Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,321 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 AM

[Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds (1076 Views)

Java Proramers:java Assignment: Can Someone Help Provide A Solution To This / Hotel Booking And Reservation Assignment For A 200level Student (c++). / C++ Assignment Help Kobojunkie, Duela, Anyone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by dwkoko(m): 10:47pm On Nov 24, 2014
Pls i need help, i need the solution to this problem, or drop a link on where i can get the solution, thanks.

A company selling CDs and DVDs presently uses a manual, paper-based system to keep track of:
- stock levels
- files containing CD and DVD information
- sales information

The company has shops in five major cities.
When a customer comes into the shop s/he goes to the desk and either asks the assistant to find a particular CD/DVD. The shop assistant locates the files for the item the customer has requested and,
(i) checks if it is stock
(ii) checks the price of the CD/DVD
(iii) finds where the CD/DVD is in the shop

If the customer has already found the CD/DVD in the shop s/he takes it to the desk and the shop assistant finds the item file to check for its price. The customer pays for the CD/DVD and the following then happens:
- shop assistant fills out a sales receipt and puts it into a file
- at the end of the day, all the sales are recorded and the number of each item in stock is updated
- if the number of items are low a request for new stock is filled out
- the value of the day’s sales are recorded in an accounts book.

The new system
The system is to be computerized. The following will be created:
(i) all CD and DVD data will be stored on a database
(ii) all items for sale will have a bar code on them
(iii) a sales file will be set up
(iv) a database will be created showing supplier and customer details

A customer goes into the shop and finds a CD/DVD s/he wants to buy. The shop assistant scans the bar code on the item and the CD/DVD details have been found including its price. The stock files are updated (i.e. 1 is reduced from the number in stock) and the takings file updated. The stock levels for that item are checked and an automatic order is sent out after accessing the supplier database.
If the customer has requested the assistant to find a particular CD/DVD the assistant keys in the name/artist and finds out if the item is in stock, where it can be found and it’s price (the next stage is the same as above). If the item isn’t in stock, the assistant takes the customer details and updates the database and adds a request for the item to be ordered and this is added to the customer’s file.

(a) Draw the systems flow charts to show how the above system will work.
(b) Discuss the advantages of the new computerised system when compared to the manual paper-based system.
(c) Why would the new system reduce the shop’s costs?
Re: [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by FRInteractives: 12:00am On Nov 27, 2014
Give me a call and I will email the solution to you

Tel/Watsapp: 08072611343
BBm: 31076DE9
Email: hello@frinteractives.wc.lt
Re: [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by Nobody: 12:40am On Nov 27, 2014
call/whatsapp-08186219002
email-info4baycrystal@gmail.com

we will provide you with a detail solution and a computerized software.
Re: [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by dellnet: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2014
Google INVENTORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
Re: [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by CodeHouse: 8:05pm On Dec 01, 2014
You need to understand the whole question and write a simple algorithm the way you understand it in plain English and then with the necessary flow chart symbols, convert your algorithm to flow chart. The rest of the question is easy, I expect you to know the merits of Automation over manual process.

If you decide to be lazy and require the complete solution done for you with the software, then no problem, check my signature for my contact.
Re: [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by dwkoko(m): 11:58pm On Dec 01, 2014
CodeHouse:
You need to understand the whole question and write a simple algorithm the way you understand it in plain English and then with the necessary flow chart symbols, convert your algorithm to flow chart. The rest of the question is easy, I expect you to know the merits of Automation over manual process.

If you decide to be lazy and require the complete solution done for you with the software, then no problem, check my signature for my contact.

a little more explanation will do, thanks
Re: [Assignment Help] A Company Selling Cds And Dvds by CodeHouse: 7:15am On Dec 02, 2014
dwkoko:

a little more explanation will do, thanks

The Assignment is more of the explanation than a problem. All you need is right there in the question. You will be needing lots of decision symbols in your flow chart.

(1) (Reply)

NL Of Our Dream / Programmers How Would You Approach This Task? / HTML Color Codes And Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.