Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,615 members, 7,823,682 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

What Is Black Friday? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / What Is Black Friday? (32712 Views)

What You Need To Know About 2015 'Black Friday' Sales / 'black Friday': Police Called To Supermarket Crowds! / Jumia Black Friday: Double Awoof Vouchers + Warehouse Run (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Black Friday? by Ololanla: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2014
Friday that is not white
Re: What Is Black Friday? by sukkot: 10:36am On Nov 28, 2014
a day of darkness. as the sons of men go out to fulfill all their fleshly lusts cry
Re: What Is Black Friday? by englishmart(m): 10:36am On Nov 28, 2014
silvermania:
sorry where I am now in Edo state NEPA hasn't interrupt power for 1 weekr u in nigeria?
no I'm in Somalia
Re: What Is Black Friday? by born2boink(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2014
Black Friday no bi by force

Re: What Is Black Friday? by hismond(m): 10:39am On Nov 28, 2014
iykofias:
y shuld naija outlets follow suit wen wot is bn practiced isnt our traditional. Lemme ask u, av d whites eva celebrated new yam festival,huh?

sorry man, it is not a tradition, it is a sales strategy of giving back to the people. It was called black because their profit runs from red to black. Nigeria can't do the same all the time cuz people don't joke with their money in dis part of d world lol
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2014
ill tell u what black friday is in uk. in uk it is a day when poor people wait by the shop all nite and than fight with other customers to get shiitt cheaper because can't afford it on normal day.
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Nobody: 10:42am On Nov 28, 2014
A day to purchase Awoof goods cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is Black Friday? by uchihahinata: 10:44am On Nov 28, 2014
be it black or not. Awoof plenty. That was how I woke up early in da morning to buy something, bis expired, renewed it and entered to buy the same thing. It was already sold out!!!!! cry. Today is just d day+end of month salary smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Black Friday? by Celmatador(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2014
wats good abt the black friday when i still can't buy samsung s4 for 30k? Either frm konga or jumai ?
Re: What Is Black Friday? by tranxo(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2014
voodoo85:
ill tell u what black friday is in uk. in uk it is a day when poor people wait by the shop all nite and than fight with other customers to get shiitt cheaper because can't afford it on normal day.
Hmmmm, black English.
Re: What Is Black Friday? by delmavic(m): 10:44am On Nov 28, 2014
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Nobody: 10:48am On Nov 28, 2014
englishmart:
no I'm in Somalia
lol.
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 28, 2014
justi4jesu:

Walmart.com

Amazon.com

Ebay.comk

Aeropostale. Com

All cheap items available.
is amazon.com now shipping to nigeria?I will be happy if they now ship to nigeria ooo...
Re: What Is Black Friday? by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:56am On Nov 28, 2014
naturefellow:
Black Friday is the last Friday before Thanksgiving. The date marks the beginning of shopping for the Christmas season. It is not common practice in Nigeria.

"after"

3 Likes

Re: What Is Black Friday? by iykofias(m): 10:58am On Nov 28, 2014
hismond:

sorry man, it is not a tradition, it is a sales strategy of giving back to the people. It was called black because their profit runs from red to black. Nigeria can't do the same all the time cuz people don't joke with their money in dis part of d world lol
nah nah, ur stil contradicting common sense. Every nigeria business outlet does promo every now n then, must it all b shifted today because the westerners does theirs today?
D phone i'm current usin was bought last chrismas period wit 8k dicount at park n shop. All am sayin is Lets do our tin n let them do theirs, its pissing hearing pple cryin out for collabor

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Black Friday? by Bamz(m): 10:59am On Nov 28, 2014
justi4jesu:

Walmart.com

Amazon.com

Ebay.comk

Aeropostale. Com

All cheap items available.

