Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,622 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:52 AM

Anambra State Investments And The Concept Of Blind Trust By Mokwe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Investments And The Concept Of Blind Trust By Mokwe (692 Views)

Peter Obi And Bonaventure Mokwe`s Hotel Saga View From Vancouver Canada / Peter Obi - Agulu Lake Project Said To Be Frustrated By Politics – By Mokwe. / Peter Obi - Beyond The Visit To Odumegwu Ojukwu's Grave : By Mokwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Anambra State Investments And The Concept Of Blind Trust By Mokwe by Ntananke: 6:26pm On Nov 23, 2014
James Eze, an assistant to Governor Willie Obiano recently made the Anambraians to know that the administration has attracted almost $1billion US dollars in investment in the last six months, averaging $100m US dollars per month. It became public news in the Daily Sun newspaper of Monday the 10th day November 2014. It is an exceptional accomplishment for a short period of time. I am one of the few people that truly know the shackled-up situation the governor had to navigate and still, he keeps breaking all the records. I have gone to the length of making it known to the general public via the print and electronic media and will continue precisely on course propagating the good aspects of the administration.

I am a card carrying member of APGA and an ardent supporter of Willie Obiano's administration. It is my duty to advice on issues that will benefit APGA government at all times. Every government knows the importance of foreign investment with respect to economic development and empowerment and Willie Obiano's administration has scored 100% on that. I am of the opinion that the manner of presenting successful foreign investment to Anambraians has to be adjusted to reflect Obiano's superior intelligence and his true nature of not identifying with activities that are essentially in the mold of; '' THE MORE YOU LOOK THE LESS YOU SEE''. I will come back to that.

It is very important that Anambraians be told exactly what such investments means to them. The statistical presentation of the chain-effect of the procured investment such as X number of employment, X% reduction in crime and the statistical extrapolation of the quantified benefit to the state in the short and long-run also needs to be stated. The state government could also negotiate some employment slots with the investing firm to feed the department created for unemployed graduates and such employments slots will be made public along with the statistical analysis of a particular investment. In cases where Anambra state is involved, what are the specifics? If it is partnership, who exactly are the partners? Anambraians will subsequently develop the feeling of being taken along. The political capital will be huge for the administration.

Now, the above obtainments are exactly the opposite of Peter obi's idea of state investment. Blind trust. Peter Obi made the Anambraians to believe and accept his ''WORD'' that we are co-owners in Interfact beverages limited, the brewers of Hero beer and other brands. He was silent on the complete identities of our partners with the exception of SABMiller. We were not told of our capital contribution nor our partner or partners’ capital contributions. Till date. We do not know our percentage ownership and how it came to be that. We do not know whether share ownership was based on capital contribution and whether our ownership means just the dustbins in the brewery's premises or whether we may have sold our shares without knowing when we did.

The above is Saint Peter Obi's idea of Anambra state investment and he does not need to worry about revisiting the cloudy investment because of citizenry docility.

Documents obtained from Corporate Affairs commission Abuja showed that SABMiller, Next International limited and Anambra State government are the shareholders of Interfact beverages Ltd, other members’ remains unclear. Next international limited is a company owned by Mr. Peter Obi. Forensic examination of the whole Interfact beverages Ltd transaction will show that Anambra state did Infact contribute more than the worth of its allocated shares in the partnership and the beneficiary of the excess capital outlay will be Next international Ltd. That is what you call; ''THE MORE YOU LOOK, THE LESS YOU SEE''
God save us from the saint.

Chief Bonaventure C. Mokwe
(OBIRIDIKE UMUCHU)
APGA CHIEFTAIN

Re: Anambra State Investments And The Concept Of Blind Trust By Mokwe by Johnpaul2k2(m): 6:43pm On Nov 23, 2014
This piece of article made my day. Apart from the huge investments attracted in Nigeria, None of the governors has stipulate the exact share for the state or investors.

All we hear is billions of this has been awarded,but who cares to think about that? When we were blind with sentiments and evil minds.

The only thing I understand in Anambra case is that we witness a drop in employment ratio. So I advice we concernrate more on the development issues, maybe by the time we grow, we will start studying shareholders

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Poll: Arabs Prefer Israel To Palestinian Authority / Obafemi Awolowo University Students Boo, Stone President Jonathan In Ife During / Former Foreign Minister Of Affairs, Gbenga Ashiru Dies At 66

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.