Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 (32497 Views)

My Encounter With Captain Buhari / Armed Robbers At Alaba International Market / SSS Arrests Customs Comptroller Over Arms Deal With Robbers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by jahbiz: 12:36am On Nov 27, 2014
hardbody:

They have tried this on me at least twice but I have always instinctively hit at the hand and my phones dropped back in the car. The last time was so funny. Having learnt their tricks, I noticed the guy reviewing my car and signalled to his cohort to distract me. At d same time I moved my phones to a compartment just above the pedal areas. The decoy guy came to my side and started speaking gibberish as usual while his counterpart was gripping for the phones he so certainly saw in less than a minute ago. I knew the game well, so I reached out for my jack knife flipped it and as the guy was bringing his head up and out because he actually leaned into my car, I struck and the knife grazed him. He just shouted and disappeared. I wound up and carried on as if nothing happened. These days I drive with my short gun and this Hausa sword that looks like a walking stick. I am a late night crawler. As I type I just left my office to my drinking pad while waiting for traffic to thin out before I head out to my mainland abode. I work around VI and hang out at Oniru most nights. God punish their papa.
As a Fed Security Agent, I will need you in our office to answer some questions. Lol. U must be a German!!! U know what I min.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Legit: 12:37am On Nov 27, 2014
jjwaterfalls:
One of d reasons why I hav always bin scared of relocating to lagos. sad
Wetin, thief no dey where you live. Thief dey everywhere jo. Make u no make lagos b the only place where husler dey. Go to NY husler dey, go to S. Afr. hustler dey, go to India hustler dey. If no be all the Ibo ppl full for Lagos, mayb Lagos would have been less fraud, robbers and thiefry. Fashola, please send them back. Ibo will kill their mother for money.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Legit: 3:23am On Nov 27, 2014
White007:

Why do you have to go this lane?

Common sense you no get.
Bcus na tru, I know truth hurt, deal with it. Lagos was safe and peaceful, I remember marina at night, until all these Ibo ppl came with their criminality, make money or die trying mentality. I know say no be only Ibos are criminal, but thry worst pass others. They give 9ja bad name everyone, one was just sent to death in Malaysia recently. Shio, make u go back to Biafra jo.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by emmabest2000(m): 5:07am On Nov 27, 2014
datguru:
And you call this your encounter? Listen let me share briefly, an experience with aro baggers in RSUST ( rivers state university of science and technology)

On a cool evening after lectures, I followed the back gate with my friends and we were going towards azikiwe. Just before the gate, we saw a nigga sitting in the field and we all knew he is a nigga because odin is working in him.

Nigga: aboy ! Aboy!! Aboy!!!

We all kept silent as if we didn't hear

Nigga: wey you! Aboy!!!

We then decided to stop to avoid problem.

Nigga: three of una make una come, infact make only that middle guy come ( that's me)

I was a fresher and the other guys were in year 3 so I think he had a target.

Nigga: na you abi, so na you!!

I was shivering and wondering what he meant.

Me: senior boy wetin I do now, I just follow my friends dey come back from lecture.

Nigga: shut up! I dey talk you dey talk, you want make I start to dey cut you? So na you! You follow for one of those guys wey fall our man for mile 2, no worry, you go join am today.

I was shivering very bad and my heart was pounding heavily to the extent I was stammering.

Me: senior boy no be me oo, I just come new for this place. Abeg no be me.

Nigga: you say wetin? Your own don be! No worry, you go see, shey na you be their chief strike! Na me personally go comot your eye. Na you ! You think say I no go recognise you ?

I almost pee on my clothes, then he dragged me down to where some other niggas were sitting, by this time my friends have took to their heels.

Nigga: Aro, see the manchin here! ( Talking to the other guys)

Aro: aboy wida, who goes!

I was quite, I just felt like the ground should open and swallow me. Then he comes close to me.

Aro: wetin you hold there?

Me: na just my phone and wallet

He comes closer and collects them after searching me thoroughly.

Aro: start from here dey run dey go, make you no look back. If you mumu, we go just waste you here. *slaps my head* oya dey run.

Me: I took to my heels and ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

Even as I'm typing this thing, I'm still shivering. No be small thing that day
one word ! COWARDICE tongue

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by hardbody: 5:39am On Nov 27, 2014
jahbiz:
As a Fed Security Agent, I will need you in our office to answer some questions. Lol. U must be a German!!! U know what I min.