Asos.com ships to Nigeria too
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Aida13: 11:01am On Nov 28, 2014
Black Friday is a day of crazy sales....most women like me will understand the value lol. But just like Halloween, Thanksgiving and all those Westernized stuff...it's not really our culture to give mega sales like that. Look at Jumai...online now they are claiming Ipad Mini at #29k, Blackberry Passport at half price, Z10 at 16k etc but when you try to click, they say sold out in just 10 seconds. Na wa. Been trying to buy at least one phone for my lil sis but no dice.
Re: What Is Black Friday? by melotreaah(m): 11:02am On Nov 28, 2014
**Black Friday is the day following Thanksgiving Day in the United States (the 4th Thursday of November), often regarded as the beginning of the Christmas ** na wetin dey tell us be dat ooo
Re: What Is Black Friday? by melotreaah(m): 11:03am On Nov 28, 2014
Aida13:
Black Friday is a day of crazy sales....most women like me will understand the value lol. But just like Halloween, Thanksgiving and all those Westernized stuff...it's not really our culture to give mega sales like that. Look at Jumai...online now they are claiming Ipad Mini at #29k, Blackberry Passport at half price, Z10 at 16k etc but when you try to click, they say sold out in just 10 seconds. Na wa. Been trying to buy at least one phone for my lil sis but no dice.
ohhh where u guys can purchase a dozen of pant f0r #50! ok i get
Re: What Is Black Friday? by henrydan(m): 11:06am On Nov 28, 2014
I made the most out of Black Friday last year,I already started saving dollars since the beginning of this year,so as to shop on some of my favourite US sites(Walmart,Bestybuy,Amazon,Zappos,Gap,Blue Navy etc)...last night I placed some orders which will be arriving some time next week. Trust me,Black Friday is the best time to shop cos you get to enjoy some crazy discount I tell you. Imagine a TM Lewin shirt that sells for $48.00 being sold for $32.00(if you're buying five of it)...How's that?
Re: What Is Black Friday? by melotreaah(m): 11:08am On Nov 28, 2014
henrydan:
I made the most out of Black Friday last year,I already started saving dollars since the beginning of this year,so as to shop on some of my favourite US sites(Walmart,Bestybuy,Amazon,Zappos,Gap,Blue Navy etc)...last night I placed some orders which will be arriving some time next week. Trust me,Black Friday is the best time to shop cos you get to enjoy some crazy discount I tell you. Imagine a TM Lewin shirt that sells for $48.00 being sold for $32.00(if you're buying five of it)...How's that?
mscheeew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Black Friday? by benemmanuel: 11:10am On Nov 28, 2014
Is typing a message...
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Aida13: 11:12am On Nov 28, 2014
melotreaah:
ohhh where u guys can purchase a dozen of pant f0r #50! ok i get

Sorry that's not the essence of Black Friday. It's getting to buy expensive items at a cheaper rate than you can dream of. Those dozen pants for #50 sales happen every other day. But Black Friday sales is for the mega stuff we've been dreaming to buy but the prices were discouraging. So I hope you've learned something new today. Smart women wait for mega sales and buy those cool designer items unlike guys who blindly buy any day tongue
Re: What Is Black Friday? by bitrhyme(m): 11:15am On Nov 28, 2014
Black friday z jst dt friday wen u lost ur wallet nd had to trek a long distance back home under d sun to find out dt ur siblings forgot to drop d house key for u smwia nd u jst stand outside FUMING wit rage.

Re: What Is Black Friday? by melotreaah(m): 11:22am On Nov 28, 2014
Aida13:

Sorry that's not the essence of Black Friday. It's getting to buy expensive items at a cheaper rate than you can dream of. Those dozen pants for #50 sales happen every other day. But Black Friday sales is for the mega stuff we've been dreaming to buy but the prices were discouraging. So I hope you've learned something new today. Smart women wait for mega sales and buy those cool designer items unlike guys who blindly buy any day tongue
buhaaaaaaaahahaaaa so u can get a dozen of pant for #20 now since its black friday...haba gals!! smh
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Edigrows: 11:22am On Nov 28, 2014
There's A thread here asking us How many of us will Partake in BLACKFRIDAY >>> https://www.nairaland.com/2015296/how-many-us-here-partake

I don Load my wallet... grin grin grin after i buy cheap on Blackfriday, will go and sell some at Alaba international market later
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Aida13: 11:27am On Nov 28, 2014
melotreaah:
buhaaaaaaaahahaaaa so u can get a dozen of pant for #20 now since its black friday...haba gals!! smh

lol oooh I see I guess that's what your gf/sis does and that's why you know so much....woman wrapper good one grin grin
Re: What Is Black Friday? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:27am On Nov 28, 2014
Where are the French students?... Hope "black Friday" is celebrated in France?
Re: What Is Black Friday? by justi4jesu(f): 11:29am On Nov 28, 2014
wakacome:
is amazon.com now shipping to nigeria?I will be happy if they now ship to nigeria ooo...

Dont think so, you ship to a US Address for onward shipping to Nigeria.
Re: What Is Black Friday? by justi4jesu(f): 11:30am On Nov 28, 2014
benemmanuel:
Is typing a message...

copy cat! angry angry angry
Re: What Is Black Friday? by Natifa(f): 11:32am On Nov 28, 2014
nekaa:
All week I av wondered wat this meant
same here
Re: What Is Black Friday? by lonelydora: 11:33am On Nov 28, 2014
englishmart:
today is Friday. There's no light throughout my neighbourhood. So it's a black Friday.

In dictionary's words" compare "black virgin"
"black Maria" black Devil "
"Blackmail ."
"Blackout "

Ftc though. But I don't give a fvck
I never knew they also take light in France? Abi u no dey school for France again?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thank God I'm Now Married..... Pictures / Couple Take Their Wedding Photos To Chaya Mountain In China (Photos) / Couple Hold Their Church Wedding And Reception At A Beach In Lagos. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.