Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,083 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (145) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (745163 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SomBaby(f): 11:09am On Mar 14, 2015
Eruditor:

5. There were 3 solutions to the aforementioned problems. a) PSC b) Concessionaire Arrangement c) joint entity. B and C are beyond what is being discussed, so I would talk about only A.

6. PSC is a variant of the JV and it was introduced from 1991 FOR ALL NEW ACREAGES. The major disparity between it and a JV is that in the latter, FG takes 60% of the risk and expenses but in a PSC FG only comes in after the exploration exercise.

7. This implies that all the risks and expenses are shouldered by the MNC until commercial quantities of crude are discovered then FG signs a PSC with the MNC. Now you can see why that talk of 60:40 in ALL E and P activities is vacuous and false. No sensible company will give FG 60% in a PSC for example knowing that FG shouldered a lesser risk. On the flipside, no responsible FG will demand 60% in such an agreement as it would scare off investors.

8. Crude from a PSC are divided into 3 ways: i) cost oil ii) tax oil iii) profit oil.

i) is the cost the company incurred while prospecting and producing. FG lets them make their investment back.
ii) is the fraction from which the MNCs pay their taxes and royalties.
iii) is now the profit aspect of the crude and this is where FG can get a chunk, say 60% of the value.

Cummulatively, one can see that the OVERALL FGs stake cannot be 60%. Also, take note that not all MNCs or indigenous companies use a JV with NNPC. So it is very fallacious for anyone to claim that FG gets 60% of all crude produced.
hmmm...surely nnpc doesn't deserve U coz U re not only d guy after my heart...u re also special...keep it up...smiles...

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SomBaby(f): 11:17am On Mar 14, 2015
Eruditor:
SomBaby, I am the who clicked 'Like' under your post.
gush!...am blushing...lol

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 11:35am On Mar 14, 2015
This thread is turning into a season film, while some are arguing, some are expectant, some are viewing from the sideline, some are falling in love... Hmmm... I think I am more interested in the romance episode.... I must see the outcome grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Switlife: 12:08pm On Mar 14, 2015
*silently feasting on information*
ok bye
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 12:17pm On Mar 14, 2015
I like it when people engage in intellectual discuss for the purpose of learning or impacting knowledge. However, I find it disdainful if people see such a platform as an avenue to show an order of superiority in vocabulary. I believe such people should do well to express their vocabulary expertise in literary works rather than on fellow forum members and trust me, it's a lucrative business.
Furthermore, I'm sure it has been made clear by NNPC that they have F joint venture partners and hyson and duke are definitely not amongst the six. However, hyson and duke oil are listed as subsidiaries. Having said that, I would like to state, the fact that they are subsidiaries doesn't mean they are owned by NNPC or that NNPC is their parent company. However, been a subsidiary puts them under the control of NNPC.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 12:23pm On Mar 14, 2015
I like it when people engage in intellectual discuss for the purpose of learning or impacting knowledge. However, I find it disdainful if people see such a platform as an avenue to show an order of superiority in vocabulary. I believe such people should do well to express their vocabulary expertise in literary works rather than on fellow forum members and trust me, it's a lucrative business.
Furthermore, I'm sure it has been made clear by NNPC that they have 6 joint venture partners and hyson and duke are definitely not amongst the six. However, hyson and duke oil are listed as subsidiaries. Having said that, I would like to state, the fact that they are subsidiaries doesn't mean they are owned by NNPC or that NNPC is their parent company. However, been a subsidiary puts them under the control of NNPC.
Also, NNPC joint venture partnerships doesn't have a written rule that NNPC stake has to be 60%. It varies based on contractual terms with NNPC been the majority stake holder usually in a range above 50%.
Therefore people of God, for the sake of those that will be invited for interviews because anything can change between now and when they decide to continue with the process, let us stick to the information given by NNPC on their website. Doing otherwise won't make you smarter trust me.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SomBaby(f): 12:33pm On Mar 14, 2015
dapsy06:
Furthermore, I'm sure it has been made clear by NNPC that they have F joint venture partners and hyson and duke are definitely not amongst the six. However, hyson and duke oil are listed as subsidiaries. Having said that, I would like to state, the fact that they are subsidiaries doesn't mean they are owned by NNPC or that NNPC is their parent company. However, been a subsidiary puts them under the control of NNPC.
yeah...well said...it all depends on how one view things...if for instance U let sbd feel superior...it implies U allowed itself to feel inferior...coz me anybody is free to air his or her view and also agree or disagree wit ppl's views.d way d person chooses to do it too I believe is also allowed...his or her diction is also welcome.

nobody can sit on my back unless I bend it.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2015
SomBaby:
yeah...well said...it all depends on how one view things...if for instance U let sbd feel superior...it implies U allowed itself to feel inferior...coz me anybody is free to air his or her view and also agree or disagree wit ppl's views.d way d person chooses to do it too I believe is also allowed...his or her diction is also welcome.

nobody can sit on my back unless I bend it.

