Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,229 members, 7,822,188 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! (877 Views)

Come And Meet The Gurus / All The Gurus In Nl, Like Honsule And Co Should Pls Help. Gtunnel Has Failed 2detect Server Wit Zana / Help Fron The Gurus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by talktofemi: 9:07am On Nov 28, 2008
I need ya help!!!!!!!!!!1 I recently flash my acer laptop BIOS but it doesnt complete and since that time the system power ON but nothing display on the screen that is the system does not post . CAN anyone assist about the repair cos i learnt the computer has to be flash again Or SENT back to acer for the repair
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by UNLEASHED(m): 11:56am On Nov 28, 2008
The Gurus only are coming right there to solve your problem.
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by talktofemi: 12:27pm On Nov 28, 2008
@unleashed
Not only the gurus. Any capable of helping or referring.
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by UNLEASHED(m): 2:51pm On Nov 28, 2008
Lol I'm only joking man, contact "The one from hell", Dual Core, maybe uspry1 and others, I believe they'll help, wish you luck man!
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by ExInferis(m): 5:20pm On Nov 28, 2008
talktofemi:

I need ya help!!!!!!!!!!1 I recently flash my acer laptop BIOS but it doesnt complete and since that time the system power ON but nothing display on the screen that is the system does not post . CAN anyone assist about the repair because i learnt the computer has to be flash again Or SENT back to acer for the repair

POST=Power On Self Test.

that kicks in from the BIOS, so absence implies problem with BIOS. most often its just electrostatic electricity buildup from some connections earthing. check nothing is touching what its not supposed to touch.
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by dayooye(m): 5:26pm On Nov 28, 2008
aw did you flash the bios? booted it from a cd or you flashed it in windows?
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by talktofemi: 8:49am On Dec 01, 2008
@dayooye
i flash it from windows.

@Ex Inferis
Thanks man. i think it is more than that. what other suggestion can u help me about? or any repair shop in LAg or port
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by sojioguns(m): 11:03am On Dec 01, 2008
Hmmm, I am afraid you will have to change the BIOS chip (if possible) because most new systems come with the chip soldered to the main board.
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by talktofemi: 1:51pm On Dec 01, 2008
@sojioguns/
where can it be done? most especially in Lag. no other solution?
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by sojioguns(m): 2:52pm On Dec 01, 2008
Check Deyo computers, opposite Awolowo house in Ikeja.
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by talktofemi: 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2008
@sojioguns
thnks. but have u contacted them or know them well cos am coming from a far place not in lag. Can u get me another just in case. u ve been helpful.
Re: For The Gurus Only- Help Needed! by sojioguns(m): 12:06am On Dec 02, 2008
To be honest with you, I have had an issue with one laptop before and when i took it to them, the motherboard was fried and the cost to buy and ship another board wouldn't have made so much sense (It was an AMD Athlon 64). I eventually traded it in and got another laptop. I am only recommending them based on personal experience. I cannot recommend any other.

(1) (Reply)

Zain Broadband Modem For N5000 / The Letest And The Best Bundle Tariff From Mtn, Now No Needs To Go To The Cafe / Vista Home Premium Key Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.