Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,095 members, 7,814,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note (4902 Views)

Centenary N100 Note Goes Into Circulation Friday / Muslim Body, MURIC, Questions Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Picture Of The New N100 Centenary Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by meccuno: 12:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
9jaforlife:
First of all, before any bigot reigns abuses, let me be clear that I am not against changing the Arabic inscriptions on our notes, since it's not our adopted language. It was put there for a purpose and this purpose has been served.

However, those of you insulting Muslims should be informed that the Arabic inscriptions have NOTHING to do with Islam. Quoting Dr Nowa Omouigui, "the original reason for Arabic Inscriptions was that Frederick Lugard (who among other decorations, was the first Commander of the West African Frontier Force between 1897-99) identified Arabic as the only written indigenous language anywhere in Nigeria/West Africa, particularly among the widely spread Hausa traders across the region (see Lugard report to Parliament, 1919). Arabic inscriptions were, therefore, used as symbols, not only for currency but even on official West African Frontier Force badges, etc. This persists until today in Nigerian Army badges".

Lugard's reason for the Arabic was simple; so that this large sect of people (Hausas) who could not read English language, and who used the currency as an instrument of trade could know the notes they were using, since naira was newly introduced. The Arabic you see on the notes do not represent Islamic principles, but simply mean the value of the currency in Hausa language. For example, the transcription of the inscription on the two hundred naira note is "naira dari biyu", meaning "two hundred naira". This is exactly what is inscribed in English language, nothing more.

Somebody also mentioned here that Nigeria adopted Islamic architectural designs for our national buildings, referring to the Dome of the National Assembly. This only shows the depth of ignorance of some nairalanders. Even though domes are considered an achievement of the Islamic Empires, it has been widely adopted in many developed countries of the world for centuries (see the list below).

Dome Of The Rock, Jerusalem, Israel

Saint Basil’s Cathedral, Moscow, Russia

Florence Cathedral (Santa Maria del Fiore), Florence, Italy

United States Capitol, Washington DC, and

Taj Mahal, Agra, India, which is considered one of the 7 wonders of the world

I wonder why these countries have not been converted to Islam because if their choice of architecture. Only in Nigeria will you see educated youths fighting baseless fights and ignoring issues of priority. God help us!
stop being economical with the truth my friend.....the dome of the rock is the al qasa mosque which is the third holiest site in islam......and a major dispute between the jews and the arab muslims......the dome in russia is another religious building.....while the capitol is just one building with that architectural design of which has national importance......you and I know that the "dome" in abuja relates to religious beliefs in islam.....and they are of arabian or middle eastern architecture....if you where being straight forward,u would know that it has islam written all over it.....the same way we were inscribed in OIC is the same way our naira notes were written with arabic inscriptions.....we don't need any structure that depicts any religion......and am afraid that's what the muslims have been up to.....very soon,people would say Boko haram are not muslims.....please don't pass messages like this because you feel that ur readers aren't informed....and how can you say arabic inscriptions have nothing to do with islam? If u remove arabic,how do you read your Koran?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by moufan: 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2014
jamace:
My friend, it is not concept hcl. It is concentrated HCl. Don't murder Chemistry abeg o.
f.ucker, wat do u know bout chemistry?maybe u haven't heard of auto correct in ur life. BTW,let me educate u about acids,there are many example of acids which can be conc or diluted (one which contains significant proportion of h2o).example of other acids are hno3(nitric acid),h2so4(sulphuric acid) etc. f.ucker,hope u now understand acids.
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by jamace(m): 2:17pm On Nov 24, 2014
moufan:
f.ucker, wat do u know bout chemistry?maybe u haven't heard of auto correct in ur life. BTW,let me educate u about acids,there are many example of acids which can be conc or diluted (one which contains significant proportion of h2o).example of other acids are hno3(nitric acid),h2so4(sulphuric acid) etc. f.ucker,hope u now understand acids.
grin grin Bye bye sir.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by 9jaforlife: 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
meccuno:
stop being economical with the truth my friend.....the dome of the rock is the al qasa mosque which is the third holiest site in islam......and a major dispute between the jews and the arab muslims......the dome in russia is another religious building.....while the capitol is just one building with that architectural design of which has national importance......you and I know that the "dome" in abuja relates to religious beliefs in islam.....and they are of arabian or middle eastern architecture....if you where being straight forward,u would know that it has islam written all over it.....the same way we were inscribed in OIC is the same way our naira notes were written with arabic inscriptions.....we don't need any structure that depicts any religion......and am afraid that's what the muslims have been up to.....very soon,people would say Boko haram are not muslims.....please don't pass messages like this because you feel that ur readers aren't informed....and how can you say arabic inscriptions have nothing to do with islam? If u remove arabic,how do you read your Koran?