Officer please send a van down. I wanna come in style. LOL
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by yomalex(m): 5:45am On Nov 27, 2014
englishmart:
Hahahahaha. Lagos. Chai.

If this happens in France, I will be disappointed
Happens at the airport
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by hardbody: 5:50am On Nov 27, 2014
Meanwhile here in Lagos me and my niqqas rob the robbers. Who am I?

Police stopped me not quite 5 minutes ago in front of adekunle police station. I told my driver to drive on. They quickly caught up with us at the traffic light and i wound down and asked him what his issues were he said he was stopping us. I asked him whether my car looked like lagos taxi. I then added that i will put a call to their former DPO and report him. I mentioned both the DPO and the policeman by name. I shut the door and told my driver to move. I love Lagos. The only town wey omo ibo like me fit claim omonile.

Only magas get chopped.....by us.

3 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by adeom141(m): 6:28am On Nov 27, 2014
datguru:
And you call this your encounter? Listen let me share briefly, an experience with aro baggers in RSUST ( rivers state university of science and technology)

On a cool evening after lectures, I followed the back gate with my friends and we were going towards azikiwe. Just before the gate, we saw a nigga sitting in the field and we all knew he is a nigga because odin is working in him.

Nigga: three of una make una come, infact make only that middle guy come ( that's me)

Me: senior boy wetin I do now, I just follow my friends dey come back from lecture.

Nigga: shut up! I dey talk you dey talk, you want make I start to dey cut you? So na you! You follow for one of those guys wey fall our man for mile 2, no worry, you go join am today.

I was shivering very bad and my heart was pounding heavily to the extent I was stammering.

Nigga: you say wetin? Your own don be! No worry, you go see, shey na you be their chief strike! Na me personally go comot your eye. Na you ! You think say I no go recognise you ?

I almost pee on my clothes, then he dragged me down to where some other niggas were sitting, by this time my friends have took to their heels.

I was quite, I just felt like the ground should open and swallow me. Then he comes close to me.

Aro: start from here dey run dey go, make you no look back. If you mumu, we go just waste you here. *slaps my head* oya dey run.

bros after them. obtain you come join cause how you take know Odin and d rest .....aro die DAT story

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by rapthugx(m): 6:50am On Nov 27, 2014
This should be an eye opener for everybody. You don't need to be in Lagos to know that operating your phone while sitting close to the window in d traffic is v risky. There are some basic security tips one shld be observing as long as u r in Nigeria. Till tomorrow I still dey check my 'device' if some stranger touch me anyhow for public. Naija e too sweet. grin

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by domido(m): 7:03am On Nov 27, 2014
hardbody:

They have tried this on me at least twice but I have always instinctively hit at the hand and my phones dropped back in the car. The last time was so funny. Having learnt their tricks, I noticed the guy reviewing my car and signalled to his cohort to distract me. At d same time I moved my phones to a compartment just above the pedal areas. The decoy guy came to my side and started speaking gibberish as usual while his counterpart was gripping for the phones he so certainly saw in less than a minute ago. I knew the game well, so I reached out for my jack knife flipped it and as the guy was bringing his head up and out because he actually leaned into my car, I struck and the knife grazed him. He just shouted and disappeared. I wound up and carried on as if nothing happened. These days I drive with my short gun and this Hausa sword that looks like a walking stick. I am a late night crawler. As I type I just left my office to my drinking pad while waiting for traffic to thin out before I head out to my mainland abode. I work around VI and hang out at Oniru most nights. God punish their papa.
hahahaha.... Na so. God punish their fada.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by expensive007(m): 7:56am On Nov 27, 2014
prince3009:

Me too. You can walk on the streets of Abuja with an iPhone 6 by 12 midnight and feel safe. #TeamAbuja
says who? It's seems u've not had an encounter with armed robbers in Abuja. Robbers are everywhere, there mode of operations vary. So, shine ur eyes, ur heart & ur mind. My advice to everyone is to be very careful as the festive approaches.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Pearl321(f): 8:00am On Nov 27, 2014
So, all my life, I'v never crossed Niger Bridge. Finally from my quiet Mbaise village, i saw myself in lagos. That was 2010. As I droped at Ojuelegba or whateva its called, men and boys rushed for my bags, in a short while, my 3 bags became 2 left. Fastforward to d nxt day in Alaba, my friend took me, we lost each oda and i missed road, i didnt hav a phone and i didnt knw where my friends street. I lost, lost and lost till i couldnt lost anymore, spent 2k on bike. I ended up stoping at d very spot where a different bike carried me...the cycle just continued and i dnt wanna rememba hw dt day ended but i saw my friend 8pm. Lfet lagos the next 3 days and i think am done wt lagos, back to my vllage where life is easy.