Point seen.... However, knowing that astute diction expression doesn't make anyone exceptional at least not to me but a very high level of accuracy based on facts and figures does. Maybe because of my background.... well that's my opinion.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by uyosolo: 12:48pm On Mar 14, 2015
*watchin dis thread in HD* Nd pls dis is nt d time for romance or fallin in luv...cos i wonda weda all dis grammer wud put food on ur table,i cnt even find most words in my ordinary oxford dictionary...*hisses in dobly digital*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Badema: 1:00pm On Mar 14, 2015
I guess even if NNPC sees itself as having 'Hyson' as a subsidiary, on the other hand, Hyson sees NNPC as a partner.

I believe we should move on to other topics that would be more beneficial rather than being argumentative.

Let's try to discuss functionalities, organograms, present-day scenarios that may likely come up in an interview, group discussions or even presentations.

Eruditor, Sombaby I put u guys on d lead here!

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 1:01pm On Mar 14, 2015
Why the emphasis on grammar and diction. Isn't it obvious that it is his style of writing? Do you think he writes to impress you? Hell no, that guy writes that way, perhaps you should investigate his posts on other threads to confirm for yourselves.

A lot of you feel intimidated already. Believe it or not he is damn intelligent, his quality of posts and analysis is second to none. If I were you, I would tap into his wealth of knowledge and do further research.

Enough of this you speak big grammar and sound that to appear intelligent bullshit.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 1:16pm On Mar 14, 2015
SomBaby:
hmmm...surely nnpc doesn't deserve U coz U re not only d guy after my heart...u re also special...keep it up...smiles...

kiss
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by prelinctus: 1:22pm On Mar 14, 2015
@dapsy06, you could've simply modified the first thing you wrote instead of writing it twice and adding more words.
@uglys, I'm wondering why the ladies are the ones defending him. Inferior much?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 1:24pm On Mar 14, 2015
UGLYS:
Why the emphasis on grammar and diction. Isn't it obvious that it is his style of writing? Do you think he writes to impress you? Hell no, that guy writes that way, perhaps you should investigate his posts on other threads to confirm for yourselves.

A lot of you feel intimidated already. Believe it or not he is damn intelligent, his quality of posts and analysis is second to none. If I were you, I would tap into his wealth of knowledge and do further research.

Enough of this you speak big grammar and sound that to appear intelligent bullshit.

I think a more direct critique will give room for a better correspondence.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 1:38pm On Mar 14, 2015
UGLYS:
Why the emphasis on grammar and diction.
The emphasis kept the thread alive

A lot of you feel intimidated already.
Ehmm... who are they, I beg I need their monicker, let me lecture them

Let them speak their mind o... Else the thread turns to grave yard
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2015
dapsy06:

I think a more direct critique will give room for a better correspondence.

My audience will get the message. If you are one of them, you already got the message.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 1:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
prelinctus:
@dapsy06, you could've simply modified the first thing you wrote instead of writing it twice and adding more words.
@uglys, I'm wondering why the ladies are the ones defending him. Inferior much?

Ladies? Sombaby aint no ladies or you think uglys is a lady?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 1:57pm On Mar 14, 2015
Eruditor:

kiss

I foresee a happy ending. It always does
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 2:04pm On Mar 14, 2015
UGLYS:

My audience will get the message. If you are one of them, you already got the message.

Now that you sounded a bit more direct, I think you either don't understand the meaning of communication in language or you simply like jabbering. If the former happens to be your case then you had better gone back to school 'cos the labour force is looking for people with good communication skills which I believe you should have learnt in school; uni, poly or whatever you attended.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 2:09pm On Mar 14, 2015
Any engineer(s) in the house? let's have some more meaningful chat. I'd appreciate that. Thanks peeps.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rekeson: 2:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
If only big grammar or unnecessary rants can qualify one 4 NNPC job.......

