Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Obasanjo Slams Jonathan Again - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Obasanjo Slams Jonathan Again (483 Views)

Eh? I Hear Obasanjo Has Blasted Jonathan Again? / Still Buhari/jonathan Again,inec What Proactive Measure On Ground? / Tragic:boy Jumps Of A Building And Slams Into Concrete (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Slams Jonathan Again by gbemicyborgs(m): 8:17pm On Nov 26, 2014
Obasanjo Slams Jonathan Again

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has once again come for President Jonathan, shredding him with his words.

The former President said that the Nigerian democracy was at risk due to the action of the present administration.

While speaking at a book launch in honour of the pioneer chairman of the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC, Mustapha Akanbi‎, in Abuja, Obasanjo said the president needs to stop encouraging verbal violence as it has ways of degenerating into physical violence.

He went on to say that the greatest indictment against any administration is to be seen trying to destroy opposition of all sort‎s which invariably mean destroying democracy.

“Management of democracy without resorting to brute force and dictatorial tendencies must be cultivated

“As a leader, you must not deliberately do evil or condone evil. You should know that you will one day give account to God, you may cover up here, but before God, there is no cover up.”

He then went on to speak on President Jonathan’s handling of the Boko Haram Insurgency saying that Boko Haram was not out to frustrate anyone’s political efforts.

While asked about President Jonathan’s performance while at the Ake Arts and Book Festival in Abeokuta, he said, “I rate this current administration below average.”

Obasanjo gave himself credit for helping a minority tribe become the country’s president. “Rather than take blame for bringing Jonathan to power, I should be taking credit,” he added.

Source:
http://www.heynaija.com/obasanjo-slams-jonathan-again/
Re: Obasanjo Slams Jonathan Again by Zakkyoz: 8:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
I advise this man to respect his old age and keep mum because he too fumbled when he had the opportunity of ruling this country.
Re: Obasanjo Slams Jonathan Again by blink(f): 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
jonathan keep suprising me on a daily basis as is it the same president that some people have called different name like d*ft. w**kling etc that is now doing all this. he needs to be careful else even if declared winner in 2015 he may not complete that tenure. undecided

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Tanzania’s Idris Wins Big Brother Hotshots / Which Of Dis Options Will U Use? / Why Do Most Nairalanders Enjoy Giving Off Their Location On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.