Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,811 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster (917 Views)

Tips For Creating A Successful Blog/Site / How To Be A Successful Web-developer / Tell Me The Secret Behind Being A Successful Webmaster. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
To all my webmasters. There's somthing that bothers me alot and thats when we all create and develop the usuall common sites like there is no idea again. Sorry i may be harsh but i really think if we don't sort this today 9jeria cyber world wudnt move forward. Take 4 example, we have over 5000naijaloaded clones(some have different designs) doing the same thing. How do u want to be famous and heard. Lets take our time to think more and come out with distinct ideas. Lets not rush b'cos if u do, u wud rush out. Okie fyn u may think some1 idea is trending and its similar to urs. Then spice up urs and give it unique touches dat proves creativity. Two heads are better than one, so u can team up with som1 and create somtin, dnt be a loner. Most successful geeks didnt start alone. And please take not of this: not only u got an idea so think fast and execute on time with spices to show distinction. Donot copy and paste and minimise copying. Lets think, lets discuss creativity. Post your views and anyother relevant tips. ...

1 Like

Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by taskworkrdotga: 9:55pm On Nov 26, 2014
i believe u
Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by WebHostingPal: 8:16am On Nov 27, 2014
Luedave:
To all my webmasters...

Great post, I'm going to take this a little further if you don't mind... grin

I had a lengthy conversation with a friend of mine, we were talking generally about how things can be improved in IT sector in Africa.

Just two weeks ago I was told this "Nigerians are great, but they just don't know it" If Nigerians put half of their years of education in entrepreneurship, Nigeria would have been one of the most entrepreneurial countries in the world. According to statistics, 68% of Nigeria is literate, considering you don't have to be a literate to be a successful Nigerian, so having some kind of literacy should be a massive plus.

But in Nigeria we have this sub-culture thingy going on, where people had been negatively brainwashed from early age (that one have to be educated to become somebody or before one can be accepted in the society). This is not true and it has never been true, because we know the histories of the founders of these companies Apple, Amstrad, Microsoft etc But today you are probably using one of their products or services, so if you know their stories very well you will quickly realise that we've always been fed with BS.

Just look around you, 8 in 10 people will tell you that they know at least one or two graduate friends unemployed. In western countries education is not by force you know and it has never been because there are always other things to venture into, like sports or what ever you feel that you are good at.

We need to learn to be creative in Nigeria, instead of wasting time searching for jobs that will probably not happen, you see, everybody in Nigeria want to be employed, It's like people don't want to be creative at all by the time you waited 2, 3 years if not more to get employment, you would have started something that is sufficient enough to feed you or something.

Wasting time applying for jobs put a huge strain on jobs that barely exist anyway. Otherwise what would you call it (1 vacancy, over 300 applicants), it's ridiculous. I mean how many "Oga Sirs" are you going to kiss or bribe to get a job that you are not even guaranteed?

As some people would have realised now, they can now make money online, doing one thing or the other. As a matter of fact online puts more money in people's pockets than overall and it's a fair system, because you only get what you put in.

To back the OP, it is true, we have this one way traffic thing going on. Everybody want to copy every body "word for word" and "look for look", there is nothing wrong in being motivated, but it's completely unacceptable in this digital age to go out of your way, searching for a clone of a website that you like, what's the point? You can copy stuffs, but you can't copy the mechanics of it, because nairaland is a successful website does not mean that, copying it's templates, layouts etc will make you a Kobo or get you any member.

So you need to be creative, find your own niche, pay attention to details and seek assistance from people that had been in your shoes. Work hard and be patient, don't expect results at early stage, as you know, Rome was not built in a day". Kill your pride and make more friends of similar interest. Don't ever think because you know a bit about blogging or how to setup a blogger account, you know it all.

So, go out and be creative, if you know how to create anything go ahead, grow wings, spread it and fly. Just think that if more people can be creative in Nigeria, unemployment rate will be hugely reduced, which will be a massive boost to the economy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 27, 2014
Absolutely true...
Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by WebHostingPal: 1:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
Luedave:
Absolutely true...

Hey buddy, I didn't get the content of your email, Nairaland never display email contents for some reasons..
Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 27, 2014
WebHostingPal:

Hey buddy, I didn't get the content of your email, Nairaland never display email contents for some reasons..
Oh yeah! I guess they did dat b'cos i sent it via ur profile page nd u weren't online. Can u please drop or send to my mail (dave4science@yahoo.com) ur email or whatsapp number. Thanks
Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by WebHostingPal: 8:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Luedave:
Oh yeah! I guess they did dat b'cos i sent it via ur profile page nd u weren't online. Can u please drop or send to my mail (dave4science@yahoo.com) ur email or whatsapp number. Thanks

Ok, mine is social( [@] )hostnigeria.com.ng, I believe you have a message for me, so I look forward to reading from you.

Cheers...
Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by fleps(m): 9:35pm On Nov 27, 2014
WebHostingPal, this is the message I've been preaching but peeps here seem to think they can do it alone trying to be like Linda, cloning websites here and there and opening threads upon threads asking others to review my website, review my website. Daily I Shake My Head because almost everyone here wants the 'now now' benefit of what they are doing.

Try and take a survey of all the websites people drop here and you'll notice its one of these three types of websites:

FORUM (seun)
ENTERTAINMENT (linda)
TECH (jide)

Any other webmaster here that has something different should be commended because that shows a research into passion before paying for that website

Nigerians are intelligent and intellectual. We are as well creative. But sometimes we are not wise enough to know that forming partnerships and putting heads together is one of the first steps to finding something purposeful that can fetch profit on the long run and whip up commitment into the future that'll make them proud of what they must have achieved after several years.

Seun is not doing it alone and could not do it alone (I learnt at one time he had to pay people to post); Linda has a personal assistant that possibly source for stories for her and as well do a draft post for her to just finish up with pics and in her tone; Jide as well has guest bloggers who supplement what he does and I'm sure some writers help him post as well (I may be wrong).

But where does all these takes us?

Just recycling the wannabe orbit because no one will understand what work those guys have put into what they have today until they're ready to put as much work and coming together to creatively create something.
Re: This Is The Only Way To Be A Successful Webmaster by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2014
WebHostingPal:

I hav sent u a mail...

(1) (Reply)

Calling All Top Bloggers Lets Chat Here / web / Who Else Have Noticed This On Yahoomail Today ? PICTURE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.