Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,685 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo (23457 Views)

Buhari As Ebenezer Obey Was Singing In Ogun (Photo) / Jonathan Not A Corrupt Leader – Ebenezer Babatope / Jonathan won’t contest in 2019 – Babatope (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by bruno419(m): 8:46am On Nov 27, 2014
By Henry Umoru

ABUJA- FORMER Minister of Transport, Chief Ebenezer Babatope has taken a swipe at former President Olusegun Obasanjo for criticising the administration of President Goodluck Jonathan,accusing him of being antagonistic to the government of the day.

Chief Babatope who is a member of the Board of Trustees, BoT of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said that insinuations that President Jonathan has supervised corruption in the country was completely wrong and grossly mischievous, even as he dismissed talk of President Jonathan encouraging ethnicity, insisting instead, the president is a ‘gentleman who has maintained the delicate balance of power’.
According to him, Obasanjo who had served this country should go into some comprehensive and responsible steps to help in addressing the economic situation of the country, rather than throw jabs at the system in ways that were gradually becoming unnecessary.

Chief Babatope who was reacting to chief Obasanjo’s latest comments on the president, stressed that his criticisms will stand the test of time, adding, “My attention has once again been drawn to comments by former President Olusegun Obasanjo, which are definitely antagonistic to the person of President Jonathan and also antagonistic to the PDP administration that president Jonathan heads.
“When he talked some few days ago that the performance of President Jonathan was below average, I felt so bad about it and I’m very happy that one of the major newspapers in Nigeria published my immediate reactions to that statement. I did not only say that former president Olusegun Obasanjo was wrong in bringing out those sentiment about President Jonathan but I felt that it was in bad taste and that what he said cannot stand the test of time.

Babatope said who said President Jonathan has performed well in office advised reasonable and objective minded Nigerians not to allow themselves to be misled into ‘believing matters that have no basis or connection with the reality’ particularly now that elections are near.
“With due respect to his age and the position he has held, it is wrong. Nobody has ever come out to indict President Jonathan of involving himself in acts of corruption. He has never encouraged it.

Like I said in a media chat recently, President Jonathan does not allow himself to be governed by sentiments and emotions. He allows all his functionaries to defend themselves whenever any charges are brought against them. What again do you want?”

source: www.vanguardngr.com/2014/11/stop-antagonising-jonathan-babatope-tells-obasanjo/

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 27, 2014
All these drama in politics sha undecided

1 Like

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by emmasege: 1:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Olorun orun a bukun e, Oloye Ebenezer Babatope. I think Iyabo & her younger ones need to appeal to their father to stop ridiculing himself in d public all in d name of fighting Jonathan, before he finally extinguishes d prestige that remains of that family name (obasanjo). Unfortunately for d old man, he doesn't appear to have a good bond with his numerous kids.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by jamace(m): 2:25pm On Nov 27, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by johnmartus(m): 5:11pm On Nov 27, 2014
Babatope my foot very useless old man

28 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Ebubeslym(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
what worries me is how an old man who had 11yrs to take this country to the zenith of infrastructural glory but instead looted the treasury dry is not ashamed of himself......

but rather prefers to open his rotten teeth and castigate a young man who is trying despite the series of carefuly planned terror attacks being carried out in order to discredit his competence..

yet some persons will play deaf to their conscience shouting at them and will ask us to leave the messenger and listen to his message

83 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by SlimSkipper(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
who d hell is ebenizer whatever? nd where he for waka come?

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Emmanuel950(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
Let them kONTiNUE..
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Arosam(m): 5:51pm On Nov 27, 2014
We hear
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by SuperModerator: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2014
"Chief Babatope who is a member of the Board of Trustees, BoT of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said that insinuations that President Jonathan has supervised corruption in the country was completely wrong and grossly mischievous, even as he dismissed talk of President Jonathan encouraging ethnicity, insisting instead, the president is a ‘gentleman who has maintained the delicate balance of power’"

This man can lie oh shocked

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Jerry24kay(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
Both are attention Seeker
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by isaco(m): 5:53pm On Nov 27, 2014
I haven't seen better government between the two. Obj and gej!

1 Like

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by zuma4k(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
GEJ TILL 2015!

45 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Greatomotoy: 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
ok
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Tundenoni(m): 5:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by ichidodo: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
In some quatters it is known that OBJ is a very jealous and conceited fellow...

9 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by zuma4k(m): 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
babdap:
Story for the gods.
Space booked
I will comment after eating.
SuperModerator:
Booked
Tundenoni:
Ebubeslym:
hhhd
Tundenoni:
Nairaland PRIMARIES HOLDS ON 29th Nov. 2014... you know where √√√

4 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by alVinHustle: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
These are the old men deceiving Jonathan, the falsehood Jonathan chose to sorround himself with, these men will run him down and change alliegances once they are done. But the man from Otuoke will never understand.
These men always refer to Jonathan's gentility and passivity because it puts tax payers money in their pockets, and because Jonathan never questions their excesses. As long as you remain loyal to the Otuoke man, you can have your way with anything.

May our next President emerge on the platform of intelligence. We cannot afford to maintain status quo for another four years.

48 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by eunisam: 5:55pm On Nov 27, 2014
tell him oh.
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Ojeremi(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
[/color][/b]somebody help...i dont know what to type...........simply because i have being schooled by LEBANON[color=#990000][b]
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by bokoarerams: 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
johnmartus:
not as useless as d the one dat gave birth to a low life like u

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Vicotex(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Juz bcoz Gej no gree give small slice of d national cake.
bad belle OBJ

8 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by solid3(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
Bros, go and look for a place sit down jorh. GEJ has done below average.

Sai Buhari

11 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by kendrick93(m): 5:56pm On Nov 27, 2014
obj still remains one of d worst presidents dis country hav produced

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by grandstar(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
OBJ will always speak truth to power whether it be to Babangida, Abacha, Yaradua and now Jonathan. OBJ's strict discipline left $20b in the excess crude reserves and his blood just boils watching Jonathan weak and indiscipline government mess up

18 Likes

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by Kinkale(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
This OP can lie eh... Who said babangida is a woman?? Chai
Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by viczing(m): 5:57pm On Nov 27, 2014
johnmartus:

D man is old enough to be your father, must you show people you lack home training always? angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo by condralbede(m): 5:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
Tell em babatope!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Border Closure: Mustapha Shehuri 'Nigerian Rice Farmers Smiling To The Bank' / Over 20 Killed As Explosion Rocks Sadauna Crescent, Kaduna / President Jonathan Visits Super-Eagles In Ethiopia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.