Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,440 members, 7,815,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (730 Views)

As EFCC Goes After Daughter, Turai Yar’adua Runs To Obasanjo For Help / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader / Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Wisdytech(m): 11:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan has described himself as the best leader to be produced by Nigeria.

The President said no leader since the country gained independence in 1960 had done better than himself for the country.

He, therefore, said the comment made by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, in which the ex-President described Jonathan’s performance as below average, was untrue.

Jonathan said this in a statement by his Special Assistant on Public Affairs, Dr. Doyin Okupe, in Abuja on Sunday.

Okupe’s statement read, “Our attention has been drawn to comments made by a former President of this country, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, regarding the performance of the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan.

“Obasanjo had at an event over the weekend declared that he rated the President Goodluck Jonathan administration ‘below average’.

“We aver that Obasanjo’s comments are untrue, misleading and clearly do not tally with the facts on the ground.

“We therefore wish to assert without equivocation that in terms of performance and achievements, no administration since 1960 when Nigeria gained independence from Britain, has done as much as that of President Jonathan.”

He said that every discerning and unbiased Nigerian would definitely attest to this “as the evidence stare all of us in the face.”

Okupe, who had also worked with the former President while in office, added that contrary to Obasanjo’s position, the Federal Government under Jonathan had performed excellently given the prevailing circumstances and resources available to it.

He said while it was true that Nigeria had been faced with incidents of insurgency and terrorism, especially in the last few years, the Jonathan administration had successfully contained the initial widespread activities of the insurgents, which he said were prevalent in 12 states of the North, including the Federal Capital Territory.

He added, “While it is true that the present activities of the terrorists in the three north-eastern states have become more deadly in mindless killings, kidnappings and supposed territorial seizures, government has made giant diplomatic strides with our neighbouring countries in order to checkmate the crisscrossing of the insurgents.

“The military and other security agents, which have engaged the insurgents since inception, have done a great job in spite of recent challenges.

“The truth of the matter which we must know and accept is that we have an internal enemy supported by internal and external resources waging a major warfare against our nation.”

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-to-obasanjo-im-nigerias-best-leader/

http://brainnewsng.com/jonathan-to-obasanjo-im-nigerias-best-leader/
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Wisdytech(m): 11:55pm On Nov 24, 2014
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by saaedlee: 11:58pm On Nov 24, 2014
Everybody is trying to score cheap political points these days
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by SirHouloo(m): 12:06am On Nov 25, 2014
Any difference between the two corrupt Ogas? In a land of the blind, its a one eyed man that rule. In the real sense, are we moving forward or stagnant despite the huge remuneration from oil exploration?
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by kudiice(m): 12:07am On Nov 25, 2014
grin
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by kudiice(m): 12:09am On Nov 25, 2014
As for me, our best leaders remain Murtala Muhammed, Buhari and Yar'adua RIP. Buhari especially had decipline as his mantra which Africans especially Nigerians need. His off was his harsh and brutal ideology for taking out his hate list. But GEJ on the other hand has good intentions but lacks strength to go through with them. Just my opinion though. If E vex you, go hug ebola patient.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by emmysoftyou: 12:52am On Nov 25, 2014
[size=18]
he is only replying obasanjo's statement..
So it s normal because it happen among frends too...
But obj shuld respect his old age..
Why calling rating our president below average
Nairalanders if na yu dem tok to like that..
Una go like am
[/size]
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Anthony3850(m): 1:18am On Nov 25, 2014
I dont know much abt politics but jonah no dey take action der4 he aint d best, obj is d worst, i no wan go dat side
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by mekd: 2:21am On Nov 25, 2014
kudiice:
As for me, our best leaders remain Murtala Muhammed, [b][/b]BUHARI and Yar'adua RIP. Buhari especially had decipline as his mantra which Africans especially Nigerians need. His off was his harsh and brutal ideology for taking out his hate list. But GEJ on the other hand has good intentions but lacks strength to go through with them. Just my opinion though. If E vex you, go hug ebola patient.
. guy abeg no send buhari to grave before him time ooo
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by jojomario(m): 2:44am On Nov 25, 2014
Best in his dream. An OBJ era would not have collapsed our security system as the mumu did. both are corruption based govt. but kudos to baba on security matters.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:42am On Nov 25, 2014
NO GEJ...u are just one fisher man who is still finding it hard to admit how stewpid he is.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Caseless: 5:08am On Nov 25, 2014
There is a saying in hausa that says 'yabon kai jahilci ne' meaning: one praising himself depicts illiteracy.
Gej is the worst thing to have happened to Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Truckpusher(m): 5:11am On Nov 25, 2014
Caseless:
There is a saying in hausa that says 'yabon kai jahilci ne' meaning: one praising himself depicts illiteracy.
Continue with this your ranting of Jonathan this and Jonathan that while your region is going up in flames.
Why am I even wasting my time ,after all you're all the same people with the same mentality.

continue ranting come February Jonathan must win.KPOMKWEM
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Dbboy(m): 5:23am On Nov 25, 2014
kudiice:
As for me, our best leaders remain Murtala Muhammed, Buhari and Yar'adua RIP. Buhari especially had decipline as his mantra which Africans especially Nigerians need. His off was his harsh and brutal ideology for taking out his hate list. But GEJ on the other hand has good intentions but lacks strength to go through with them. Just my opinion though. If E vex you, go hug ebola patient.

TELL ME WHAT DID YARADUA ACTUALLY DO BEFORE HIS DEATH. IT WAS HIS INABILITY TO STEP DOWN WHILE HE WAS SICK THAT BROUGHT US TO THIS POSITION AND IF I MAY ASK WHAT DID BUHARI EVEN ACHIEVE DURING HIS RULE WAI AM SORRY FOR YOUTH OF THIS DAY THAT NO NOTHING ABOUT HISTORY.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by lonelydora: 5:27am On Nov 25, 2014
OBJ is not suppose to judge GEJ. He is one of the people that kept Nigeria like this.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Truckpusher(m): 5:31am On Nov 25, 2014
Caseless:
undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by vicadex07(m): 5:47am On Nov 25, 2014
Our president is only efficient in replying and insulting the opposition. That's his only area of competency...instead of him to face the work of fulfilling all the promises he made to us back in 2011 when we voted him in. He has not achieved 40% of his promises and has even escalated the security and economic situation of the country further.

Yet he has the guts to start another campaign of lies and deceit. What a shameless man. Otuoke, his fatherland beckons unto him. No more cluelessness.
Re: Jonathan To Obasanjo: I’m Nigeria’s Best Leader by Caseless: 6:42am On Nov 25, 2014
Truckpusher:
Continue with this your ranting of Jonathan this and Jonathan that while your region is going up in flames.
Why am I even wasting my time ,after all you're all the same people with the same mentality.

continue ranting come February Jonathan must win.KPOMKWEM
trash! u are neither objective nor constructive these days...

(1) (Reply)

Who Is The Best Governor Nigeria Has Now / Was OBJ Better Than Jonathan? Read Achebe's Letter / Richard Akinnola Ii Wrote: Obasanjo's New Ego

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.