Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,392 members, 7,954,570 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:51 PM

Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications (896 Views)

List Of All IT Certifications 1611 / Pls The 5 Most Valuable It Certifications In Nigeria? / Can IT Certifications Get Me a Profitable Job With My Third Class Degree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications by sirrinky: 9:50am On Nov 25, 2014
Experienced IT experts please i need your input on this issue.A friend who dropped out of the university due to certain issues @ the time is stuck between the two options and needs my advice on what to pursue. Either starting school over again to get a Bsc or just massing up different IT certifications. He currently has a CCNP btw and is thing of maybe just going on with CCNP,CCIE and maybe entering into server systems and becoming a real Pro. But the issue of Job availability solely on IT certifications is something he doesnt know about so pls well informed inputs will be highly appreciated.Wow No one has an opinion here?Wierd
Re: Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications by barapistis(m): 3:36pm On Nov 27, 2014
He needs both. G o for a foreign degree that's will allow a ccnp into 2 or 3 hundred level
Re: Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications by sirrinky: 2:38am On Nov 28, 2014
Which Unis do that pls.
Re: Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications by barapistis(m): 11:04am On Nov 28, 2014
sirrinky:
Which Unis do that pls.

check online

ghanian

us

india

dont know of uk
Re: Hnd/bsc Or IT Certifications by dazmillion: 10:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
Hi, I would advise your friend pursue a degree program. Nigerian companies first look at your degree before chwcking out your IT certifications. I have a Hnd with ccnp/mcp and I know how many jobs I cant get because of lack of degree even with many years of IT experience. He should should think of IT certification as the icing on the degree cake.

(1) (Reply)

Urgent Need - Freelance Developer To Add Custom Image Size To Wordpress Site / Go From Full-time Student To Full-stack Developer / Rate This Android App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.