Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,428 members, 7,861,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 06:37 AM

Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? (4103 Views)

Bride Breastfeeding Her Child On Wedding Day (pics) / Breastfeeding In Public - What Is Your View / Why Are Women Their Own Worst Enemies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Nov 25, 2014
englishmart:
you don see french wey senior France itself BA?

Na so

Them never teach me this one for france yet
Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by englishmart(m): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2014
BruzMoney:

Ignored n replying?? Mumu confirmed
ignored twice more
Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by maxism2: 8:56pm On Nov 25, 2014
Maybe
Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by lilmax(m): 9:17pm On Nov 25, 2014
Most
Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by Nobody: 12:03am On Nov 26, 2014
Opening up ur bobbee in the public with reckless abandon for ur baby to suck is very displeasing to the eye. there is this piece of clothing they sell specially designed for that purpose..to cover your breast while breastfeeding.. but pple don't use it.

Anyway there's no need for me breastfeeding in public because I totally dislike it. But in a case like the op said, in a bus or other situations I can't help I would surely do it. I can't stand my babies crying for so long..I won't be happy too.

1 Like

Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by Rosarie(f): 11:22am On Nov 26, 2014
brito:
I won't say I'm shy but I can't breastfeed in public, my husband hate it with passion, even at home then I don't do it in the parlour it must be in the room. Left for him alone my son won't suck, he ask me to stop breastfeeding him at 3months old but his mum refused.
wos he stopped at 3mths dts ur hubby.does he know wot is fatherly love.baby friendly is best for kids.so u shud have stopped 3 mnths if nt fr d mom d third party na wa o

1 Like

Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 26, 2014
Rosarie:
wos he stopped at 3mths dts ur hubby.does he know wot is fatherly love.baby friendly is best for kids.so u shud have stopped 3 mnths if nt fr d mom d third party na wa o

No, I did bf exclusive without water for 6 months
Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by ChristineNevert: 1:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
lalasticlala:
I was in a bus on a short journey of about 35 minutes, when a baby was crying profusely.
The mother did everything to stop the baby boy from crying but to no avail.
So people in the bus started shouting at the mother to breastfeed the baby, that he obviously needs to suck.
But the mother of the baby refused.
The baby cried all through the journey.

Are women shy of breastfeeding in public?

I think that yes, some women are. And the issue of public breastfeeding is still very controvercial. I believe that a woman has every right to feed her baby anywhere if needed, but a lot of people don't think so and it puts a mother, breastfeeding in public, under stress, which isn't good for feeding the baby. However, if the woman can deal with this stress, there are a number of advantages of public breastfeeding. You can get more information, for example, here: Breastfeeding in Public

1 Like

Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by nursingwear: 10:00am On Oct 27, 2017
#noshameinfeeding

Women can now nurse their babies discreetly in public. Check out how @mahmah_ng on instagram.
Re: Are Women Shy Of Breastfeeding In Public? by LadySarah: 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2017
I breastfeed my boys anywhere and everywhere.dnt care what any st..pid person says,if it pains you just hug a high tension.
I cover very eell but if you insist yoh are still seeing something,you no go fit touch am.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help A New Mother! / Why You Will Marry The Wrong Person / Obasanjo's Son Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.