Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,767 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji (1213 Views)

We Will Vote Jonathan Despite Our Regrets In Voting Him In 2011 – Middle Belt / Alleged N600m Fraud Trial: Lagos Speaker, Ikuforiji, Knows Fate July 11 / Adeyemi Ikuforiji (Lagos Speaker) In EFCC Custody Over 7 Billion Naira Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by ikaboy: 3:53am On Nov 22, 2014
Pastor (Mrs) Mayowa Ikuforiji is the wife of the speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Adeyemi Ikuforiji. She is a pastor while her husband is a Muslim and they have been together for 30 years. In this interview with newsmen, she speaks on how their marriage has survived through the decades. Taiwo Ogunmola-Omilani was there for LEADERSHIP Weekend

As a Pastor who has been married to a Muslim for 30 years, what would you say is the secret of your harmonious union?

It is the grace of God and I think we basically worship the same God. I’m a pastor and very serious about my religion; he is a Muslim and he’s also very serious about Islam.

We love and understand each other and there was a sort of agreement that he would allow me practice my religion. There aren’t any problems regarding religion. In fact, at times he prays with me; he is very conversant with the Bible. He can quote from Genesis to Revelation. So, it is easier for him to tolerate my religion. If he had been a Muslim who doesn’t know much about the Bible, it could have been difficult. But he understands the Bible very well.

He doesn’t joke with prayer and he allows me to practice mine. Sometimes he would take me to church and come back to pick me. So, religion has never been an issue in our home. We got married at Saint Paul Anglican Church and had a court wedding too.

http://leadership.ng/features/interviews/391309/marriage-strong-despite-different-faiths-pastor-mayowa-ikuforiji

Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by ikaboy: 3:55am On Nov 22, 2014
Laudable!! but your bleaching sha....

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by Nobody: 3:59am On Nov 22, 2014
Wow, that's good to know. That's why it's good to define terms before the marriage proper. It's like most Yoruba top men have Christian wives. That's good. May God bless them and touch their hearts.
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by jeffizy(m): 4:04am On Nov 22, 2014
Count yourself lucky ma'm.
I know men that will serenade you into family life and after the cement don hold well, they change am for you. Lol.
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by lanrefront1(m): 4:07am On Nov 22, 2014
"it is the grace of God and I think we
basically worship the same God.
I’m a pastor and very serious about
my religion; he is a Muslim and
he’s also very serious about Islam."

This woman no pastor anything. In fact, she doesn't known the first thing about Christianity. Whoever ordained her pastor no well at all at all.

Whoever sits under her teaching needs their heads examined.

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by tit(f): 4:20am On Nov 22, 2014
ikaboy:
na acid victim?
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by adebisiema(m): 4:53am On Nov 22, 2014
I----oooO---
----(----)----!
-----\--(--
------\_) WAS
-----------Oooo
-----------(--- -)---
------------)-- /----
------------(_/ - HERE
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by eleojo23: 5:27am On Nov 22, 2014
Hmmm...
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by Tallesty1(m): 6:07am On Nov 22, 2014
ikaboy:
With Vulturous nails.

Painted like a peacock.

Pastor my foot.
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by ednut1(m): 6:30am On Nov 22, 2014
nigerians smh. claim to be religious but ikuroriji ns chronic looter
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by Oklander: 6:34am On Nov 22, 2014
hmmm... What shall I says!, 'non of my business'
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by fitzmayowa: 6:39am On Nov 22, 2014
ednut1:
nigerians smh. claim to be religious but ikuroriji ns chronic looter

Its not looting but God's blessing provided tithe is been remitted...cheesy
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by Ovamboland(m): 7:15am On Nov 22, 2014
Some people across the Niger find it difficult to understand a union like this hence the moment one of them gets the presidency, it has served to increase our division on religions lines.

That is why you hardly find any crisis among Westerners due to differences in religion. Yoruba traditional religion itself promotes plurality of ideas and is welcoming for consideration of ideas all over the world. It however frowns on extremism and promotes the live and let live philosophy because it understands Ideas rule the world not violence or empty chest beating.
Re: My Marriage Is Strong Despite Our Different Faiths – Pastor Mayowa Ikuforiji by ikaboy: 7:50am On Nov 22, 2014
My broda, nothing weh person no go see from these yoluda women hand. I really dont understand their take on bleaching.
tit:

na acid victim?

(1) (Reply)

Tompolo’s Battleships May Be Turned Against Itsekiri – Group / Why The Presidency May Not Reply Fr. Mbaka / Revealed: How INEC Rigged For PDP In 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.