Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,992 members, 7,821,461 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment (1271 Views)

Aminu Tambuwal And Wife, Maryam Mairo Mustapha (Photos) / Aminu Tambuwal Marries Maryam Mairo-Mustapha (Photos) / Withdrawal Of Security Aids: Tambuwal Withdraws Suit Against IGP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by dguyindcorner(m): 2:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
A news reaching us here says The speaker of the house of representative Alh. Aminu Tambuwal has filed a suit requesting the inspector general of police to be imprisoned for recent happenings including intruding the National Assembly and failing to regard him as the speaker to the Federal High Court...

**modified**

Speaker of Nigeria's House of
Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal
has filed an application urging a
Federal High court to commit the
Inspector General of Police,
Suleiman Abba for alleged
contempt of court.

Abba had refused to acknowledge
Tambuwal as the Speaker of
Nigeria's lower legislative house
while being probed by lawmakers
on the fracas at the National
Assembly last week.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by nwala85: 2:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
dguyindcorner:
A news reaching us here says The speaker of the house of representative Alh. Aminu Tambuwal has filed a suit requesting the inspector general of police to be imprisoned for recent happenings including intruding the National Assembly and failing to regard him as the speaker to the Federal High Court...

**modified**

Speaker of Nigeria's House of
Representatives, Aminu Tambuwal
has filed an application urging a
Federal High court to commit the
Inspector General of Police,
Suleiman Abba for alleged
contempt of court.

Abba had refused to acknowledge
Tambuwal as the Speaker of
Nigeria's lower legislative house
while being probed by lawmakers
on the fracas at the National
Assembly last week.
what a caricature of an Honorable ?

Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by holatin(m): 3:00pm On Nov 28, 2014
yes dat where e belong
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Abiolainfo: 3:04pm On Nov 28, 2014
Its just like ;Tambuwal telling the soldiers to arrest Jonathan; it's a mission impossible, next story pls smiley
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2014
Tambuwal wasting court time again

The IG withdrew Tambuwal's security because he does not recognise him as Speaker. Tambuwal went to court challenging the IG but withdrew his own case.

Now he wants to charge the same IG for not using the word speaker in addressing him?

When will the court slam Tambuwal with a fine for wasting the courts time
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Nobody: 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
Abiolainfo:
Its just like ;Tambuwal telling the soldiers to arrest Jonathan; it's a mission impossible, next story pls smiley

My dear where were you when policemen dragged Tafa Balogun (then IGP) on the floor for refusing arrest?

Nuhu Ribadu was only a junior officer. For your info, if not for immunity that a president has, the Court can order for any arrest of anybody at all, even a royal king...in case you don't know. The court is the highest authority in the land..don't be deceived by the gra-gra of politicians o. ..unless you can bribe the court otherwise..na bege for anybody . even during military rule, they dare not abrogate the courts.

Ki eni ba leti ko gbo
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Abiolainfo: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
BiHung:

My dear where were you when policemen dragged Tafa Balogun (then IGP) on the floor for refusing arrest?

Nuhu Ribadu was only a junior officer. For your info, if not for immunity that a president has, the Court can order for any arrest of anybody at all, even a royal king...in case you don't know. The court is the highest authority in the land..don't be deceived by the gra-gra of politicians o. ..unless you can bribe the court otherwise..na bege for anybody . even during military rule, they dare not abrogate the courts.

Ki eni ba leti ko gbo

cheesy nice one but that was the Nigeria of then. Even the constitution is been turn upside down and you're here acting as if you're from another planet. grin
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Nobody: 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2014
Abiolainfo:

cheesy nice one but that was the Nigeria of then. Even the constitution is been turn upside town and you're here acting as if you're from another planet. grin
And what makes you think I'm not from another planet. Ejor o. ai kant souti o
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Abiolainfo: 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
BiHung:

And what makes you think I'm not from another planet. Ejor o. ai kant souti o

United State of Agbado Ijaiye abi grin cheesy
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by desgiezd(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
mikeansy:
Tambuwal wasting court time again
The IG withdrew Tambuwal's security because he does not recognise him as Speaker. Tambuwal went to court challenging the IG but withdrew his own case.
Now he wants to charge the same IG for not using the word speaker in addressing him?
When will the court slam Tambuwal with a fine for wasting the courts time

There were two cases in court,

Case 1: This was to stop the PDP from reconvening the House before the set Dec 3rd (You know, PDP was urging the Deputy Speaker to reconvene the House so that they could engineer Tambuwal's impeachment and Tambuwal went to Court to stop the Party and the Deputy Speaker from carrying out their plan - the Court ruled that the status quo should be maintained till the House will reconvene on Dec 3rd, meaning that Tambuwal should also remain as speaker.

Case 2: Tambuwal sued the Police when his security details were withdrawn but he withdrew the case because the security details were reinstated immediately after the ruling in Case no. 1.

It is very wrong for the IG to say he can not recognise Tambuwal as Speaker of the House even when he is aware of that court ruling. That is a contempt of court and its a shame when one considers the fact that the IG is a lawyer.
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
Abiolainfo:

United State of Agbado Ijaiye abi grin cheesy

Ogbeni Abiola park well o, you know I know your father...I will just report you
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by Abiolainfo: 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
BiHung:

Ogbeni Abiola park well o, you know I know your father...I will just report you

Ajimobi is not my father cheesy grin
Re: Aminu Tambuwal File A Suit Against IGP Asking For His Imprisonment by ozoigbondu: 3:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
i just dey laugh at tambolo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

President Goodluck Jonathan Will Lose 2015 Election Unless God Intervenes / PDP DTHA Primaries At Ethiope East L.G.A. Of Delta State / PDP Presidential Rally In Osogbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.