Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note (41501 Views)

Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note / Hausa Ajami/Arabic Inscriptions Removed From New N100 Note / New N100 Note. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by ElRey01: 2:16am On Nov 25, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday refuted the allegation made against him by the Muslims Right Concern (MURIC) that a Jewish symbol in the proposed commemorative new N100 note which will be officially issued on December 19 was his ploy to promote a Zion nation.

In a statement issued by its Director, Prof. Ishaq Akintola on Sunday, the Muslim group had made some grave allegations against the president, including that the security system in Aso Rock was saturated with Israeli security operatives, while Jonathan had chosen to marginalise the North as was seen at the national conference.

But the President in his reaction explained that, while the purported symbol MURIC’s statement was referring to is the Star of David, “there is no where on that proposed note as indicated in the specimen that has been widely publicised where there is any Jewish or Zionist symbol or the Star of David.”

Speaking through his Special Adviser on media and publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, the President accused MURIC of attempting to cause disaffection because of the design of the note, “the value of the note is written out in the three major languages in Nigeria, recognised in the constitution: Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa.

“No attempt has been made to use this proposed naira note to discriminate anybody and the attack on President Jonathan is undeserved, unwarranted and totally unkind. I believe that MURIC will see the need to quickly apologise for misleading the public and for issuing that kind of statement that can cause disaffection against the President,” Abati stated.

He described the claim by MURIC that the security system in Aso Rock is saturated with Israeli security operatives as “a blatant lie”, just as he maintained strongly that “there are no Israeli security operatives saturating the security system in Aso Rock.”

In a statement he issued on Monday evening, Abati said, “To convince himself that this is true, we will like to invite Prof. Akintola on a visit to the Presidential Villa, to see whether indeed it is Israelis that are in charge of security.

“The security operatives in the Villa are not foreigners, they are Nigerians and there is no connection with Israel whatsoever. The premised of the issue that formed the basis for Akintola’s vituperation is wrong and he is misinformed.”

Noting that the group’s allegations against the president were rather curious, the presidential spokesman said the Akintola needed to be told that “President Jonathan is not anti-Muslim as he alleges.

“President Jonathan is the President of all Nigerians, whatever may be their beliefs. It is not true that President Jonathan is using the highest office in the country to promote Zion nation. I think that is a most unfortunate statement coming from Prof. Akintola of MURIC and for which they owe President Jonathan an apology.”

On allegation on Muslims’ marginalisation, Abati said, “Two, the MURIC’s director also alleged that Muslims were marginalized in the national conference. Again, this is a very unfortunate thing to say. The truth is that that national conference organised by this administration has been praised and described as probably one of the best of such conferences ever organised in this country. It was a purposeful conference, a conference in which a lot of maturity was displaced.

“Religion was not a big issue at that conference. Rather, the conference was a platform for addressing many issues of general concern to various groups, ethnic or religious. MURIC cannot claim not to know that the conference very successful.”

Clarifying on the claim that the president was planning to create a Zion nation, Abati said, “The Star of David is a hexagram which is two triangles of equal lines superimposed on each other. The hexagram is a very popular symbol, but it is not on that naira note.

“The symbol that he is referring to is not a Jewish symbol. It is what they call spark security feature. It is an optical magnetic feature which enables the public to authenticate a currency note whether it is genuine or counterfeit. That is the function of that particular design.

“That design is not an hexagram and it is not in any way associated with Israel or Jewish or Zionism. It is two squares merged into one with a Manila briquet, which is a symbol of the cowrie money used during the colonial era.”
http://leadership.ng/business/391574/n100-notes-jonathan-lashes-back-muric

26 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by ElRey01: 2:19am On Nov 25, 2014
These guys won't stop to bring shame to Islam. This prof is brain drained and an attention seeker. How can a prof not be able to differentiate a star of David from other similar shapes? where was he when the specimen was displayed and presented?
This indeed is the highest form of ignorance by a man I respect. Thank you Abatti for lecturing him on "Symbolism" You are MURIC Da Vinci

217 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by ElRey01: 2:30am On Nov 25, 2014
SUDDENLY THEY DON'T LIKE STARS ANYMORE:
An Excerpt from an article I found online:

The octagon has two stellations , one being the true star polygon{8/3)and the other being a compound of two squares ) also called the Star of Lakshmi . {8/2) a symbol which figures in Hinduism where it represents Ashtalakshmi the eight forms, or "kinds of wealth", of the goddess Lakshmi. A similar symbol Rub el Hizb is a Muslim symbol found on a number of emblems and flags. You can see that the two overlapping squares are embedded in the 2nd stellation
http://xploreandxpress..com/…/zentangle-challenge-1…
So now tell me. Is it the star they hate or is it something that has to do with Jonathan being involved with a star? Really these guys surprise me.