6 Likes

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Revolva(m): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2014
Haha mile 2 na home of armed robbers na...no be new thing..na ..abi u never see when dem dey wash person for broad day light..korokoro

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by poweredcom(m): 8:20am On Nov 27, 2014
In lagos ma lo nogere....oo no gurk ur self ...hahah shine ur eyez
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Samary(m): 8:22am On Nov 27, 2014
My own experience was also at Mile 2 on the bridge. Around 8:30pm, some group of boys just started pounding on my car glass to wind down or they will break my glass. I finally winded down and they asked for my phone, I gave them after they allowed me removed my sim, still not satisfy they asked me to give them the money I have on me, As a Lagos guy, if I carry big money for hand, I dey seperate am from the small change. I dipped my hand and gave them the change.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by DaGC(m): 8:49am On Nov 27, 2014
Funny that people are making so much fuss about her bringing the phone out in public.

For Waff city, phone dey pocket or bag for bus, taxi or keke and them go steal am. You go just come down, try pay your TP...na then you go come know say the original owners don collect their property.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by uzozzi: 10:08am On Nov 27, 2014
Na wah o! And I have plans of moving 2 lag by nx yr. I hate dat city with a passion. I wish say hubby go gree make I stay 4my peaceful ph city. Madam S5 sori o! Welcum 2 lagos...no man's land.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by chukxie(m): 10:21am On Nov 27, 2014
pablus:
glad nobody was physically hurt. what is "pressing phone"?

Good question?
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Redstone(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

Share your own Mile 2 experience.

By now someone would have bought the stolen phone from these guys.

Please guys when next you buy a smart phone, tablets or computer, try and visit www.fortereg.com to register it. It is free. If she had done this, she might still be able to recover the phone.

Wise up and sign up.
Team ForteReg
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by KLand(m): 10:47am On Nov 27, 2014
dew1:
And your topic made it seem like you were robbed...

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 27, 2014
100Cents:

I think say nah Boko haram rob the guy commando style..

Op will make a good journalist with catchy headlines and empty stories..
w*A*K*A
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 27, 2014
Legit:
Bcus na tru, I know truth hurt, deal with it. Lagos was safe and peaceful, I remember marina at night, until all these Ibo ppl came with their criminality, make money or die trying mentality. I know say no be only Ibos are criminal, but thry worst pass others. They give 9ja bad name everyone, one was just sent to death in Malaysia recently. Shio, make u go back to Biafra jo.
ya father there!!
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
hardbody:

Bravo moves!
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by afrikanns: 1:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
pls send the pictures or the video coverage,I want to see the horrible scenario.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by yogun(f): 2:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
philipstweets:
Good evening pals, just got back from work and i want to share my story with you. I also need your contribution and experiences.

I work at Festac but i live at Apapa. I boarded a Mile 2 bus at Festac. When I got to mile2 bustop by 7:30pm, I boarded a danfo bus (LT35) to Apapa. The bus has five rows and i was at the middle. As we left mile2, there was traffic immediately after the bridge.

While pressing my phone, the girl at the extreme back near the window who was pressing her phone shouted "JESUS!!!!" We all looked back thinking that the truck behind us was about to hit us.

However,what we saw was a young guy in all black attire and a face cap trying to pick up something from the floor outside.

Suddenly, the conductor started shouting "Ole! Ole!! Ole!!!" (thief thief thief)

Before the conductor could even get down from the bus, the guy took to his heels. He ran into the other side of the road and we didnt see him again.....That was when we realized that he had stolen the Samsung S5 belonging to the girl sitting near the window..

And that was it, the phone was gone just like that. I was in shock till i got home.

Share your own Mile 2 experience.

I grew up in this area and still live there. Common safety conscience shld tell u not to be careless ur mobile phone inside a commercial vehicle
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by yogun(f): 2:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
voltron:
This is very common in Lagos.. Ojuelegba, Oshodi, Osborne road ikoyi, Maryland.. they work as a team even with Police presence

Ose ooo. Maryland, ojota, ketu, sango, iyana ipaja etc r not left out. Be security conscious... Be wise...