Some are already basking in the adulation of their numerous fans, instead of focusing all their energy on getting d job.

SMH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 2:39pm On Mar 14, 2015
dapsy06:

Now that you sounded a bit more direct, I think you either don't understand the meaning of communication in language or you simply like jabbering. If the former happens to be your case then you had better gone back to school 'cos the labour force is looking for people with good communication skills which I believe you should have learnt in school; uni, poly or whatever you attended.

Good communication skill requires good listening skill. You listened to my earlier post but not good enough. You wanted me to come direct and mention you, I don't do such except you deserve it.
So I was never direct when I said "if you are one of them, you already got the message". Pay attention to the conditional word "if". With you unwarranted rebuttal, you are definitely one of them.
Dude, I will take ya advice and go back to school, buh am going to get what will make you marvel each time I get promoted but you dont get it.

Talking about communication skills, you should be awed by how I was able to communicate with you without mentioning you. It goes to say I have excellent communication skill.
I will advise you quit your attack on me or regret ever doing so. Don't unleash the other me.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 3:02pm On Mar 14, 2015
UGLYS:

Good communication skill requires good listening skill. You listened to my earlier post but not good enough. You wanted me to come direct and mention you, I don't do such except you deserve it.
So I was never direct when I said "if you are one of them, you already got the message". Pay attention to the conditional word "if". With you unwarranted rebuttal, you are definitely one of them.
Dude, I will take ya advice and go back to school, buh am going to get what will make you marvel each time I get promoted but you dont get it.

Talking about communication skills, you should be awed by how I was able to communicate with you without mentioning you. It goes to say I have excellent communication skill.
I will advise you quit your attack on me or regret ever doing so. Don't unleash the other me.

An attribute of smart people is being able to read between the lines and if after reading the first line of my msg to you in my previous post, you still think you have a good communication skill then you probably are suffering from acute dementia. Never you ever direct your unscrupulous statement at me 'cos I don't take prisoners. I will give it back to you in equal measure or even more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by softrise: 3:21pm On Mar 14, 2015
dapsy06:
Any engineer(s) in the house? let's have some more meaningful chat. I'd appreciate that. Thanks peeps.
yeah, there are engineers in the house. Lets begin the chat, take ur position.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by UGLYS: 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2015
dapsy06:

An attribute of smart people is being able to read between the lines and if after reading the first line of my msg to you in my previous post, you still think you have a good communication skill then you probably are suffering from acute dementia. Never you ever direct your unscrupulous statement at me 'cos I don't take prisoners. I will give it back to you in equal measure or even more.

You are a PHILISTINE. Look it up boy, don't settle for the biblical one.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
UGLYS:

smiley I really don't have interest in throwing tantrums with a dogmatic-cum-pathetic ignoramus in the nature of you. Of what benefit will it be for me to engage in such with someone with a appallingly low level of intelligence quotient.
@ softrise, let's go there jor.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 3:49pm On Mar 14, 2015
UGLYS:

smiley I really don't have interest in throwing tantrums with a dogmatic-cum-pathetic ignoramus in the nature of you. Of what benefit will it be for me to engage in such with someone with an appallingly low level of intelligence quotient.
@ softrise, let's go there jor.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dapsy06: 3:53pm On Mar 14, 2015
softrise:
yeah, there are engineers in the house. Lets begin the chat, take ur position.

What's your engineering discipline?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by softrise: 4:12pm On Mar 14, 2015
Eruditor:

kiss
@Eruditor, please in which of the NNPC subsidiaries do you think that someone who studied mechanical engineering can fit in??
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by softrise: 4:19pm On Mar 14, 2015
dapsy06:

What's your engineering discipline?

mechanical engineering, so in which if the NNPC Subsidiaries do you think i can fit in?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 4:30pm On Mar 14, 2015
softrise:
@Eruditor, please in which of the NNPC subsidiaries do you think that someone who studied mechanical engineering can fit in??

NPDC. But you'd still fit into virtually every other subsidiary.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by KINGTELLER: 4:32pm On Mar 14, 2015
@Softrise.....You can fit in NETCO, any of the refineries or NPDC, NGC. Are you applying as OP or ET

(1) (2) (3) ... (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.