Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,745 members, 7,813,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:25 PM

Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi (20960 Views)

Police Take Over Headquarters Of NFF Following Court Order Sacking Amaju Pinnick / Keshi: Sacking Me Won’t Solve The Problem / Sacking Amodu Was A Mistake - Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by crownprince102: 2:49pm On Nov 21, 2014
Super Eagles head coach ,Stephen Keshi, still wants to continue in his role despite missing out on qualification for next year's Africa Cup of Nations.
Keshi believes sacking him will do nothing to reverse the downward trend the Eagles are currently experiencing, insisting the problems goes beyond him.
"If a team fails, sacking the coach won't solve the problem. The authority should look beyond the coach to find solutions to the problem," Keshi said
Keshi, who has been working without a contract since the expiration of his last deal after the World Cup, admitted that failure to qualify for next year AFCON is failure on his part.
"I can't deny it is a shame that we failed to qualify,on my part I failed the Nation but my players took South Africa for granted,a match they need to win."
His agent Emma Addo was however silent on his client future but echoed Keshi's sentiment that the problem of the team goes beyond the coach.
"No explanation will be acceptable now by Nigerians but Super Eagles problems goes beyond coaching,if some issues are not resolved no can succeed for long with the team," Addo added.
"We shouldn't forget where Keshi picked this team from in 2012, almost same place like they are now but nobody cared about how they got there, that is why it happened again."

http://www.sl10.ng/news/articles/categories/super-eagles/stephen-keshi-keen-on-super-eagles-stay/193191

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by rawpadgin(m): 2:57pm On Nov 21, 2014
don't worry mr. keshi, we will start from there

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Chanchit: 3:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
So in other words they should leave you ba? Thunder weh go fire you dey recieve touchline instruction from God.

130 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by busariabeyx24(m): 3:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
[color=#990000][/color] come stephen keshi abi Ω̴̩̩̩̥α wetin dem call u̶̲̥̅̊. No just think sey nigerians go forgive u̶̲̥̅̊ for your incapable act. Infact akokoro d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ your brain but you never notice. Fool 'mtcheeeew'

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by ifaoni(m): 3:31pm On Nov 21, 2014
even if it wont solve problems, just go first, fathead.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Samunique(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mr keshi, u are the A to Z of our football problem for now just pack ur load and go!!!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
Keshi should not forget that if siasia hadn't been sacked, he probably wudnt have been appointed eagles coach. We even had a team then with siasia; we cannot say same today.

17 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by StealthyMe(m): 4:35pm On Nov 21, 2014
Yes,i agree with him...It wouldn't solve the problem

But since it will solve half the problem,then that will be an improvement! embarassed

42 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by robosky02(m): 4:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
keshi has ehauted all he know

just take a break

go for refresher couse and start with a new country

for naija i think e don do

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by robosky02(m): 4:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
Join the biggest domestic game

NIGERIAS FEDERATIONS CUP FINALS 2014

EYIMBA VS DOLPHINS

SUN 23RD NOV 2014

NIGERIAS EL-CLASICO :

Click here :

https://www.nairaland.com/2003527/federation-cup-finals-eyimba-vs/1
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 21, 2014
StealthyMe:
Yes,i agree with him...It wouldn't solve the problem

But since it will solve half the problem,then that will be an improvement! embarassed
I completly agree with you

NFF Should start making plans now to rehabilitate and introduce new players and new management into Super Eagles. We need adequate preparations for the upcoming 2016 Olympic Games

10 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Mayor21(m): 5:20pm On Nov 21, 2014
Mr. No game plan..abegii we no want u again o, you've done your best, bye bye

3 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by tuffgongjo(m): 5:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sacking a coach most time(not all time though)refreshes the squad,it brings in new "hunger"$challenge.
If chelsea did not sack AVB,they won't have won that highly coveted "Big ears"champions league trophy.
If the guy b4 SAF was not sacked Man u won't be so great.
If Sia1 was not sacked Keshi won't have won the Afcon trophy.
And like all great men with self dignity,they take the bow after such dishearten occurrence.
So I think he should quit b4 the "axe"falls.
My piece of mind though.