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by MrAboki: 2:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
datguru:

Hahahahahaa.. grin

Na for Front Gate wey I jam my own.. The guy sef na Dey Bam boy. We all just close from school (I.S.S) so we dey one open space near the gate dey play ball. Na so one guy wey dress up well with like 2 other guys just anchor for one corner dey observe us. Me I be SS1 boy that year. Na so we play ball sotey e enter where those guys dem perm. As I waka to go pick the ball o, na there the matter come start;

Niggas:: Aboy dere!! Dey Bam!

**I look at them, turn away, pick up the ball and start to walk back to the game**

Niggas:: (Shouting louder) Aboy!!! I say Dey Bam!

Me: Na who you dey follow talk?! angry

** Turns and goes back to the game.. BALL ON**

Somebody again kicks the ball in their direction. This time another class mate goes to get it. From where we stood, we could see the classmate talking to the guys. He looked scared.. So me as an Abok! wey I be, I ran towards them.

Me: (To my Friend) Guy, Why you dey waste time na?

Nigga: Aboy jazz down there. (Sit on the ground).

Me: For wetin na?

Niggas: I say Jazz down there..

Me: Who una be sef?

Niggas: Aboy! Dey Bam.. Rugged awal.. (started talking some funny sounding bullshit)

Me: Ehen?! So why I go jazz?

Nigga: I go fall you here o!!

**So I turn and beckon my other friends over.. **

Me:: Una dey 3.. We pass 20.. YA PAPA!! angry Oya!! Make una 3 jazz down.. angry

**Pick up a big tree branch & starts flogging all 3 guys .. ** angry

We siezed their wallets, belts and shoes.. grin .. No phones at that time.. Those guys were fund of coming to obtain guys in school. Needless to say after that day, I never stayed late in school such that I left school without a crowd present. I also carried a switch blade with me until I graduated from that school. grin

RSUST was GANGSTA sha!! But UST back gate was a no go zone for me.. Except to go visit my Babe that year. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by johnnyb1(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2014
Well u guys alive to tell us the tales of your experience. It appears that Mile 2 bridge in Lagos is known for Robberies. this is about 12 years ago.

I last saw my father alive thanks to those hoodlums who took him away in his jeep and pushed him off the jeep@ OSHODI OKE. He died as a result of injuries got. Thing is these hoodlums wore army uniforms.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by faragai24: 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
Lagos!! Chei! Nawa o!
My experience was in the aeroplane to Lagos when a gentleman before I named him thief sitting by my side tried to stole my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 inside my pocket, I caught him red handed and intended shouting but refused due to the fact that people might be panic and assumed the situation as someone trying to detonate explosives, I looked at him and asked why? He told me it was mistake and begged me not attract people's attention since then I trust only few in Lagos Seun is among them.
Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by Edigrows: 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2014
my experience was at Ojo road, Suru alaba, Hmm!!! i dey insyd Keke napepe, sitting by the extreme left, next thing the unbelievable Happened!
Two guys came from a bike, one was driving, d 2nd at d back with force hijacked my nokia E51... dey increase speed and drove forward off aand disappeared,...
I didn't know how to scream, I said driver, abeg, Help me chase doz guys, dey just snatched my fone!!!, d Keke driver was Like, HUH? Wetin U talk?
d yeye driver didnt event notice wat happened all dat while... I felt like killing him angry

1 Like

Re: My Encounter With Robbers At Mile2 by lozanni(m): 6:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
My Mile 2 experience happened at Otto Wharf, just after the Julius Berger Compound.
At about 6pm on that day, one rough looking guy just emerged from the bush beside the PHCN sub-station wielding a big UTC knife !!!
Omo, if you see this guy, you go fear fear. The guy was over six feet six inches tall, black as mid-night with gruesome healed scars all over his torso, as he was shirtless.
The guy was just going from car to car breaking side-mirrors and glasses and collecting money and phones from the occupants of the cars.
I was in my car, an Audi 80, then and was bringing out the change in my pockets, after hiding my phone, as there was,no chance to run because the thief caught everyone by surprise. When the bad guy got to me, I looked into his glazed eyes and knew the drugs he had taken, was really working on him.
As I streched out my right hand to give him money, he broke into a smile, turned around and walked back into the bush he came out from.
I felt lucky that my car was not damaged and that I was not dis-possesed of my cash. I was much younger then and I guess the bad guy must have thought to himself: "how much really can I get from this young guy?".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'NNPC Gave John Momoh, Channels TV N19 Billion To Promote Buhari' - Leadersng / North Ready For Nigeria’s Breakup–junaid Mohammed / AIT Replies Tinubu, Demands N100bn Damage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.