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by LordMecuzy(m): 2:40am On Nov 25, 2014
Una even get time dwy explain to them self

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by LordMecuzy(m): 2:40am On Nov 25, 2014
brb
Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by ayukdaboss(m): 2:51am On Nov 25, 2014
Lately, the symbols on the Naira Note has become more important than the value of the note itself with various religious bodies challenging every sign they see on it.

These are the 2 controversies I've read about:

1) The David Cross: Which one is the David Cross again How does the David Cross affect the value of the Naira? I'm a Christian..I've never ever heard about the David Cross and possibly many other Christians too so I'm surprised the Muslim body had enough time to research about the David cross when there are more important things for them to think about.

2) The Arabic Symbols: In as much as I have little reservations about this particular one, I'll want to ask us Nigerians, how has this affected the value of the Naira? When did you notice the Arabic symbols on the Naira? For me I noticed those Arabic symbols the day I read about it on Nairaland this Month and I just casually checked it. It doesn't mean I'm insensitive to issues concerning my country. It means as far as it has never been a big deal over 10 years now, it never will.

It's a shame Christian religious bodies/leaders were linking the Arabic symbols on the Naira with the Islamization of Nigeria

I'll urge us as Nigerians to DESIST from tribalism and religious bigotry even if our religious and political leaders encourage us to do so because it's going to lead us NO-WHERE as a country.

If we continue like this, there'll become a time where Muslims would prefer voting a "Cow" who is a Muslim than a Sane man who is a Christian and vice versa.

Nigerians, please lets shun bigotry for our own good.

135 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 3:23am On Nov 25, 2014
Why should I care? Its not like I got millions of it in my account...its only the rich that will recognize shapes.. Give a poor man a thousand pieces..and see if he go dey do research on top shapes..useless people!

FTC Weere ni ise oluwa embarassed embarassed embarassed

After KIM Kardashian broke the internet with nude pics...see what she did next shocked shocked shocked shocked
Photos: Kim Kardashian Covers Up Elle Magazine UK (SEE PHOTOS)
http:///n664Z

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by stinggy(m): 3:40am On Nov 25, 2014
Confused nation. Back an forth we keep going.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Nobody: 3:56am On Nov 25, 2014
When a sect is out to fight a man at all cost.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Dollabommie(m): 4:02am On Nov 25, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by simplemach(m): 4:02am On Nov 25, 2014
He should have even just ignored them completely.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by danderson(f): 4:19am On Nov 25, 2014
Pleasooo GEJ should saturate the villa with Isreali intelligence and Mossad. No time

45 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Nobody: 4:19am On Nov 25, 2014
Thanks for the explanation. Atleast, it'll calm the rising temper in some circles against the President. May God bless the President and All Nigerians.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by bidexmat(m): 4:29am On Nov 25, 2014
Oga o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by nationwide1(m): 4:31am On Nov 25, 2014
So these Muslims actually see Christians as fools or less important. For all the years (1973 - date) Islamic symbols have been on Naira, were Christians blind or not sane enough to protest. They keep on giving us cogent reasons not to stay together.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by simplemach(m): 4:55am On Nov 25, 2014
danderson:
Pleasooo GEJ should saturate the villa with Isreali intelligence and Mossad. No time
And haters can dive the ocean

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by luvmijeje(f): 5:04am On Nov 25, 2014
I
n a statement he issued on Monday evening, Abati said, “To convince himself that this is true, we will like to invite Prof. Akintola on a visit to the Presidential Villa, to see whether indeed it is Israelis that are in charge of security.

It's now they find it convenient to respond to issues of marginalisation of Muslims. Is Jonathan the first Christian president that we will ever have? Jonathan just don't how to run a run a country as diverse as Nigeria. #GEJMUSTGO#

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Nobody: 5:14am On Nov 25, 2014
Nawa o, naira is now 177 to a dollar and somebody is busy arguing a symbol on naira note, why not argue the value instead of symbol? This country self, smh!

30 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Nobody: 5:28am On Nov 25, 2014
LordMecuzy:

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by lonelydora: 5:31am On Nov 25, 2014
GEJ, you even get time to explain self. You should have allowed them to keep wallowing in ignorance.

22 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Rexyl(m): 5:33am On Nov 25, 2014
wazoboy:
Nawa o, naira is now 177 to a dollar and somebody is busy arguing a symbol on naira note, why not argue the value instead of symbol? This country self, smh!

Abi o.. unnecessary arguments about the symbol but neglecting the value. Some funny Nigerians will not stop to amaze us.

Even if my name is on the note, it's the value that will make it famous. Religious bigotry & fanaticism should no longer be celebrated on our money, it causes division and will never strengthen the quality and value

It is a big surprise that the whole prof neglected the value and began to rant on symbol that doesn't change condition of the country.

9 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Nobody: 5:33am On Nov 25, 2014
This moslem people will do anything to become relevant,what has a star got to do with the naira,and its value.

