Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 - Jobs/Vacancies (190) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 (742128 Views)

Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 / Schlumberger/mi Swaco Aptitude Test On 6/6/2014. Let's Meet Here! / Nnpc Aptitude And Knowledge Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (195) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
usqoh:

Dont mind the guy. Just stay calm and wait till the worldwide oil crises improve.

I will give you a hundred and eighty thousand naira monthly for one year, if this 2012 recruitment goes ahead. My word is my bond. Regarding oil crisis, I guess you are referring to the price. Provided Iran enters the market with its 1.5MMBD, the price will plummet, varying between circa $23/B -$30/B.

Provided USA continues stealing oil from Iraq, Syria and getting royalties (crude oil) from Kuwait, with current Iran sanctions lifted, 2016 will be a difficult year for the oil industry. The psuedo-belief that shale gas E&P activities is lucrative is rubbish as the above supplements from Iraq, Syria and Kuwait is offsetting their cost in shale gas adventure. Story for another day.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 7:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 7:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
@postulates

You sound informed and you write well so I am guessing you have a good head on your shoulders plus you get your "gist" from people who work within the sector. Ofcourse, like everything on earth your assertions aren't error-proof but we appreciate them nonetheless.

I have a few reservations with your post and I will make them known in plain terms.

1. Your reason that the recruitment is cancelled because the GGMs/GMs etc. chairing such positions are retired is hollow on the basis that whether they were still in service or not, their influence hadn't been implemented as the recruitment had just proceeded the test writing stage. You'd have made more sense if we had done the interviews and expected feedback.

1b. Another thing that I find misplaced is the DAM and allegations of supplanting the list with her candidates. The question is, what list? There was no list because the only list that should have existed is the list of those who were scheduled to be interviewed. So was DAM supplanting prospective interviewees with hers? Makes no sense either.

1c. Really? Management of NNPC will resist her? Management of NNPC will stall recruitment because of DAMs impending mago-mago? Which Holier-than-thou Management is that one? Never has that been heard of in the history of NNPC and certainly not in the last "stealing is not corruption" govt. So again, I respectfully disagree with the allegations.

I will continue my rejoinder in a separate post so as to avoid making this one lengthy.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2015
2. I already predicted Q1 2016 for the tentative continuation of the recruitment process and I didn't need to ask any connect to assert so. That's an aside. The notion that the recruitment process is predicated on the non-promotion of staff and indeterminate number of vacancies is a bit iffy if you ask me. You do realize some of the GTs of 2012 have left to some other MNCs or Indigenous companies for better pay? Sadly (but not inadmissible) is that some may have died. This fact already screams VACANCIES and DAM and co realized this before 2015 (and even when Oil prices had dipped) hence we wrote the aptitude tests in December of 2014.

3. Telling us Dr. Kachikwu earns less than he did at Exxon is a bit hackneyed. It is like saying water is wet. What was challenged here is the talk that his pay at Exxon needed to be divided by 4 to get what he currently earns. a) Nobody gagged him to be NNPC GMD, he could have negotiated his pay. b) when he made that statement he made it in relation to his driver at Exxon and how he asked him to move over to NNPC with him but his driver refused on 2 reasons one of which was his pay grade. Ofcourse, you don't expect NNPC to pay drivers as much as Exxon pays them. Labor laws constraining MNCs don't apply to government-run companies like NNPC.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 8:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Eruditor: 8:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
3. Kachikwu was intended to fill the NNPC position. Let us put a rest to the floating rumors of how Obama asked PMB to employ him and what not. On the eve of the announcement of Kachikwu's appointment, the general diagnosis about the ills of the Nigerian oil industry was that there was a thriving lack of synergy between the Petroleum Minister and the NNPC GMDs and seeing that the PM sat on the board of the NNPC each GMD was forced to do his or her bidding with the consequence being, getting fired if the GMD didn't yield. It is very similar to how a lack of working relationship between the NSA and the service chiefs cost the latter their jobs in the previous govt.

