Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:50 AM

People Like Myself "By Faithful Don" - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / People Like Myself "By Faithful Don" (653 Views)

A Faithful Dog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

People Like Myself "By Faithful Don" by faithfuldon7(m): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2014
People Like Myself
No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without the prior written permission of the copyright writer.
All events, places and names mentioned are not real. None of the names of people I have written actually exists. It is my invention; a complete fiction.
It is intended to entertain as well as educate our today Nigerian youths to know how the people that are suppose to lead us to the promise land are using us as tools to destroy our future for their own gain.
If by chance, or by any means, this story depicts any actual person(s) or situation, either in the past or now, dead or alive, I would like to state that it is a total twist of fate.
I sincerely hope that this story will create the desired intentions.
Re: People Like Myself "By Faithful Don" by faithfuldon7(m): 3:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
[center]Chapter One:[/center]
I tried to run back but I was stunted; deceptively my legs were cemented to the floor. My worst fear has been confirmed that I won’t go for service this year and am on the run from both the police and the other cult boys on campus.
“why on earth am I here today when I know that I’m on the watch list of all the security agencies in the state and all my boys have gone into hiding for fear of been caught or worst killed” I said to myself as I tried to run from the student affair division and the two men in suit were still following me. Before I knew I was wrestled to the ground by two guys I thought were students. I tried to reach for my gun but they were too strong for me. I managed to head butt one of them while I tried to pull my gun out quickly then I felt a sharp pain on my arm and another followed immediately on my left leg then I saw blood gushing out which made me wondered what kind of weapon was used. All the staff and students within that vicinity started running away and then I realised that the end was near for me. I managed to crawl to the students’ garden and sat on the metallic constructed chair which coincidentally was the chair I was sitting on when I was invited to join the brotherhood. I sat comfortably with no fear but doubt whether there is heaven or hell. I was proud that I didn’t die with my back on the ground like my other fallen heroes. Still sitting in the pool of my own blood, I managed to bring out my most valued possession “my tennis ball” signed by my mum. I always wanted to be a tennis player with great potential of turning pro someday but now I am a cultist wanted by all agencies for offences ranging from cultism, attempted murder, rape, extortion and other offences that I believed the law doesn’t have names for yet. The truth be told, I didn’t commit any of the crimes level against me but am always aware of what is happening before or after it happens at least.
I have been shot and the bullet penetrating me makes me wonder who betrayed me. I was not scared of death at that point but wonder how my mother will feel after hearing that am dead.
My vision was getting blurry and people were beginning to gather to know why I was shot but others that knew what was happening were saying things that I could hardly comprehend. Three Hilux cars on full speed halted at the scene with many mobile policemen jumping out in quick succession. They were all pointing their guns at me and shouting that if I moved then my body will be raided with bullets. As a frigate captain, let the devil that lead you guide you. I have been betrayed by my own brothers but no qualms as the first law said “No Buras in the woods” and I was ready to carry my cross.
Taye My ADC betrayed me his MMP and I began to wonder for what gain. I arrived Ida when I was told the coast was clear that I can meet the dean of students affair for my call up letter and I will safely go back. The night of my return was fun as all newbie and buras were there to celebrate the return of a living legend. Federal Polytechnic Ida cannot forget in a hurry what the call of my name can send waves in their spine.
My name is Timothy Gbenga A.K.A “Pounds”, I came to school with great hope of becoming an Architect and a good one at that. I was once a celebrated hero but everybody now see me as a villain. I love my life but the way it affect you depends on you. I was a church going person that worship God at his own space despite been raised in a Christian home with the Bible as your companion. I only quote or memorised the Bible to get money from my mum. She loves hearing me quoting the Bible in all my conversation to prove that I’m grounded in the word of the lord. I go to church for two reasons, to please my prayer warrior mum and if I see any fine babe that can keep me busy for a week or two. All I care about is my looks because I believe this life is a market place and the way you present yourself determine the way you are treated.
I managed to stand up with the gun on my left hand and my tennis ball on the other. I was squeezing the tennis ball to help me control my heartbeat and I do that a lot to help me control myself when I’m angry or in a difficult situation. I was losing a lot of blood but managed to hold a strong face. Two of the policemen went back into the car and pulled out a dead body and I realised it was Taye. “So Taye is dead ,then who betrayed us” I murmured to myself. Seeing Taye’s body weaken me and I fell to the ground. “Jesus why have thou forsaken me” I shouted. Later I felt the tip of a gun on my fore head and i raised up my head to see that it was Rita my girlfriend. “Pounds, you are under arrest for many offences that i can’t mention now, you the right to a lawyer. If you can’t afford one then one will be provided you” She shouted. It was like a dream that I wanted to wake up from. How can Rita be SSS when she is student that I helped to pass her courses and she even lost her virginity to me. Hope possible is this, she is the only person i trusted in this world and i believed her. The only girl i fell in love with is pointing a gun to my head and when i looked straight into her eyes i could see a different person who was willing to shoot if i messed up.
All great men have fall when their love for women supersede their priority. Nelson Mandela(Madiba) spent 27 years in Jail but when he returned he couldn’t spend 14 days with his wife and now my love is pointing a gun at me.
Re: People Like Myself "By Faithful Don" by stuff46(m): 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2014
na wao for girls.
You have got me.
Regirtered my presence and following till the end. You are good

(1) (Reply)

Now That You Are Here; A Tale Of Deception And Betrayal Episode 6 / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Nominated For Grammyaward With Beyonce / I Just Hate Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.