Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,453 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) (35382 Views)

An Open Letter To OAU School Management By A Student / Photos: OAU Students Protest Over President Jonathan's Visit / An Eyewitness Account: How Female Suicide Bomber Entered FCE Kontagora (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by bobbyspeed(m): 2:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Irrespective of the divide you belong APC, PDP, SDP, UPN or English grammar party EGP as some are trying to claim I sabi English pass on this kind platform where post are hurriedly made without proof reading in most cases and as such makes no one insulated from what to me is inadvertent grammatical error which could be avoided in an official working atmosphere.

All the roforofo fights, abuses and mudslidings on NL will not bring GEJ or GMD to power come 2015 without you taking steps to ensure that you have your PVC to vote your right choice of candidate in full power of franchise given to you by the constitution of Nigeria. may I ask have you registered and or collect your permanent voters card?

It doesn't make a good intellectual debate when personalities are attacked instead of issues as its seen on NL.

Using uncouth language and abusing parents to canvass view shows the level of moral decadence in Nigeria of today.
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by hausadreturn(m): 3:14pm On Nov 30, 2014
PrinceMario:
Obasanjo,Ribadu,Bayo Ojo(SAN) and lots of them has been booed by OAU students in the past,so if Jonathan come tomorrow,we'll do the same. We don't welcome oppressor here. Obansanjo was booed in 1999 and also in 2002 when a particular student walked up to him and warned him never to recontest in 2003 but he did. lo,he gave the student that warned not to recontest 2003 election an appointment in the federal level when he won the election but he(obasanjo) dodge every appointment that could bring him to OAU campus before he left office.
so bro,bro Jona's case is indifferent.
if his case is no different, where exactly does that put us? We were supposed to be applauding and hailing him, not the booing, pelting stones, etc.
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by jaryeh(m): 3:28pm On Nov 30, 2014
hausadreturn:
'he was stoned by angry students'...
let me get this straight.
Why exactly were students angry?

I think the same reason why some students protested. I hope you get it now. I saw it myself.
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by DaBullIT(m): 3:34pm On Nov 30, 2014
gbanj0:
VERY NEAT EUROPEAN USED NOTEBOOKS

[size=20pt]HP ELITEBOOK 6930p[/size]
PROCESSOR: Core2Duo P8400 @ 2.26GHZ
GPU: Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 4550MHD)
RAM: 2GB
HARD DISK: 250GB SATA
WEBCAM: NO
FINGERPRINT: YES
USB: x 3
WI-FI: YES
BLUETOOTH: YES
HDMI: NO
FIREWIRE: YES (for NLE)
SCREEN SIZE: 14.1"
DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 1280 x 800
PRICE: N40, 000
QUANTITY: 40 (12 left)
OPINION:
We all know Core2Duo is an old processor, but not the type this baby is equipped with, capable of doing all that daily computer needs of yours from desktop publishing; CorelDrawing to watching movies even at 1080p despite not having an HDMI port to display Pro Evolution Soccer on that beautiful flatscreen of yours. Tsk! Yes I am saying this chocolate can run PES2009-2013 nicely at a decent resolution, and if you're the type who's just breaking into video editing, this is your best bet regarding that very tight budget of yours.

[size=20pt]HP ELITEBOOK 8530p[/size]
PROCESSOR: Core2Duo T9600 @ 2.80GHZ
GPU: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
HARD DISK: 250GB SATA
WEBCAM: YES
USB: x 4 + 1 eSATA = 5 USBs
HDMI: YES
SCREEN SIZE: 15.4"
DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 1680 x 1050
PRICE: N42, 000
QUANTITY: 35 (7 left)
OPINION:
This contender to the EliteBook 6930p is in some respect better than some core i3s laptop irrespective of their power efficiency. At 15.4", spotting a resolution higher than that of my personal core i7 HP, this grizzly bear is ready to devour most task you throw at it. With its 5 USBs it's the ideal model for those who have reason to plug every available USB devices to their system from your printer, modem, bed scanner, wireless mouse, game pad, usb-to-phone cable charger etc

[size=20pt]HP G62[/size]
PROCESSOR: Core i3-350M
HARD DISK: 320GB
PRICE: N43, 000
QTY IN STOCK: 2 left
OPINION:
Equipped with 2 Logical cores running @ 2.27GHZ this beauty is more than suitable for basic computer needs, it will run your usual Mircrosoft Office package with ease, while multitasking on other application such listening to your .mp3 musicals on Windows MediaPlayer. Given it's GPU technology it will run PC-games like Need4Speed, FEAR, DOOM-3 smoothly.