29 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by AceOfDiamonds(m): 5:54pm On Nov 21, 2014
And since you sir know u're not the problem, that explains to us that you know what the problem is
Why then havent you solved the problem ?

Just quit sir undecided

5 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by crownprince102: 8:59pm On Nov 21, 2014
Keshi's fans should read former happenings in the world of football.
(1) Hassan Sheatta of Egypt won this same AFCON 3 consecutive times and resigned honorably when glory days are vanishing
(2) Luis Felipe Scolari won the world cup in 2002 with brazil and was not their coach for life, he came back in 2012 and despite winning the confederation cup and world cup semi- finalist, he was sacked.
(3) Roberto Di Matteo won the first ever champions league for chelsea in 2012 and was sacked the following season.
(4) The great Jose Mourinho won 2 consecutive premier league and was sacked in his third season.
(5) Carlo Ancelotti won FA cup and the EPL with chelsea and was sacked the following season.
(6) Rafa Benitez won everything but the EPL with liverpool was also fired.
(7) Dunga was a captain like Keshi, he won the world cup while playing, he won as a coach the confederation cup, CONCACAF(south american afcon) and a world cup quater finalist and was still fired.
(cool Marcelo Lippi won the world cup with Italy in 2006 and was fired.
(9) Aime Jacquet won the world cup in 1998 but was also sent away.
(10) Bert Van Marwijk and Alejandro Sabella were world cup finalist with Holland and Argentina respective and weren't allowed to continue. Who among them is of Keshi's pedigree? What has Keshi achieved compared to this guys? Life is about give what you have to offer and move on. Not everyone can tolerate failure like Arsenal, relying on past glory. Now, explain in details why we are ungrateful to Keshi after load of cash and national award. All this listed club and country went on to be an achiever.

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Sultan5(m): 11:18pm On Nov 21, 2014
Agreed sacking you will not solve the problem. BUT it's a start!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by easyelliot(m): 11:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
Arrogant and stubborn to the end. If your players took SA for granted is it not ur job to coach them against that? You are throwing your players under the bus when these are ur players you picked. Our defence has been atrocious, were u not a former defender of note?

Have some pride, the ovation has stopped.

16 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by denedene(m): 12:00am On Nov 22, 2014
where r all d "waiting" countries? keshi it's good to be humble o . on behalf of of oda disappointed nigerian fans I say BYE BYE n our president won't put mouth cuz your performance might put his chances in jeopardy... meanwhile I believe in Amaju Pinnick led board n dt chris giwa guy, kai! lemme just stop here

3 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by cr7lomo: 9:12am On Nov 22, 2014
This guy no wan go sha , he has eatin so much that his training kit was hanging on his body . Y is it that Nigerians prefer sack to resignation

5 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by joxxy01(m): 10:01am On Nov 22, 2014
it will change alot mr.kashi
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Azuist(m): 1:00pm On Nov 22, 2014
Kechi is right, sacking him will not solve the problem, infact it will make matters worse. No team succeeds without a coach, so if u sack him, u need to replace him. And if u replace him with someone that is worse than him, although this person will be difficult to find, then u ve made matters worse, if u replace him with someone like him, then we re still where we are. But if u replace him with someone better than him (very easy to get someone from this group), then we re moving ahead. So Keshi its absolutely right, sacking him will not solve the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by kokoA(m): 1:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
Why him come dey beg naw? I thought he said 1 million other countries are begging for his signature

5 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by crownprince102: 5:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
Keshi is a comedian...... We will see what NFF presido (GEJ) will do.

4 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 22, 2014
Oooh... how i love Keshi!!

1 Like

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 23, 2014
@crownprince102
as much as I get your point about sacking I would like to correct a few errors in your post.