Your comment reeks of confusion. It is very clear that you're one of those who readily form their opinion before you listen to what another has to say, hence the reason for your strong bias.

First of all, you have mistaken Al Aqsa Mosque/Mosque of Omar with the Dome of the Rock: even though they are both in Jerusalem, they are NOT the same!

Secondly, you heightened your confusion by saying that the dome in Russia (St Basil's Cathedral) is another religious building. Yes, a CHRISTIAN Religion Building. I hope you understand that no community will erect a cathedral to ISLAMIZE its people. And that's my point exactly.... The fact that Nigeria joined the trend of Architectural Domes does not mean anyone is bundling you to the mosque! At least you agreed that the USA Capitol is a structure of national importance, did America intend to Islamize it's citizens by choosing the design??

Again, the OIC is a platform founded to promote the legitimate interests of Muslims everywhere in the world. This objective is not for injuring the interests of non-Muslims and the Charter of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference is very clear about this. Other african countries with good Christian population are also members but it just so happens that Nigeria is sadly brewing in intolerance. If it's not religion, it's tribe!

You're very wrong to think that Islam = Arabic. No! Islam is a religion but Arabic is only a language, and without it, anyone can very well read the translated Quran and understand (as in cases of non Arabic speaking European Muslim Converts); just like a Christian can praise his lord in Arabic language. Mind you, those inscriptions on naira notes were not for Muslims, but Hausas, of which a good percentage were, and are still christians!

Finally, Boko Harams may be Muslims, just like we have Christian criminals, but Boko Haram is NOT Islam. Take it or leave it
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by AustineE1: 5:16am On Nov 25, 2014
9jaforlife:

Your comment reeks of confusion. It is very clear that you're one of those who readily form their opinion before you listen to what another has to say, hence the reason for your strong bias.

First of all, you have mistaken Al Aqsa Mosque/Mosque of Omar with the Dome of the Rock: even though they are both in Jerusalem, they are NOT the same!

Secondly, you heightened your confusion by saying that the dome in Russia (St Basil's Cathedral) is another religious building. Yes, a CHRISTIAN Religion Building. I hope you understand that no community will erect a cathedral to ISLAMIZE its people. And that's my point exactly.... The fact that Nigeria joined the trend of Architectural Domes does not mean anyone is bundling you to the mosque! At least you agreed that the USA Capitol is a structure of national importance, did America intend to Islamize it's citizens by choosing the design??

Again, the OIC is a platform founded to promote the legitimate interests of Muslims everywhere in the world. This objective is not for injuring the interests of non-Muslims and the Charter of the Organisation of the Islamic Conference is very clear about this. Other african countries with good Christian population are also members but it just so happens that Nigeria is sadly brewing in intolerance. If it's not religion, it's tribe!

You're very wrong to think that Islam = Arabic. No! Islam is a religion but Arabic is only a language, and without it, anyone can very well read the translated Quran and understand (as in cases of non Arabic speaking European Muslim Converts); just like a Christian can praise his lord in Arabic language. Mind you, those inscriptions on naira notes were not for Muslims, but Hausas, of which a good percentage were, and are still christians!

Finally, Boko Harams may be Muslims, just like we have Christian criminals, but Boko Haram is NOT Islam. Take it or leave it

thats my problem with you muslims,the more you try to defend this arrant nonsense the more you expose your deep rooted hatred and usual intolerance for others.i forgot that your Allah can not be worshipped in jewish language,you shld be blaming your MURIC for always raising issues that stand to divide this country rather than unite us and dont forget that the 'denial of our right is an invitatn to fight for it',because MURIC raised this, other national issues regarding religion must be raised...why must sharia be in our constitution and in the same constitutn we talked about upholding the secularity of this nation?why was Islam and muslims mentioned about twenty or more times in the constitution and not a single mention of christianity in the constitutn?why wld a secular nation mention anything grand khadi in our constitutn?
The truth is that muslims by their religion and nature are meant to cook up problems where there is non,if this issues in our constitutn had been in favour of christianity or any other religion,hell wld long had be let loose by muslims.I advice you to keep quiet and meditate over your religion and its oppressive nature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by 9jaforlife: 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2014
AustineE1:

thats my problem with you muslims,the more you try to defend this arrant nonsense the more you expose your deep rooted hatred and usual intolerance for others.i forgot that your Allah can not be worshipped in jewish language,you shld be blaming your MURIC for always raising issues that stand to divide this country rather than unite us and dont forget that the 'denial of our right is an invitatn to fight for it',because MURIC raised this, other national issues regarding religion must be raised...why must sharia be in our constitution and in the same constitutn we talked about upholding the secularity of this nation?why was Islam and muslims mentioned about twenty or more times in the constitution and not a single mention of christianity in the constitutn?why wld a secular nation mention anything grand khadi in our constitutn?
The truth is that muslims by their religion and nature are meant to cook up problems where there is non,if this issues in our constitutn had been in favour of christianity or any other religion,hell wld long had be let loose by muslims.I advice you to keep quiet and meditate over your religion and its oppressive nature.