[size=20pt]HP ELITEBOOK 8440p[/size]
PROCESSOR: Core i5 520M @ 2.40GHZ
GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) HD Graphics
RAM: 4GB
HARD DISK: 750GB SATA
WEBCAM: YES with Keyboard lighter
USB: x 3
SCREEN SIZE: 14.0"
DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 1366 x 768
PRICE: N53, 000
OPINION:
Now this hog is what you want if your pocket money isn't enough to grab you that core i7 you've been so desirous of. This core-i5 equipped Elitebook from HP is packed with the hardware features more than an average Nigeria user requires, at N53K with a whooping 750GB SATA HD, coupled with a firewire and an HDMI port, well it's more than a bargain.

[size=20pt]HP ELITEBOOK 8460p[/size]
PROCESSOR: Core i5 520M @ 2.53GHZ
GPU: Intel HD 3000
RAM: 4GB
HARD DISK: 750GB SATA
WEBCAM: YES with Keyboard lighter
USB: x 4
SCREEN SIZE: 14.0"
DISPLAY RESOLUTION: 1600 x 900
PRICE: N56, 000
OPINION:
Okay, if the 8440p above isn't enough to slack your computer taste, then this beast is the highest core i5 we've got for you in store, at 1600 x 900 resolution driven by an Intel HD 3000, I bet it will run PC games that are quite nore demanding than F.E.A.R., Far Cry 2, I am talking of PC games such as Crysis, Crysis Warhead, Pro Evo Soccer 2013 (at full screen low res), Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Ghost Recon - Advance Warfighter 1 and 2, etc, and if these can run all those and more, why won't it render your 3D animation scenes/image in a timely manner?, moreover watching an high-def content on this laptop is more or less superb. Enough said, peeps are rushing these laptops, buy yours now while it last.

CALL:
[size=15pt]RICHARD[/size] ON [size=15pt]0813-727-3829[/size]

image upload coming soon HERE

Congratulations. You be just been banned
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by smallrincowis16(m): 3:46pm On Nov 30, 2014
[quote author=yourmmyo8 post=28465975]@supermoderator u said cheap educations right ... I think u need to rethink ,@smallrincowis16 nice one bro English no b my papa language ... Make them professors in Eng

thanks bro. I think you can understand me well.
I am using Google typing. so whenever I'm typing it automatically reproduce is own similar word.
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by golddeejay(m): 3:49pm On Nov 30, 2014
gunners160:
I dislike I.t.k.s like u.Whether his english is bad or worst,the most important thing is that you got his message.Mr english,eat and die with your odious behaviour
ok...i really dont mention pple lyk u. U always take correction d wrong way. Nobody is perfect, I have bn corrected severally both online and offline and i make sure i dont make the same mistake twice. I didnt mock the poster (i even added 'no offence pls') n m sure he understands...

So back off
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by smallrincowis16(m): 3:53pm On Nov 30, 2014
jaryeh:

I think the same reason why some students protested. I hope you get it now. I saw it myself.
I think the main reason was the activities that was paralysed and the hike in the school fees
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by johndarey(m): 5:57pm On Nov 30, 2014
PweetyHitee:
Jesus! Dahs me nd my frnd
lolz...are u cwioz?...
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by johndarey(m): 6:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
Jarus:
As an ex-student of Great Ife, this is my conclusion from all accounts I have read.

1, Yes, there were protests and booing but it was not by the majority of students.

2, Majority of students were more interested in sighting the president than in protesting.

3, The Students Union did the right thing by presenting that letter. Moral suasion is acceptable form of engagement anywhere in the world.

