Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? (2656 Views)

Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) / Kidnappers Of Ewang’s Wife Nabbed / SR: Exxonmobil Principal, Lakshmi Tombush And Mrs. Comfort Ewang, Regain Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 27, 2014
This was disclosed by Group Captain Sam Ewang,
the party’s Board of Trustee (BoT) member, while
declaring his intention to join the governorship in
his Mbiaso, Ikot Nya Ward 4, Nsit Ibom Local
Government Area of the state.
Addressing his supporters, including wards and
chapter executives, Ewang, said he was on a
mission to rescue the state and its people from
the malignant poverty inflicted on the people by
the outgoing Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) –
led government.
“I am ready for the governorship of Akwa Ibom
State,” he declared, amid lamentations that the
common people of the state had not benefited
from the current government since its inception in
Ewang, former military administrator in Ogun and
Rivers states, urged the people against making a
wrong choice, noting that if such mistake
repeated itself in 2015, the state would again be
plunged into another round of suffering.
“If people make the mistake again to choose the
wrong choice, suffering will continue”, he warned,
saying his bold entry into the party has forced
some far-reaching reforms to take place.
With the ranks of governorship aspirants expected
to swell to about five by Friday after the defection
of the former Secretary to the State Government
(SSG), Mr. Umana Okon Umana, from the PDP,
Ewang said APC in Akwa Ibom was no longer a
one man show.
He said he was determined to turn around the
fortunes of the State through jobs and wealth
creation, adding that his wealth of experience as
former Military Administrators in two States would
provide the magic wand to address some complex
development challenges confronting the State.
“Within three months of my assumption of office
as the Governor, the people of the State will fell
the positive impact of my administration. Three
months in office, I will create something that will
give people jobs; I am going to industrialize the
State because we have a lot of things to make
things happen in the State”, he stressed.
Ewang, who contested the same governorship
position under the All Nigeria Peoples Party
(ANPP) in 2007 and 2011, recalled that his resolve
not to quit the race led to the kidnap of his wife,
adding that no amount of threat would deter him
from prosecuting his governorship agenda to the
letter.
“My determination to contest the election led to
the kidnapping of my wife for 28 days’, he
lamented and urged new members to make
themselves available for registration in line with
the party’s directive

tribune.com.ng/news/news-headlines/item/22603-5-aspirants-in-line-as-apc-plots-take-over-of-a-ibom

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by pendicle: 6:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sam Ewang was to the ANPP what John Udoedeghe was to the ACN. Tinubu and Buhari and also okorocha's faction of APGA did this nation a great deal of good with their resolve to join forces and take on the PDP.

The Logo adopted by the APC also smack of good thinking . A broom stick can't make any clean change but a little bunch of broom can sure do wonders.

Kudos to those true Democrats for the wise decision, you guys have given Nigeria a new hope and a responsible and responsive alternative.

3 Likes

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
DREAM ON!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

OPPOSITION ARE PRACTICALLY DEAD IN AKWAIBOM STATE.

10 Likes

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Alphaoscar: 6:08pm On Nov 27, 2014
Ewang can't turn anything around in akwa-ibom. it will be a great mistake for APC to choose Ewang as its governorship candidate. he was a massive failure in Ogun state during his time. Akwa- ibom deserve the best and APC should give them the best for that much desirable change to occur.

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Edygrin(m): 6:14pm On Nov 27, 2014
Which Akwa Ibom please?
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by obamartins(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Same Group Capt Sam Ewang that stole Rivers State Revenue blindly as Military Administrator rescuing what? Damn! I remember as a student in Port Harcourt, we chased these thief out of power with massive protest. Ok o. Now he is a progressive too. Na wah o.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Nov 27, 2014
pendicle:
Sam Ewang was to the ANPP what John Udoedeghe was to the ACN. Tinubu and Buhari and also okorocha's faction of APGA did this nation a great deal of good with their resolve to join forces and take on the PDP.

The Logo adopted by the APC also smack of good thinking . A broom stick can't make any clean change but a little bunch of broom can sure do wonders.

Kudos to those true Democrats for the wise decision, you guys have given Nigeria a new hope and a responsible and responsive alternative.
I had high hopes on Udoedeghe in 2011, i honestly don't know what went wrong, the APC needs to deploy enough monitors in states like benue, kogi, taraba and Akwa Ibom, those states were massively rigged in 2011.

