Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State (3172 Views)

The Newly Constructed Imo College Of Nursing Science(icon) Opkoro By Gov.rochas / Minister Of Health Was Previously Sacked For Fraud / Speech Delivered By Hon.minister Of Health On The World Blood Donors Day. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 9:37am On Nov 23, 2014
Can anyone explain the different between Ebola and lassa fever.

2 Likes

Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by Nobody: 9:59am On Nov 23, 2014
Hmm smiley
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 24, 2014
What are the courses offered in De potter C.O.H.T? Is the college affiliated to a teaching hospital? smiley
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by cheyi007: 12:33pm On Nov 24, 2014
Environmental health technician, health assistant( medical), ultrasound technician, health information management etc The college is affiliated to Ogun state college of health tech. Ilese. The students do their practicals in teaching hospitals also.

1 Like

Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 24, 2014
cheyi007:
Environmental health technician, health assistant( medical), ultrasound technician, health information management etc The college is affiliated to Ogun state college of health tech. Ilese. The students do their practicals in teaching hospitals also.

That's nice then! smiley

1 Like

Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 30, 2014
folababy9:
Can anyone explain the different between Ebola and lassa fever.

Ebola is non re-infective, so to speak, while lassa fever is re-infective.

Ebola, EVD is highly contagious/communicable, and has vectors like bats, and primates, while lassa fever is non-contagious/incommunicable, with only rats as its vector.
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
FIRST AID KIT

First aid kit is a collection of equipment,materials and over-the-counter drugs used in giving first aid.

Do you have one? If No,get one as soon as possible from a store or you can assemble the item into a portable box.

Have one in your house and another in your car.

COMPONENTS OF FIRST AID KIT

* First aid manual
* 25 adhesive bandage (assorted sizes)
* Dressing packs
* Crepe bandage
* Adhesive tapes
* Disposable gloves
*safety pins

* surgical mask
* scissors and tweezers
* A pair of artery forceps
*Disposable syringes (2ml,5ml)
* A bottle of spirit
* A bottle of salvon
* 5 Antiseptic ointment/solution (e.g hydrogen peroxide)
* cleansing soap

* Tetanus injection ampoule
* Pain drug( acetaminophen and ibuprofen )
* Calamine lotion
* 2 hydrocortisone cream packs ( 1%, approx 1gram each)
* Antacid
* Asthama drug
* Antihistamine e.g phenhydramine
* antibiotic ointment packs
* packs of Aspirin
* Petroleum jelly
* Saline solution
* Anti diarrhoea medication (e.g. Oral rehydration salt)

* flashlight and extra batteries (nigerian power issues,for those in developed countries you might find yourself in dark place)
* Blanket
* Mouthpiece for administering CPR
* list of emergency phone number including that of family doctor.

PRECAUTION
* store kit out of reach of children but still within the reach of grown members of the family.

* Replace missing or expired item

CARDIOPULMONARY RESUSCITATION(CPR)

The new guideline from the American Heart Association recommends that compression of the chest is started before airway. That is C-A-B instead of A-B-C

Here are the steps for CPR under 3 basic heading; C-A-B:

APPROACHING THE PERSON

* Ask yourself: is it safe for me to approach the person? Is it safe for the person too? Check for dangers and clear them or more the person out of the danger. You can do this by placing a hard board or blanket and roll the person onto the material or simply roll the person out of the dangerous area.

* Is the person conscious or unconscious? If he appears unconscious...tap or shake his shoulder and ask loudly...'are you okay'...or...call his name. If the person responds and breathing is good,then leave CPR and give other necessary first aid.
If no responds,the roll the person on his back.

* Call the paramedic or police
However,for suffocated person like drowning, do CPR for one minute before calling.

* Call for an assistant,if available.

COMPRESSION ( ensures adequate circulation )

Start chest compression

* Kneel next to the person's neck and shoulders.

*place the heel of your hand on the centre of the person's chest between the Tips,then put the other hand on top of the first with your fingers interlaced. Your elbow should be straight and your shoulders directly above your hands.

* Press down the chest to at least 2 inches or approx 5cm (for adults and children) and 1.5 inches (for infants).