4, While there is nothing wrong in Union leaders taking photograph with the President, even if you don't agree with his policies, especially on an occasion that is rare like that, what is wrong is the demeanour of the leaders as they were seen in the picture: opening their whole 32 and giving impression that were overawed by the opportunity. It doesn't speak well of Union Leaders of Great Ife, if anyone knows the history of Great Ife. Bamidele Aturu, a former Great Ife student union leader, refused to shake Military Governor Lawan Gwadabe on his POP day as his protest against military in 1988 when he did his NYSC in the state. This is the stuff of Ife Union leaders.

5, All accounts are correct: there were demonstration and chanting of ole by not-so-many students and there were those that wanted to see the President and didn't care about protest.

6, The Student Union leaders were only trying to be politically correct or not wanting anyone to pour sand into their Garri or believed such report could (especially carried by SR) could be counterproductive to their letter, with their press release that said those that protested were sponsored or were not students.

Maximum respect! God bless u sir. I so much love ur deep sense of reasoning!...proud of u as a senior friend!
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Igrigrigun: 6:41pm On Nov 30, 2014
johndarey:

Maximum respect! God bless u sir. I so much love ur deep sense of reasoning!...proud of u as a senior friend!

Olayinka, be truthful and stop this nonsense
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Iyanuasele: 6:44pm On Nov 30, 2014
Was it a peaceful solidarity? I asked myself if OAU students were violent against GEJ, will the solders be looking as lucosade?
I love great Ife students, they always lay legacy, but, how true was it? Was GEJ stoned? Let's leave this yeye talk and let's discuss about how well not how far, whether he was happened or not, the did as already been done.
Let the will of God be done in Nigeria, oh Lord!
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 30, 2014
I know OAU students very well and what they are capable of doing. That they did all those things to the president can't be a lie and that they opposed the president in his presence can't be a lie. I was not there but i know their worth. I also remember when as an undergraduate student (not OAU) how we stood against many government policies, IMF policies and many inhuman, draconian policies. I could also remember the impact of students in "Ali must go" which led to the death of Kunle Adepeju (U.I) and Ali was consequently removed. I know revolution in this country is imminent. Mass protest is coming very soon, we did it against military and we succeeded, we will surely mark success in this one as well. it happened in China and many countries of the world, it will surely happen in Nigeria if things do not change.

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Pavarottii(m): 10:08pm On Nov 30, 2014
I think NTA will show it today by 10:30
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Oluwaplumpie(m): 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2014
English is your problem. #okbye
smallrincowis16:
what a concocted lie as old as you are..... or let me say you are displaying your partisanship because of your sadistic behaviour
I as a student in the campus was there why students protested.... as I have exam at PGLT... in the morning...
as accounted for little people know when exactly the President enter... but what's is for sure is that he enter through the gate... as against what people expected.
promo keep shouting ""thief"" "thief" as of the time I was there till I went to the mosque for him at prayer.....
I was told by clean source that one student threw some at him as it is accounted for by all the students I left there.
so why did you see your source
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by PrinceMario(m): 10:12pm On Nov 30, 2014
hausadreturn:
Unbelievable. When Prof. Omole increased the fees people said all sorts of things, and yet, no one has ever had the stuguts to boo him on many occassions that they see him. If u cannot boo Prof. Omole, no one has the right to boo His Excellency. Whether OAU students like it or not - he's the president and a president must be respected.
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by IgrigiMercenery: 11:51pm On Nov 30, 2014
Igrigrigun:

Olayinka, is it because of peanuts that u have decided to betray your soul.

**grins** Care to identify yourself? lipsrsealedlipsrsealedlipsrsealed
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by johndarey(m): 12:21am On Dec 01, 2014
Igrigrigun:

Abi oloriburuku ni eleyi ni...ur free 2 open ur own thread nd do ur supposed truth now! and which one is Olayinka dt ur shoutin up n down if u dnt want 2 go far in life, mention dt name again! boya na ur papa gv me ur rubbish peanuts...u dis omo irankiran...