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 27, 2014
Alphaoscar:
Ewang can't turn anything around in akwa-ibom. it will be a great mistake for APC to choose Ewang as its governorship candidate. he was a massive failure in Ogun state during his time. Akwa- ibom deserve the best and APC should give them the best for that much desirable change to occur.
I thought he did well in Ogun, anyways i hope Udoedeghe still has the following he had in 2011. Ewang should be in his 60s

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2014
obamartins:
Same Group Capt Sam Ewang that stole Rivers State Revenue blindly as Military Administrator rescuing what? Damn! I remember as a student in Port Harcourt, we chased these thief out of power with massive protest. Ok o. Now he is a progressive too. Na wah o.
Interesting.

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by chimerase2: 6:47pm On Nov 27, 2014
How is APC tinking of ruling akwa ibom undecided

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by pendicle: 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2014
Obiagelli:

I had high hopes on Udoedeghe in 2011, i honestly don't know what went wrong, the APC needs to deploy enough monitors in states like benue, kogi, taraba and Akwa Ibom, those states were massively rigged in 2011.

I was on the ground in Akwa ibom in 2011 in eket then and I witnessed firsthand how the vote was massively rigged with the connivance of youth corpers and security agencies.

The mob action at uyo state secretariat also played to the advantage of akpabio who used that to police the state and prevent opposition from moving around and they were hounded on framed up charges. Udoedeghe was fighting for his freedom from the police and DSS and so was out of the state. The PDP had a field day rigging as much as they could.

2 Likes

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 27, 2014
pendicle:

I was on the ground in Akwa ibom in 2011 in eket then and I witnessed firsthand how the vote was massively rigged with the connivance of youth corpers and security agencies.

The mob action at uyo state secretariat also played to the advantage of akpabio who used that to police the state and prevent opposition from moving around and they were hounded on framed up charges. Udoedeghe was fighting for his freedom from the police and DSS and so was out of the state. The PDP had a field day rigging as much as they could.
Very true, i remember Udoedeghe was arrested by the police, like i said earlier i don't know how apc lost but i am sure it was intimidation, cultist were kings then. I hope it turns out differently this time. I hope Ewang and Udoedeghe join forces for the greater good.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by pendicle: 7:09pm On Nov 27, 2014
Obiagelli:

Very true, i remember Udoedeghe was arrested by the police, like i said earlier i don't know how apc lost but i am sure it was intimidation, cultist were kings then. I hope it turns out differently this time. I hope Ewang and Udoedeghe join forces for the greater good.

There is also umana umana and nsima ekere and others aggrieved people who felt cheated during the last delegates election.

The feeling of marginalisation by the Oro Nation is also a factor against the PDP with the likes of Larry Esin and robinson uwak leading the charge from the oron end. Udom emmanuel is an ordained candidate of akpabio and he akpabio forgot he was a candidate of the people then against Attah's decision to handover to his son in law, he is now threading same path .

It is a pity politicians never learn from history .

3 Likes

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Nov 27, 2014
pendicle:

There is also umana umana and nsima ekere and others aggrieved people who felt cheated during the last delegates election.

The feeling of marginalisation by the Oro Nation is also a factor against the PDP with the likes of Larry Esin and robinson uwak leading the charge from the oron end. Udom emmanuel is an ordained candidate of akpabio and he akpabio forgot he was a candidate of the people then against Attah's decision to handover to his son in law, he is now threading same path .

It is a pity politicians never learn from history .
Well said, it should be an interesting election.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Nov 27, 2014
I sincerely believe the APC won't win either the governorship or presidential election in Akwa Ibom. AI is one of those states that are thoroughly one-party states, just like Enugu.

BTW, any news on the State that will host APC's national convention?
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by p3ndy79: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2014
CFCfan:
I sincerely believe the APC won't win either the governorship or presidential election in Akwa Ibom. AI is one of those states that are thoroughly one-party states, just like Enugu.

BTW, any news on the State that will host APC's national convention?

Lagos will clinch it, it is the flagship of the opposition and its poster boy for responsive governance.