You will continue to bear this problem as long as you carry this hate around. I will not waste my time addressing that nonsense you posted above, it's very clear that no matter what anyone says, your selfish reasoning has beclouded your sense of judgement and the word objectivity is nowhere in your dictionary.

Need I remind you of the original topic? Someone claimed that Arabic inscriptions on the naira was Islamic and I simply explained that it has NOTHING to do with Islam but to make Hausas (including Hausa Christians) able to read and identify the currency, since Naira was new at that time. I stated clearly at the beginning of my comment that I was NOT against removing the Arabic, since its purpose has been served. My second addition was that the adoption of Architectural Dome is nothing new all over the world, including Christian countries. If it exists Jerusalem, the Christian capital of the world, why should it represent Islam here in Nigeria?

You didn't even know the difference between the Dome of the Rock and Al Aqsa Mosque! Yet you claimed that you're the most informed person alive!! I addressed that point as well as the OIC issue which you raised, but here you are again, doing what you know how to do best, ranting purposelessly!

I can't imagine the weight you carry around with the unnecessary pain you bear because of Islamophobia. The earlier you realize that you're of no use to any Muslim, the earlier you start living your life!
Re: Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note by LeOstrich: 9:20am On Nov 27, 2014
BackDatAssUp:

A caricatured picture of Jonathan kneeling down in Church complete with mocking text is circulated in social media by no other person than a prominent opposition figure. The joke if any was gleefully shared and retwitted among mainly northern Muslims who delighted at El Rufai's vulgar and distasteful attempt at making a joke. The backlash to this were not as the case would have been if it were a Muslim President praying in a mosque but was limited to verbal condemnation only.

Now the issue at hand is that we have had more Muslim presidents and who were exclusively from the north being pictured or televised worshiping in the mosque but no single critism from Christians was ever heard.

[img]http://3.bp..com/_AF229DcNgNI/SrduVYB0dZI/AAAAAAAAAFo/KQzEM9x064E/s320/prayer+2.jpg[/img]

Another disturbing fact is how so many northerners and prominent opposition figures view Jonathan's church going as being sectarian in nature even though past Muslim leaders were free to worship openly for some reason a Christian President kneeling down worshiping in church is seen as sectarian. Even though this administration has not introduced any discriminatory policy or sidelined the Muslim community they still accuse him of being sectarian because he openly practiced his religion freely as enshrined in the constitution.

Speaking of constitutions, Nigeria is the only Nation that operates two sets of laws; the constitution of the Federal Republlc and that of the Islamic legal code, Sharia. If this is not sectarian then I don't know what to call it.

The northern leaders did not consider other minority religions when they enacted Sharia law and the fallout riots that engulfed their region.. Even Boko Haram are fighting to forcefully impose Sharia law over the polity but to them this is not the issue but the fact that President Jonathan knelt down to worship in Church is unbecoming.

Jonathan is also accused of being to open with his religion by going on pilgrimage to Israel. The same thing every single Muslim ex president and Governor, and former government officials like El Rufai are guilty of complete with full government subsidy.

But by far the most annoying thing about Jonathn's govt is that this is the first head of state to have any direct dealing with Isreal.
To the north Isreal is an enemy. Why? Because their Arab lords are currently at war with Isreal. Jonathan's friendship with Isreal is causing a diplomatic row between Nigeria and Arab countries like Saudi Arabi who traditionally relied on our support on the Palestinian cause than with that of the zionists.

According to the Muslim north, a relationship to Isreal is an embarrassment to them as Muslims. Consider this for a second. Saudi Arabia that they desperately want to keep as our friends will not admitt half of our population into their country based on the fact that they are not Muslims. This same Saudi has nothing to offer us or the rest of the world other than oil which we have as well but a nation like Isreal with the highest noble peace prize in all disciplines is to be considered an enemy.

The fact remains that the north for all her accusations on Jonathan being sectarian reminds me of the proverb of picking specks from another man's eyes when one has a log firmly wedged in his.

Hypocrites.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo. / ORTOMATIC: Profile Of Benue Governor-elect, Samuel Ortom / Youngest Minister Makes Buhari's Ministerial List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.