It is rumuored that Kachikwu initially resisted the post of NNPC GMD citing his fear that he could be at cross-purposes with the PM and in that case the PM could easily fire him. So PMB assured him that he will leave him incharge of both offices so as not to compromise the GMDs policy directions. Ofcourse it is an onerous task and I am sure Kachikwu may eventually appoint a trusted hand to relieve him of that position at NNPC but not soon as alot is to be done.

There is reason to believe my assertions as during Kachikwu's screening by the NA he said "this will be the first time that if something goes wrong in the Petroleum sector, it will not be the president's fault". To me, this alludes to the fact that the president has entrusted the petroleum sector into his charge.

Someone may choose to say how can 1 man have such power in the sector? Well, the PIB that would've been passed by successive National assemblies granted even powers greater than this to the minister. The issue with Nigeria has never really been about laws and Acts but about the personality handling such and the rightful implementation of such laws and Acts.

Going by PMBs antecedents it is clear when he trusts some people he tends to saddle them with a lot of responsibilities for e.g, Fashola as Minister for Works, Power and Housing.

NB: The prestige of being the NNPC GMD is unrivalled as you control more resources than all the state governors put together. I haven't even mentioned that you are the cash cow for the country and are responsible for laying the golden eggs. See how Kachikwu sat at the head of the OPEC meeting in Vienna as the President and everyone listened to him. He would never have had such access as a VP in Exxon. Never.

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 8:30pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 8:37pm On Dec 13, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
Postulates:

I will give you a hundred and eighty thousand naira monthly for one year, if this 2012 recruitment goes ahead. My word is my bond. Regarding oil crisis, I guess you are referring to the price. Provided Iran enters the market with its 1.5MMBD, the price will plummet, varying between circa $23/B -$30/B.

Provided USA continues stealing oil from Iraq, Syria and getting royalties (crude oil) from Kuwait, with current Iran sanctions lifted, 2016 will be a difficult year for the oil industry. The psuedo-belief that shale gas E&P activities is lucrative is rubbish as the above supplements from Iraq, Syria and Kuwait is offsetting their cost in shale gas adventure. Story for another day.

Seeing is believing bro. That money you promise to give me, I will appreciate it if you give the needy, beggars, widows and the poor. Just a quarter of the money to them when Nnpc calls for interview next year. Remember promise is a debt.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
Eruditor:
@postulates

You sound informed and you write well so I am guessing you have a good head on your shoulders plus you get your "gist" from people who work within the sector. Ofcourse, like everything on earth your assertions aren't error-proof but we appreciate them nonetheless.

I have a few reservations with your post and I will make them known in plain terms.

1. Your reason that the recruitment is cancelled because the GGMs/GMs etc. chairing such positions are retired is hollow on the basis that whether they were still in service or not, their influence hadn't been implemented as the recruitment had just proceeded the test writing stage. You'd have made more sense if we had done the interviews and expected feedback.

1b. Another thing that I find misplaced is the DAM and allegations of supplanting the list with her candidates. The question is, what list? There was no list because the only list that should have existed is the list of those who were scheduled to be interviewed. So was DAM supplanting prospective interviewees with hers? Makes no sense either.

1c. Really? Management of NNPC will resist her? Management of NNPC will stall recruitment because of DAMs impending mago-mago? Which Holier-than-thou Management is that one? Never has that been heard of in the history of NNPC and certainly not in the last "stealing is not corruption" govt. So again, I respectfully disagree with the allegations.

I will continue my rejoinder in a separate post so as to avoid making this one lengthy.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Talking(m): 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
I have never enjoyed this thread as much as I am doing currently. Many thanks to Messrs Postulates and Eruditor. More power to your elbows.

Let the debate continue intelligently please. If you know you would disrupt this debate by calling of names and yarning dust, kindly watch (read) from the sidelines. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Mopolchi: 5:55pm On Dec 16, 2015
I hope that NNPC recruitment is still on? I was successful in the aptitude test. I got the text message informing me of my success and I should expect interview later. Since then I have been waiting for Philips Consulting. Or is the recruitment canceled? Even if it is, they should inform us.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by pejuakinab: 6:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
Just as his name sounds "Postulate"...he's only assuming base on his own little knowledge of NNPC. Keep the Hopes alive!