Islam is truly the capital of Pakistan,and bunch of deluded people,whose sense of reasoning has be clouded by hatred to other religion.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by bigtt76(f): 5:37am On Nov 25, 2014
Peopo sef ....if Aso rock is infiltrated by Israeli operatives nko?....what of Boko Haram that is infiltrated by Al Qaida Operatives from Chad and other places. Abeg make somebodi tell that prof to raymove the log of wood from hin yone eyes before looking for speck of dust in other pipo den eyes shoooo? grin

21 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by omenka(m): 5:43am On Nov 25, 2014
Of ALL the storms battering this country this is what Jonathan deems appropriate to respond to!! When is he gonna respond to Tompolo who's held to ransom the take off of a $16B facility Jeez!! I find it hard to believe this man is really okay upstairs!!

Tufiakwa!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by ARKdiscloser7(m): 5:45am On Nov 25, 2014
APC/BUHARI at work.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by chymystique(f): 5:49am On Nov 25, 2014
MORONS MURIC seeking relevance through their moronic and baseless allegations.. Never knew they existed.. Now that most Nigerians ve noticed them they can as well go back to their hole where they came out from.. angry

Mr. Reuben replied them well.. Dullards

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by omenka(m): 5:52am On Nov 25, 2014
ToyozzieTohBad:
Why should I care? Its not like I got millions of it in my account...its only the rich that will recognize shapes.. Give a poor man a thousand pieces..and see if he go dey do research on top shapes..useless people!
Thank you very much sister!! When the whole argument about islamic inscriptions on the notes arose I was like "what is the essence of all this nonsense?" I never even noticed the damn things until they started talking about them. I kept asking and wanted to know if the notes had ever been turned down in the course of a transaction over what were written on them. It is such a damn shame we are having this conversation. The only thing this whole episode would promote is widen the religious division and prejudice Jonathan has entrenched in this nation. I feel so sad for us honestly. I don't see these wounds healing anytime soon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by omenka(m): 5:54am On Nov 25, 2014
ayukdaboss:
Lately, the symbols on the Naira Note has become more important than the value of the note itself with various religious bodies challenging every sign they see on it.

These are the 2 controversies I've read about:

1) The David Cross: Which one is the David Cross again How does the David Cross affect the value of the Naira? I'm a Christian..I've never ever heard about the David Cross and possibly many other Christians too so I'm surprised the Muslim body had enough time to research about the David cross when there are more important things for them to think about.

2) The Arabic Symbols: In as much as I have little reservations about this particular one, I'll want to ask us Nigerians, how has this affected the value of the Naira? When did you notice the Arabic symbols on the Naira? For me I noticed those Arabic symbols the day I read about it on Nairaland this Month and I just casually checked it. It doesn't mean I'm insensitive to issues concerning my country. It means as far as it has never been a big deal over 10 years now, it never will.

It's a shame Christian religious bodies/leaders were linking the Arabic symbols on the Naira with the Islamization of Nigeria

I'll urge us as Nigerians to DESIST from tribalism and religious bigotry even if our religious and political leaders encourage us to do so because it's going to lead us NO-WHERE as a country.

If we continue like this, there'll become a time where Muslims would prefer voting a "Cow" who is a Muslim than a Sane man who is a Christian and vice versa.

Nigerians, please lets shun bigotry for our own good.
God bless you for this.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by tomakint: 5:58am On Nov 25, 2014
This is the height of madness from a supposed intellectual, in the person of Prof Ishaq Akintola, just to whip up sentiments against the man of the moment (MOM), President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan! I wished the Mossad (Israel Security Operatives) are the ones in charge of security in ASO Rock because Jonathan need them more than anything else especially when the hatred towards is coming more from the Muslim North and part of Muslim-dominated States in Southwest.....yeye dey smell, MURIC my foot

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Burger01(m): 6:06am On Nov 25, 2014
LordMecuzy:
Exactly my thoughts..
On a more serious note we have problems in this country. The major problem of this country is religion. Fanatic religion. Smh.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by Mcbussy(m): 6:22am On Nov 25, 2014
What if its even a Jewish sign?....is it only their religion that must be recognised?

Why aren't Christians ranting that there should also be a cross on the notes since we have Arabic on it?

I don't think its Nigeria's problem if Isreal is an enemy of Islam. Nigeria doesn't represent Islam.its a country with more than 1 religion.

Well,lemme just sit and watch.no matter how hard they try,they can't go beyond 23% of world population.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Refutes MURIC's Allegation Of Jewish Symbol On N100 Note by wheesin(m): 6:26am On Nov 25, 2014
mtcheww.. undecided who cares ..i pity this countrys regression..

NIGERIA IS NOW A WILD WEST ON ITS OWN...PEOPLE DIE AT THE FARE

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria – China Currency Deal – The Biggest Winners And Losers / See How God Has Blessed And Transformed This Mans Business Within 10 Years / Mai Bornu To Emefiele: Indigenous CBN Governors Till Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.