Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible (1200 Views)

Why Pork Is Prohibited In Islam [and Christanity].. Religion And Health. / A Paspective: The Lawful & The Prohibited In Islam (halal & Haram) / Interdenominational Marriage, Why Prohibited By Many Parents? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 27, 2014
It's a very clear fact that Muslims are forbidden to eat pork meat. My friend was telling me the other day that they rear pig and eat it as well, he is a Christian and he doesn't find anything wrong with eating it.

But I'm aware that even in the bible pig was called an unclean animal. Why is it being still consumed?!

recently I was lectured on the health effect of eating it and blv me its not pleasant.
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Empiree: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2014
^ Christians and modern Christians have deviated from the teachings of Jesus.

That's the problem, sir.

1 Like

Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by joseph1832(m): 9:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
Eating Pig is not unchristianly. Pig consumption was outlawed by Moses. When Jesus came he changed everything. I believe he told them that no animal is unclean rather the only think that is unclean is the negative words that comes out of a mans mouth.

Google it, you'll find the scriptural referEnce...
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Weah96: 10:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
Eat a slab of grilled barbeque ribs from Big Daddy's and see if you ever speak ill of the pig again.

That's after you wake up from sleep.

1 Like

Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by asalimpo(m): 10:26pm On Nov 27, 2014
It's islam tht pulses deception.
What you eat cannot defile you spiritually. What defiles is what issues from your heart. That's what the MASTER (Jesus) said.

Anoda verse says "gaurd your heart with all diligence for out of it comes the issues of life "

anoda verse says
"all meat are good for food and nothing to be refused if it is accepted with prayer and thanks giving" (paraphrased)

find d verses.
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:58pm On Nov 27, 2014
reminds me, I have to buy some bacon tomorrow.
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by zyzxx(m): 11:37pm On Nov 27, 2014
Empiree:
^ Christians and modern Christians have deviated from the teachings of Jesus.

That's the problem, sir.
go back to ur bible sir
D bible says, "For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost." (Romans 14:17).
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Nobody: 8:50am On Nov 28, 2014
asalimpo:

It's islam tht pulses deception.
What you eat cannot defile you spiritually. What defiles is what issues from your heart. That's what the MASTER (Jesus) said.

Anoda verse says "gaurd your heart with all diligence for out of it comes the issues of life "

anoda verse says
"all meat are good for food and nothing to be refused if it is accepted with prayer and thanks giving" (paraphrased)

find d verses.

I would like if u don't condemn another religion by calling it deceptive. I blv we can reason without calling names.

But hope u r aware abt this verse in the bible:

“Do not eat any detestable thing. These are
the animals you may eat… The pig is also
unclean; although it has a split hoof, it does
not chew the cud, you are not to eat their
meat or touch their carcasses.”
(Deuteronomy 14:3-8
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Nobody: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2014
joseph1832:
Eating Pig is not unchristianly. Pig consumption was outlawed by Moses. When Jesus came he changed everything. I believe he told them that no animal is unclean rather the only think that is unclean is the negative words that comes out of a mans mouth.

Google it, you'll find the scriptural referEnce...

Then what does the bible say in (Deuteronomy 14:3-8
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 28, 2014
Weah96:
Eat a slab of grilled barbeque ribs from Big Daddy's and see if you ever speak ill of the pig again.

That's after you wake up from sleep.

Thank you, but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by joseph1832(m): 9:22am On Nov 28, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Then what does the bible say in (Deuteronomy 14:3-8
Did you not read where I said the law of Moses? Is Deuteronomy in the new testament?.
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 28, 2014
joseph1832:
Did you not read where I said the law of Moses? Is Deuteronomy in the new testament?.

Its just like saying the bible is contradicting itself. Which I blv it isn't.

So can u give me a verse from the bible where Jesus specifically said it isn't unclean to eat pig meat...
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by chosen124: 11:03am On Nov 28, 2014
someone should please educate Muslim on the difference between old testament jew and new testament Christianity
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by joseph1832(m): 11:05am On Nov 28, 2014
Fantasywrita:

Its just like saying the bible is contradicting itself. Which I blv it isn't.

So can u give me a verse from the bible where Jesus specifically said it isn't unclean to eat pig meat...
Mark Chapter 7 Verses 15-20. Read and be enlightened!. Matt 15 Verse 11, Romans 14, Verses 1-23.
Re: Isn't Pig Also Prohibited In The Bible by Emusan(m): 11:26am On Nov 28, 2014
Fantasywrita:
It's a very clear fact that Muslims are forbidden to eat pork meat. My friend was telling me the other day that they rear pig and eat it as well, he is a Christian and he doesn't find anything wrong with eating it.

But I'm aware that even in the bible pig was called an unclean animal. Why is it being still consumed?!

recently I was lectured on the health effect of eating it and blv me its not pleasant.

Then what of eating Camel that was prohibited in the Bible and Quran allows it to the extend that Muhammad even made sacrifice of Camels?

(1) (Reply)

Miracle Of The Rosary Prayers That Saved A Nation- Soltn To Nigerias Politics / Will God Forgive Me? / And God Spoke....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.