Do 30 compressions (if well trained in CPR) or 100 per minute (if not well trained). Then move to airway.

AIRWAY

* Clear the airway of any obstruction

* Open the airway with a head tilt and chin lift.

* Check for normal breathing,chest movement, feel for the person's breath on your cheek or ear (this shouldn't take more than 10secs)

BREATHING (mouth to mouth)
while keeping the head tilted and chin lifted.

*pinch the nose of the person to close it. Take a normal breath,cover the person's mouth with yours to create an airtight seal.

* Then give 2 breaths,each should take one second,as you watch for the chest to rise during each breath.

* Continue the compression and breath...30 compressions to 2 breaths...until help comes.
This ratio is the same for one-person or two-person CPR.

DON'Ts

Don't do head tilt and chin lift if you suspect the person has neck injury or fracture.

2 Likes

Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hello! Pls ooooo....... As much as there're lots of people that bathe with sponges,have also come across people who don't bathe with sponges.

Quite a close friend of mine recently told me he doesn't bathe with sponge and I never knew all this while,he just gently rubs his preferred soap on his body and then washes it off with water,I was like I can never bathe without using a sponge,guess everybody's used to what they tend to always do.

But bathing with a sponge & without a sponge,which is better? Some say bathing with a sponge is better because it kind of removes more dirts by its scrubbing technique,but most foreign movies I watch,in scenes of an individual taking a bath I hardly see the individual using a sponge,it's like some use soap and some don't even use it at all,just showering,however the case may be,I will always go for sponges,how do you take your own bath? Anyone pls
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2014
Today is World Aids Day.............

Even though we've come a long way in the fight against this disease, but, it's still alive and raging.....

Many people are living with aids, with proper medications and good food they are living longer....

We need to be kinder to people that are living with Aids, they are fighting for their lives, they don't need to add extra weights to their battle.....

Sometimes, it is not the disease itself that's killing people, but the stigmatism, the isolation by families and friends....

#read up on Aids, you cannot catch it by being nice to an infected person, you cannot catch it by hugging and touching them......

#Reminder.........Aids is real and alive, but don't forget it's not the only sexually transmitted disease out there, some are just as devastating as aids......

If you must have sex, protect your self, there's still no cure for Aids.......careful how you share any form of bodily fluids, you cannot tell who's sick just by merely looking at a person.......

We acknowledged those working hard to find a cure and those healthcare workers.......taking care of people who aren't able to care for themselves.....

We remember those that have died of Aids over the years, we pray for those living with Aids and we remind the rest................be careful!!!

Know your status....
The earlier you know if you are HIV positive, the earlier you can begin with treatment........

Folakemi.
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by bunmita: 12:25am On Dec 02, 2014
Good to know ultrasound technician is being offered as a course in your college. Do they practice as sonographers. I need one urgently in my scan centre. Call Dr on 0909 089 8431 if interested. Thanks.
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by Nobody: 2:00am On Dec 02, 2014
bunmita:
Good to know ultrasound technician is being offered as a course in your college. Do they practice as sonographers. I need one urgently in my scan centre. Call Dr on 0909 089 8431 if interested. Thanks.

This is the cheapest line in the book! Young boy, take a hike! Your ulterior motive smells like a dead fish!

1 Like

Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
If you want to know more about this college, you can click on www.depotterhealthtech.com and read more about it.
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2015
Happy new year to you all, from everyone @ DE POTTER COLLEGE OF HEALTH TECHNOLOGY. This 2015 is going to be a great year for us.(AMEN)
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2015
Don't wait for change that you desire,most people claim that they are waiting,not knowing they are wasting.waiting without doing something is wasting without knowing. The longer you wait doing nothing,the more failure will over take you.words for the wise.
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by folababy9(f): 5:03pm On Jan 07, 2015
Great zeal without proper direction is like a sword in the hand of lunatic....
Re: De Potter College Of Health Ijebu-igbo, Ogun State by pappyjoe(m): 3:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
Do dey serve as a youth corp member?

(1) (Reply)

Http://www.porstory..com / Bitter Kola And Honey: 5 Powerful Health Benefits / I Have Pimples All Over My Chest. What Do I Do Please Nl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.