Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,129 members, 7,818,386 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State (41986 Views)

FLASH| IGR Of Anambra Up By 30%, As Obiano Works Miracles / Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Ten Nigerian States With Highest IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by proxillin(m): 8:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
predentstats:

You think if the Federal Capital was not cited in Lagos that led to the development of the state.....
That Lagos will ride like this?
That its IGR will amount to what is quoted?

If we forget our source and humiliate the source then we'll be set for doom.

LAGOS OR YORUBAS DID NOT MAKE LAGOS WHAT IT IS.

I stand to be corrected.

Yes, Yoruba did. Single handedly.

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by ocelot2006(m): 8:31pm On Nov 26, 2014
emiraty:

No you didn't.listen man, am not gonna waste my time on people such as you . Please go to alausa or simply google okay?
Have a nice day ahead

No, come back here and explain your highlighted post to the house. Or was there a major disconnect between your brain (or whatever you have for a brain......air maybe) and your fingers when you typed those points? The onus is on you to explain your post.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by seanet02: 8:48pm On Nov 26, 2014
firstolalekan:

who asked MY CHAINED CRETINUOS FATHER to speak?
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by 7lives: 9:27pm On Nov 26, 2014
PassingShot:
Very good news we have here grin grin grin

A people who have failed to be prudent in times of surplus should not mind suffering the consequences of their financial recklessness in times of shortage.

If one takes a look at what this country has earned from "oyel" in the past decade alone and compare it to where we are, one would have no choice than to conclude that we have missed our golden opportunity to be great.

The careless spending, looting and corruption is done on a scale that makes you wonder if the stuupid leaders ever thought of tomorrow. Unfortunately the "tomorrow" is here with us now and we will suffer as a nation.

We can still get certain things right if we go back to the drawing board and do the needful by making our leaders accountable. And again, unfortunately the so-called youths whom you would expect to do the right things are even worse than the so-called looters of yesteryears. undecided undecided

Bro most Nigerians don't even understand economics, the first golden era was between 1970 and 1980, naira was about 78 kobo to a dollar our leader squandered it.
The second golden opportunity is of the last 14 years, it was also squandered. When I see Nigerian youths come online to show their stupidity by their lackadaisical approach to the way this country is being mismanaged, only one thing comes to my mind, Nigeria is probably cursed at least this is the way other countries see us.
Nigeria the land of poverty, squandering riches since independence, sometimes I regret the exit of our colonial masters, they would have manage this country better than our so called worthless leaders

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by 7lives: 9:42pm On Nov 26, 2014
Gbawe:
@Topic.

I am very proud of the achievements of Lagos. It is times like this that the reality of who is leading well, and who is failing, becomes crystal-clear despite how Nigerians like to play politics of ethnicity and sectional bias. Let oil fall to $10 per barrel. When Nigerians begin to suffer terribly then they will hopefully learn a lesson or two about putting sentiments aside to vote out terrible leaders who maintain ten air-planes,at hideously monumental costs, in a poverty-ridden nation .

Let oil sell for 5 dollars, '' i don't care, I love it ''.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Sagamite(m): 9:44pm On Nov 26, 2014
kmariko:

Further analysis of the NBS IGR data showed that Akwa Ibom’s IGR of N15.39 billion was equivalent to 3.25 percent of its 2013 budget of N470.1 billion.

Bayelsa’s IGR of N10.5 billion is equivalent to 3.45 percent of its 2013 budget of N304.05 billion, Delta States IGR of N50.2 billion is equivalent to 10.63 percent of its 2013 budget of N472 billion.

This is what you get when you have amala-politicians like Akpabio, Uduaghan and Dickson.

The lowest percentages because we have oyel!

1 Like

Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by firstolalekan(m): 10:04pm On Nov 26, 2014
seanet02:
E no go better for that your useless bus conductor drunkard father.
And your wh0re mother too.
You product of a broken condom.
Flathèad bastard from aluû community.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by seanet02: 8:26am On Nov 27, 2014
firstolalekan:

E no go better for MY useless bus conductor drunkard father.
And MY wh0re mother too.
ME A product of a broken condom.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by firstolalekan(m): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2014
seanet02:

E no go better for MY useless bus conductor drunkard
father.
And MY wh0re mother too.
ME A product of a broken condom.
Shaking my dìck for you dumb fûck.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by 5thNOTE: 9:09am On Nov 28, 2014
Tinubu and Fashola must be mad. They think they can just feed cheap lies to the public without getting noticed. How can u generate 75% of ur budget through IGR ? How much allocation do u na say u earn frm the FG in the first place. We knw states with the highest revenue are nt just oil producing states, so u are then saying that u get a paltry 25% of ur budget frm the FG. And how can u say u made 75% of ur previous budget just through a yr. Wht lies. Apart frm the 13% derivation to oil producing states, i dont think their budget is higher than that of Kano and Lagos, knwing some considration put in place.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 24, 2015
Rexyl:
All States govt should get sense and begin to work on how to increase their IGR. Oil money may no longer do the magic as usual. Oil fame is gradually fading out. Everyone should better think of the alternative now before the final collapse of oil economy.

It doesn't work like that. Full federalism has to start first.
Re: Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State by spenca: 9:52pm On May 24, 2015
Raiders:
Another reason why I think fashola should replace GEJ. 80% of Nigeria revenue is gotten from oil and we need to diversify our revenue and rely less on oil

We always never know the main powers behind the success of Lagos like the Babtunde Fowlers that brought the tax revolution to Lagos and now serves as an epitom for other state bodies

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Fashola Spent N139million On Two Boreholes - Lagos Government / Osun Governor Ademola Adeleke's 100 Days In Office (Photos) / Naira: We Won’t Be Your Scapegoat - Supreme Court Tells FG, State Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.