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Postulates: 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by rekeson: 11:09am On Dec 17, 2015
If anything, this is the best time for nnpc to continue and conclude the ongoing recruitment.

By the special grace of God, I am privy to a lot of happenings in Warri refinery, and trust me when I say there is serious shortage of manpower in the refinery right now.

You all will recall that all the backup/supporting staff were sacked a while back. Currently, those on leave are being recalled back, and those due for leave have had their leave postponed...

There cannot be efficiency and productivity with shortage of manpower. Kachikwu and PMB should do something fast if they really want to alleviate the sufferings of Nigerians...
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by SomBaby(f): 9:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
http://www.informationng.com/2015/12/fg-can-no-longer-fund-the-oil-and-gas-industry-kachikwu.html

Just try and peruse...the only line that got me interested was the last line...about 1100 staff to be laid off...

Hmmm.....una sure say this ppl go fit pay us wella on the long run?...

Ifea dikwa very risky!
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 7:09am On Dec 19, 2015
SomBaby:
http://www.informationng.com/2015/12/fg-can-no-longer-fund-the-oil-and-gas-industry-kachikwu.html

Just try and peruse...the only line that got me interested was the last line...about 1100 staff to be laid off...

Hmmm.....una sure say this ppl go fit pay us wella on the long run?...

Ifea dikwa very risky!

At least now we know that this is not true. The minister said that half of the 2200 staff at the head office will be redeployed to various subsidiaries were they'll be useful, not laid off.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by dayjahvoo: 7:12am On Dec 19, 2015
pejuakinab:
Just as his name sounds "Postulate"...he's only assuming base on his own little knowledge of NNPC. Keep the Hopes alive!

Just because you are trying to give yourself hope doesn't mean you should be rude.

If you have a counter argument, state it.

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
Good news.

mcFANZY:
Hello folks, I mailed Philips Consultant Limited on 26th August and they replied me. See the details below:

Dear Sir,
I am one of the applicants that applied for this recruitment. Please, may I know in details the reason why this has been put on hold since February that we got texts that say

''Dear candidate, congratulations!You have been shortlisted for the next phase of the NNPC recruitment process. Interview details will reach your mail by 21/02/15

Dear candidate, as a follow up to our previous SMS, we are putting in place required logistics for the interviews. We'll update you in due course. Pls bear with us'' ?

The main reason why I am writing you is that, there are so many rumours in town and on 'nairaland website' that it might be cancelled. I wonder why it might be cancelled. Instead of me to believe that, I am sure it is better that I mail the consultant to know what is happening.

Many regards,

Atoki, Oluwaseun.

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for contacting us. 

If you received an SMS from us informing you that you have been shortlisted for an interview: please be informed that the interview details that should have been communicated to you by February 24, 2015 has now been rescheduled to a later date. Please bear bear with us; we will contact you in due course. 

NOTE:
(1) If you no longer have access to the email address you provided during application, we advise that you send in the accurate email address immediately to 'nnpc-recruitment@phillipsconsulting.net'. Such email should have a subject line as follows: "Change of email address/GT" or "Change of email address/OP" or "Change of email address/EH" - whichever is appropriate for the job you applied for. Receipt of SMS will not guarantee entry into the interview venue. The body of the email should have your full name, candidate number (for GT & OP) or application number (for EH), your new email and phone number, 

Unsuccessful candidates will be reached appropriately afterwards. 

We wish you the very best. 

