i am beginning to think you have something against Nigerians. We also have Chadian and nigerien problems here. We had problems with Ghanaians and the past and South Africans and Zimbabwians were a problem in the late 80s
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 22, 2014
Obiagelli:

Now i am beginning to think you have something against Nigerians. We also have Chadian and nigerien problems here. We had problems with Ghanaians and the past and South Africans and Zimbabwians were a problem in the late 80s
I am a Nigerian too.
You will only be hiding your head in the sands if you choose not to understand and appreciate the dimension, persistence and sophistication of the Nigerian international criminal network.
There is nothing more ubiquitous .
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by ASL33: 6:24pm On Nov 22, 2014
F117AA:
I am a Nigerian too.
You will only be hiding your head in the sands if you choose not to understand and appreciate the dimension, persistence and sophistication of the Nigerian international criminal network.
There is nothing more ubiquitous .
They way foreign nationals treat Nigerians has nothing to do with Nigerian Govt but Nigerian xter. It's not Nigerian govt that send Nigerians to be trafficking on drugs or use fake passport to travel abroad. Anybody saying Buhari will curtail such dubious nigerians out side nigeria is just being silly. One thing people fell to understand is that Buhari ruled with absolute power some 30 years ago and things are not the same this time. Now he cannot control the judiciary like b4 unless he is corrupt. If he is principled as people proclaim he cannot control any government institution which is how governance should be.

Problem Nigerians face abroad is not due to bad governance at home simple.
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Nobody: 11:39pm On Nov 22, 2014
Je serai en france a lundi, kiss
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Alichigozie: 7:43am On Nov 23, 2014
long note lipsrsealed
Re: Ban Air France From Nigeria Now! by Xzbit91: 8:39pm On Nov 23, 2014
Jarus:
I have done Air France only once (Edinburgh to Paris, May 2013) and didn't have any negative experience.

However, I don't know Pius to be an alarmist.
read the report again, he is implying flights coming directly 4rm Nigeria pass through more rigorous security checks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Become Dstv Dealer,Distributor And Installer- By Fellow Nairalander! / 10 Key Impacts To Expect From Dangote’s Diesel Price Cut To N1,000 / Naira Falls Towards N400-$1 As Electioneering Resumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.