Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,603 members, 7,827,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. (2563 Views)

Eastern Palm University, Ogboko: Okorocha Gets NUC Licence / SEE Map,could This Be Why Boko Haram Started And Spread Like Fire In The North, / Eastern Mediterranean University(emu)-cyprus Fall Admission Has Started! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by chrisxxx(m): 4:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
I was amazed when gazing at £10 note issued by Clydesdale Bank Glasgow Scotland UK to discover a section of Nigerian territory on this money. I was wondering how could this be until I turned the overleaf only to see Mary Selessor on same note. This lady stopped the killing of twins particularly in the areas shown on the map. I wonder if the federal govt has recognised her.

Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2014
They'd rather recognize coup plotters.
This woman did good thing for us, how many more kids would have perished if she hadn't stopped that crime then?
At least, what's the big deal in having her face on our note? Elizabeth's face graced the Canadian Dollar.

1 Like

Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Debbychi(f): 4:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
I think a university in d eastern part should be named after her,or a charity foundation should b named in her honour....i dont even think d veri young ones know much abt her
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by haxorDelite(m): 5:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
So how do you want us to believe you? Atleat majority of us here cant see it @ d moment, so do the needful and post the Pictures!
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by chrisxxx(m): 7:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
haxorDelite:
So how do you want us to believe you? Atleat majority of us here cant see it @ d moment, so do the needful and post the Pictures!
U cant see the picture or what? For ur information I uploaded the pix as well.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by kelechiMarie(f): 9:25pm On Nov 21, 2014
mary slessor the selfless missionary who devoted her life to a worthy cause
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
chrisxxx:
I was amazed when gazing at £10 note issued by Clydesdale Bank Glasgow Scotland UK to discover a section of Nigerian territory on this money. I was wondering how could this be until I turned the overleaf only to see Mary Selessor on same note. This lady stopped the killing of twins particularly in the areas shown on the map. I wonder if the federal govt has recognised her.

Well done op, I got one of those when I went to Edinburgh,kept it as a souvenir.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Tuminibody: 10:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Front page material.
Over here we prefer villians than heroes.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by lonelydora: 11:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
She a Presbyterian, so many Presbyterian churches and schools was named after her. In fact we celebrated her on the 16th of November throughout the country.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Malcolmx12: 11:26pm On Nov 21, 2014
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by nanauju(f): 12:02am On Nov 22, 2014
$
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Asemo11(m): 12:20am On Nov 22, 2014
nanauju:
$
Malcolmx12:
. What is the meaning of dis we don't accept dis in france
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by barackodam: 1:33am On Nov 22, 2014
Largas:
This woman did good thing for us, how many more kids would have perished if she hadn't stopped that crime then?
At least, what's the big deal in having her face on our note? Elizabeth's face graced the Canadian Dollar.

If she ddnt, someone else would.

Stop making it seem if she hadn't, it'd have continued for life
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:27am On Nov 22, 2014
It's of no significance to me having our map o'er there. She is zealous, yes we know! She stopped an evil cause, then? I don't know why I always have this feeling ........... wen I see tins lyk this(the part omitted to prevent uproar).
Thank God for the live she lead though. If not, d over a million lifes wasted during the Biafran war would have anihiliated the entire Igbo, and that man from otuoke without sandals' lineage might have been wiped off. Thanks to that we have an easy to manipulate and power-thirsty Jona walking on the part of making 'things fall apart'!
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by fr3do(m): 2:43am On Nov 22, 2014
Is that note currently functioning as their currency?
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by fr3do(m): 2:46am On Nov 22, 2014
Largas:

Canada is a colony na

Debbychi:
I think a university in d eastern part should be named after her,or a charity foundation should b named in her honour....i dont even think d veri young ones know much abt her

Taaaaaa! If she hadn't come, it would have still stopped.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by chrisxxx(m): 3:16am On Nov 22, 2014
fr3do:
Is that note currently functioning as their currency?
Yes brother. Just used it for transaction.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by fr3do(m): 3:18am On Nov 22, 2014
chrisxxx:

Yes brother. Just used it for transaction.

Hian wetin our map come dey find there
Are we a trophy?
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by kwhiz(m): 4:23am On Nov 22, 2014
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Nutase: 6:41am On Nov 22, 2014
we go recognize her for 5000 naira note.
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 22, 2014
barackodam:

If she ddnt, someone else would.

Stop making it seem if she hadn't, it'd have continued for life
That is the issue, you and fr3do don't grasp. She came earlier and saved much more lives. How many lives would have been lost if someone stopped the killing long after she died? Do you even have sympathy for a single human lives not to mention hundred
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by barackodam: 10:56am On Nov 22, 2014
Largas:

That is the issue, you and fr3do don't grasp. She came earlier and saved much more lives. How many lives would have been lost if someone stopped the killing long after she died? Do you even have sympathy for a single human lives not to mention hundred

Yes, You are right
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by adebisiema(m): 11:21am On Nov 22, 2014
I----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_) WAS
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - HERE
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by haxorDelite(m): 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2014
chrisxxx:

U cant see the picture or what? For ur information I uploaded the pix as well.
if it was there would I ask for it
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 22, 2014
Who is Mary Slessor? We don't know her in this our banana republic! We only recognise coup plotters, arsonists and looters.
lipsrsealed
undecided undecided
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by wheesin(m): 1:10pm On Nov 22, 2014
eyah undecided
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2014
hmmm
Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Janedoe26(f): 3:27pm On Nov 22, 2014
m

1 Like

Re: Old Eastern Nigeria Map On British £10. by Debbychi(f): 9:59pm On Nov 23, 2014
fr3do:

Taaaaaa! If she hadn't come, it would have still stopped.
sure,it would av stopped bt it mite av taken tym

(1) (Reply)

Six Reasons You Should Stop Underlining Your Books. / ODUMEGWU OJUKWU POLYTECHNIC - Is This School Accredited? / Cambridge IELTS Practice Tests Series (1 – 13) Student’s Book With Answers (PDF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.