The party is looking at Teslim Balogun stadium but still concern about vehicular movement AMD arrangement for it. Probably make use of the parking lot of the national stadium at surulere. The national stadium is in such a bad state else it would have been the best location. But no definite decision yet though .

The committee still working

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2014
p3ndy79:

Lagos will clinch it, it is the flagship of the opposition and its poster boy for responsive governance.

The party is looking at Teslim Balogun stadium but still concern about vehicular movement AMD arrangement for it. Probably make use of the parking lot of the national stadium at surulere. The national stadium is in such a bad state else it would have been the best location. But no definite decision yet though .

The committee still working
Ok. Lagos will be a great choice. The 10,000+ delegates would fill up the Teslim stadium nicely. But as you said, the traffic snarl on that day could be something else.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by GODDYGEE91(m): 8:32pm On Nov 27, 2014
Sam Ewang is a perpetual loser just like Buhari. He has contested several elections n failed in all.
I will sugest anoda candidate b filled but I dont think APC wud eva win an election in my state.

2 Likes

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by donmalcolm21(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
The impossibilty of APC winning Akwa ibom is like Gej loosing the presidency. Obiagheli dream on cos its allowed. Yeye dey smell

2 Likes

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by donmalcolm21(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2014
The impossibilty of APC winning Akwa ibom is like Gej loosing the presidency. Obiagheli dream on cos its allowed.

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Caseless: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2014
pendicle:

is udoedeghe still in the race? 'cos i cud remember he was a force in d election he contested. I'd go for him(udoedeghe) or Umana.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by pendicle: 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2014
Caseless:
is udoedeghe still in the race? 'cos i cud remember he was a force in d election he contested. I'd go for him(udoedeghe) or Umana.

Won't know except I confirm from friends still in eket if he's running. I heard there is a clamour for power shift to the oron people though I don't know if there is momentum behind them cos I heard the udom is still ibibio.

The oron people are marginalised in the state and they are always edge out and consumed by the majority tribes. If it is zoned then he may not be contesting.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by udemzyudex(m): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2014
Obiagelli:

I had high hopes on Udoedeghe in 2011, i honestly don't know what went wrong, the APC needs to deploy enough monitors in states like benue, kogi, taraba and Akwa Ibom , those states were massively rigged in 2011.

pls if you don't know what to say just keep quiet haba...

You had high hopes on udoedeghe in Akwa ibom?
Funny....
APC can't rule Akwa ibom.... #fact
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by kabasa77(m): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2014
Udom is The next governor of AkS!
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by nigerianvenom(m): 10:12pm On Nov 27, 2014
see as them deh debate about my state where dem never visit.
so na thief sam ewang and thug john udoedehe weh apc get for akwa ibom
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by nationwide1(m): 10:34pm On Nov 27, 2014
chukwudi44:
DREAM ON!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin

OPPOSITION ARE PRACTICALLY DEAD IN AKWAIBOM STATE.
. Well said bro. As I always say, there is no opposition in that state because PDP runs in their blood. I was there in 2011 and all the noise of Udoedeghe ended in unimaginable defeat.

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Caseless: 6:59am On Nov 28, 2014
pendicle:

Won't know except I confirm from friends still in eket if he's running. I heard there is a clamour for power shift to the oron people though I don't know if there is momentum behind them cos I heard the udom is still ibibio.

The oron people are marginalised in the state and they are always edge out and consumed by the majority tribes. If it is zoned then he may not be contesting.
thank u.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by rozayx5(m): 7:06am On Nov 28, 2014
kabasa77:
Udom is The next governor of AkS!

WORD
he will make a better Governor than Akpabio

as for APC their only presence in the State is their their tiny office on atiku grin
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by tuffgongjo(m): 7:15am On Nov 28, 2014
obamartins:
This is Nigeria the home for "ALL".
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 28, 2014
Caseless:
He picked the APC form last month.
Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Caseless: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2014
Obiagelli:

He picked the APC form last month.
brilliant move! We need him in d race. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Can Sam Ewang Defeat The Pdp In Akwa Ibom? by Truckpusher(m): 7:43am On Nov 28, 2014
Talk of tall dreams. grin

(1) (Reply)

YES : ATIKU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! / (photo) Alao Akala Proves He Is The Man Of The Masses, Symbol Of Peace / APC Rejects May 28 Handover Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.