1 Like

Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by hyfr(m): 1:27am On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:

are you sure you wanna know ?
they payed me change and an end to corruption and killing in the present regime.
so ow much is pdp paying you
I've been noticing all your claims and allegations against pdp so I thought u were paid to Do so. But what if pdp wins this elections? What will be the outcome of all this efforts?
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Abiolainfo: 2:27am On Dec 01, 2014
johndarey:
With the disturbance by the lies being spread, i had to write this. Very few people knew when President Jonathan entered oduduwa hall due to the smartness of those security guys who diverted our attention to the landing helicopters at the sports complex(4 in all), one of which we thought Jonathan would come out from. Meanwhile his convoy had already come in through road 7.With this, people decided to wait till the meeting was over, telling the soldiers that they must see their president.

Meanwhile, there was a peaceful demonstration. However, it was by the Educational Rights Campaign and not the students' union and it bothered on the below-par educational condition in Nigeria. They only sang and shouted throughout.Nobody threw stones, stick or pure water satchets! ERC was joined by few other students but you can categorically see for yourselves in the pics below that most people including students, and people from town only did everything in their power to see their President.

President Jonathan tried to address us but the noise and rushing was just too much to the extent that some guyz fell and the soldiers at one point flared up. The S.U president was able to meet with Mr President, chatted for few minutes and gave him a protest letter, a copy of which is below. After this, he waved to us, got into his vehicle which conveyed him to sports complex. Three of the helicopters took off about 15 minutes before dt which d President got into took off.

This is a video proof and stop misleading people with your silly conspiracy.

http://s1830.vuclip.com/74/37/7437c5d9424d40cedeffbc364a9386bf/ba63207/ObafemiAwolowo_7437_w_2.3gp?c=946452651&u=5501925957&s=BSgNuU&frm=w&testid=2&groupid=2&z=1201
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by holatin(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2014
hyfr:
I've been noticing all your claims and allegations against pdp so I thought u were paid to Do so. But what if pdp wins this elections? What will be the outcome of all this efforts?
if they win, without rigging nothing can be done
maybe prayer to God to lead the blind man leading those that Ve sight. but I pray power change hand.

off topic * if you follow my post regularly you will know am not an e- warrior am only advocating for change.
God bless u and your family sir
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by hyfr(m): 8:00am On Dec 01, 2014
holatin:
if they win, without rigging nothing can be done
maybe prayer to God to lead the blind man leading those that Ve sight. but I pray power change hand.

off topic * if you follow my post regularly you will know am not an e- warrior am only advocating for change.
God bless u and your family sir
Bless u too
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by therevelation2: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2014
johndarey:
Abi oloriburuku ni eleyi ni...ur free 2 open ur own thread nd do ur supposed truth now! and which one is Olayinka dt ur shoutin up n down if u dnt want 2 go far in life, mention dt name again! boya na ur papa gv me ur rubbish peanuts...u dis omo irankiran...

Chai! See finishing!

grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by therevelation2: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2014
Igrigrigun:

grin grin grin grin
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Asek1(m): 12:00pm On Dec 01, 2014
emperorchedda:
Excuse me sir!

That you didn't take the picture of when GEJ's convoy was thrown sachet water doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You can only make us believe you by posting a comprehensive video which covered the WHOLE event

Idiet!
Do you have any
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by Asek1(m): 12:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
smallrincowis16:
what a concocted lie as old as you are..... or let me say you are displaying your partisanship because of your sadistic behaviour
I as a student in the campus was there why students protested.... as I have exam at PGLT... in the morning...
as accounted for little people know when exactly the President enter... but what's is for sure is that he enter through the gate... as against what people expected.
promo keep shouting ""thief"" "thief" as of the time I was there till I went to the mosque for him at prayer.....
I was told by clean source that one student threw some at him as it is accounted for by all the students I left there.
so why did you see your source

Your English na die ocheesy
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by PweetyHitee(f): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2014
100% positive
Re: President Jonathan's Visit To Oau, An Eyewitness' Account(+pics) by johndarey(m): 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2014
PweetyHitee:
100% positive
Hehe...demostat...project...u be finalist??...a pm asap.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Different Students During Their Final Year Project (Hilarious Photos) / "OAU Professor, Richard Akindele, Also Asked Me For Sex" - Graduate In Ireland / NANS Senate-President, 4 Others Die In Auto Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.