Aime Jacquet resigned after France 98 and became Fff technical director after winning the world cup. he promised to resign after the tournament and was not sacked.
Lippi also resigned after Germany 2006 but was sacked in his second spell in 2010 so you are actually correct.
Sabella resigned after the Brazil world cup and wasn t sacked.
same as Bert Van Marwijk who resigned after Euro 2012.

but in all I agree with you thst no coach/manager is beyond sack and keshi is by no means an exemption.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by crownprince102: 2:11pm On Nov 23, 2014
StarBoard:
@crownprince102
as much as I get your point about sacking I would like to correct a few errors in your post.

Aime Jacquet resigned after France 98 and became Fff technical director after winning the world cup. he promised to resign after the tournament and was not sacked.
Lippi also resigned after Germany 2006 but was sacked in his second spell in 2010 so you are actually correct.
Sabella resigned after the Brazil world cup and wasn t sacked.
same as Bert Van Marwijk who resigned after Euro 2012.

but in all I agree with you thst no coach/manager is beyond sack and keshi is by no means an exemption.

I know all this my guy.... I 'm only desperate for this guys removal. You throw all bottles to anyone you want out. Our football needs a new beggining

4 Likes

Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by rayblast(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2014
we must sack u Keshi we nid change
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2014
crownprince102:

I know all this my guy.... I 'm only desperate for this guys removal. You throw all bottles to anyone you want out. Our football needs a new beggining
appreciated homie.
I feel you.
Keshi needs to go like yesterday, all sentiments apart.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by tuffgongjo(m): 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2014
crownprince102:
Keshi's fans should read former happenings in the world of football.
(1) Hassan Sheatta of Egypt won this same AFCON 3 consecutive times and resigned honorably when glory days are vanishing
(2) Luis Felipe Scolari won the world cup in 2002 with brazil and was not their coach for life, he came back in 2012 and despite winning the confederation cup and world cup semi- finalist, he was sacked.
(3) Roberto Di Matteo won the first ever champions league for chelsea in 2012 and was sacked the following season.
(4) The great Jose Mourinho won 2 consecutive premier league and was sacked in his third season.
(5) Carlo Ancelotti won FA cup and the EPL with chelsea and was sacked the following season.
(6) Rafa Benitez won everything but the EPL with liverpool was also fired.
(7) Dunga was a captain like Keshi, he won the world cup while playing, he won as a coach the confederation cup, CONCACAF(south american afcon) and a world cup quater finalist and was still fired.
(cool Marcelo Lippi won the world cup with Italy in 2006 and was fired.
(9) Aime Jacquet won the world cup in 1998 but was also sent away.
(10) Bert Van Marwijk and Alejandro Sabella were world cup finalist with Holland and Argentina respective and weren't allowed to continue. Who among them is of Keshi's pedigree? What has Keshi achieved compared to this guys? Life is about give what you have to offer and move on. Not everyone can tolerate failure like Arsenal, relying on past glory. Now, explain in details why we are ungrateful to Keshi after load of cash and national award. All this listed club and country went on to be an achiever.
bros,Lippi retired in 2006,but was shamefully dismissed after the 2010 WC disaster,Sabella also wasn't sacked he took the honorable way out.
Keshi should have quit after that WC in my own opinion.
Re: Sacking Me Won't Solve The Problem -keshi by tuffgongjo(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2014
Azuist:
Kechi is right, sacking him will not solve the problem, infact it will make matters worse. No team succeeds without a coach, so if u sack him, u need to replace him. And if u replace him with someone that is worse than him, although this person will be difficult to find, then u ve made matters worse, if u replace him with someone like him, then we re still where we are. But if u replace him with someone better than him (very easy to get someone from this group), then we re moving ahead. So Keshi its absolutely right, sacking him will not solve the problem.
The taste of the pudding is in the mouth bro,it is not trying something$failing that is a sin,it is not trying it out first.
So let him go,let us try someone new.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Reception For Victorious Eagles In Abuja (Photos) / Tuchel Reveals Plan For Werner After Lukaku’s Arrival / Oshoala Voted Nigeria’s Greatest Female Player Of All Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.