Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,789 members, 7,862,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:54 PM

Nigeria, Her Neighbours, Her People And Insurgency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Her Neighbours, Her People And Insurgency (606 Views)

Militancy And Insurgency In Nigeria: A Geological Approach- By Niyogeol / If Woman Becomes President Or Governor In Nigeria, Her Husband Will Be What??? / Poverty Disease In Relation To Nigeria & Her People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Her Neighbours, Her People And Insurgency by Nobody: 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2014
The recent development of the involvement of the Chadian government in the 5year-old crisis in the northeast is a clarion call to our country on the nature of trust we have for our neighbours.

Our government has been fighting insurgency since 2009 without a clear way of defeating these people. We have used different approaches in dismantling this stumbling block but to no avail. We've asked different questions and we have also pointed accusing fingers back and forth but nothing substantial has come up.

The Special Adviser to the Chadian president was caught in the weekend with armoury that was to be transported to the boko haram camp. This has raised heavy suspicion of the involvement of the Chadian government in this crisis.

Recently, we brokered a cease-fire with the sect. Nigerians were happy with the fact that we have come to the end of this crisis but to find out to our greatest chagrin that the whole "cease-fire" move was mere scam.

We failed to ask why did the cease-fire move fail?
What did the people involved do to make it work?
Who were the people involved in this ceasefire?

These questions and many more we failed to ask ourselves because it was apparent that our military was winning the war. Killing and arresting them in hundreds! I ask again, why did we go for cease-fire when we could've torn them apart without much ado?

This goes to show the presence of a conspirator in the whole process, whether inside or outside.

A former military dictator said "if insurgency takes more than three days, someone in the government is funding it"

Could this be true?

When I first read the news of this new development, I read up about the government of Chad and all its associates. I also read that governor Alimodu Sherrif's mother is a Chadian. I read how the present president of Chad got into government. I read he was an alumnus of Gadaffi's war academy. He was also a friend to Gadaffi. I read about his "warcapades" in the late 70's and 80's. I read how he deceived his boss and gathered a "salvation army" to march against his boss.

These findings left me with so many questions.

How can Nigeria trust an in-born betrayer?
How can Nigeria trust a governor who boasted that we can't defeat boko haram?
How can we trust a governor who's border leaks more than the basket?
Did we do any background check on these people before entrusting them with such a delicate issue?
What is our priority as a country?

Let's see the geographical location of Nigeria in relation to its neighbours. Nigeria is sitting between francophone countries i.e Niger, Chad and Cameroun. You all know that these countries can barely feed their citizens and need more resources to live. The camerouns won the bakassi peninsula from us using their greatest weapon "the french". Now the Chadian President, who in recent times is the highest spender on military per GDP is using the infamous guerrilla war-fare against us to gain access to the Chad-basin.

Are we that clueless?

We don't have neighbours to help us to say the least, we have to treat them the way they've treated us. We need to investigate this matter more. This is an attack to the sovereign nation called Nigeria and we have to retaliate like Israel did to Gaza. Match them man for man, power for power, weapon for weapon. The northerners now know who their friends are and who their enemies are.

These Chadians are roaming in our country, forming cobblers and gatemen!

We are not safe in this country!

We need to take a decisive step against these neighbours.
We need to de-value their worth now and keep stepping on them.
We need to close our borders.
We need to investigate any recent communication between our people with any person the Chadian government.
We need to keep tabs on their policies.
We need military intelligence in Chad.

There are so many loopholes to cover, we need to leave political differences and fight terrorism out of this country.

No one will help us, except Nigerians.

The Concerned,
Nigerian

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Her Neighbours, Her People And Insurgency by sucreblazing(m): 12:13pm On Nov 24, 2014
nice and straight to the point article .....wish our leaders can read and learn from this instead Na stupid 5000man committee them go dey set up to investigate not existing problem

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Her Neighbours, Her People And Insurgency by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 24, 2014
sucreblazing:
nice and straight to the point article .....which our leaders can read and learn from this instead Na stupid 5000man committee them go dey set up to investigate not existing problem

They're busy fighting for power, when our country suffering in different fronts!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Her Neighbours, Her People And Insurgency by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2014
Frontpage please.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

335 ICPC Officials Trained To Handle Weapons / Inec Ad Hoc Staff / Former Governor Orji Kalu And His Senatorial Ambition Mirage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.