Recruitment Team
Phillips Consulting Limited

2 Likes

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Switlife: 12:12pm On Jan 06, 2016
Get ready for next month. Happy New Year folks.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 06, 2016
Switlife:

Confirmed?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Dixiechicks(f): 10:55pm On Jan 08, 2016
What is happening next month?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Otas4real(m): 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2016
thecollector:

Confirmed?
thecollector:

Confirmed?
. get ready for what?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by bmyc: 10:41am On Jan 09, 2016
Hi all!
Any latest as to the date for interview? I heard minister saying he would outsource expart to be recruited into NNPC service what about us?
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Dixiechicks(f): 9:57pm On Jan 15, 2016
@bmyc I heard dat too on channels news. Expatriates r to b recruited alongside with nigerian citizens. I dont knw wot will happen to d previous recruitment. May b or not it may b cancelled for a fresh recruitment. Dey said dey wanna restructure der recruitment process. Na wa ohhhh.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Leyimanno: 6:12am On Jan 24, 2016
Switlife:

Our interview or what guy? pls share more light
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by sexyjob(m): 1:14pm On Feb 03, 2016
knock knock
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 06, 2016
sexyjob:
knock knock
@sexjob u dey here too. My prayer is to see each other koro koro in one of these two places. U know what i Mean but that other one beta sha.
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by CaptShinz: 2:14pm On Feb 16, 2016
Eruditor:
3. Kachikwu was intended to fill the NNPC position. Let us put a rest to the floating rumors of how Obama asked PMB to employ him and what not. On the eve of the announcement of Kachikwu's appointment, the general diagnosis about the ills of the Nigerian oil industry was that there was a thriving lack of synergy between the Petroleum Minister and the NNPC GMDs and seeing that the PM sat on the board of the NNPC each GMD was forced to do his or her bidding with the consequence being, getting fired if the GMD didn't yield. It is very similar to how a lack of working relationship between the NSA and the service chiefs cost the latter their jobs in the previous govt.
It is rumuored that Kachikwu initially resisted the post of NNPC GMD citing his fear that he could be at cross-purposes with the PM and in that case the PM could easily fire him. So PMB assured him that he will leave him incharge of both offices so as not to compromise the GMDs policy directions. Ofcourse it is an onerous task and I am sure Kachikwu may eventually appoint a trusted hand to relieve him of that position at NNPC but not soon as alot is to be done.
There is reason to believe my assertions as during Kachikwu's screening by the NA he said "this will be the first time that if something goes wrong in the Petroleum sector, it will not be the president's fault". To me, this alludes to the fact that the president has entrusted the petroleum sector into his charge.
Someone may choose to say how can 1 man have such power in the sector? Well, the PIB that would've been passed by successive National assemblies granted even powers greater than this to the minister. The issue with Nigeria has never really been about laws and Acts but about the personality handling such and the rightful implementation of such laws and Acts.
Going by PMBs antecedents it is clear when he trusts some people he tends to saddle them with a lot of responsibilities for e.g, Fashola as Minister for Works, Power and Housing.
NB: The prestige of being the NNPC GMD is unrivalled as you control more resources than all the state governors put together. I haven't even mentioned that you are the cash cow for the country and are responsible for laying the golden eggs. See how Kachikwu sat at the head of the OPEC meeting in Vienna as the President and everyone listened to him. He would never have had such access as a VP in Exxon. Never.
Eruditor:

LOL, Eruditor my guy... U seem well informed and would like to know where you work... Kachikwu is a rich kid baba so the salary was never the issue... he wanted the job from day 1 because he likes being in a position of power which correlates to your story of him not wanting the future PM to interfere in his matters also he is my guy grin

1 Like

Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by gilbert4real: 7:05pm On Feb 17, 2016
Hmmmmmm!

CaptShinz:

LOL, Eruditor my guy... U seem well informed and would like to know where you work... Kachikwu is a rich kid baba so the salary was never the issue... he wanted the job from day 1 because he likes being in a position of power which correlates to your story of him not wanting the future PM to interfere in his matters also he is my guy grin
Re: NNPC Aptitude Test On December 6, 2014 by sammily(m): 9:47pm On Feb 21, 2016
Saw this press release on NNPC's twitter account. I believe by now no one should fall for this kind of scam because as far as i know, NNPC don't ask for payment from candidates during recruitment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) ... (195) (Reply)

Etisalat Customer Care Job / Nigeria Police 2016 Recruitment Of 10,000 Personnel / 2016 Firstbank Graduate Trainee Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.