Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,819 members, 7,831,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

One Of My Snail Is White See Pics - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / One Of My Snail Is White See Pics (33184 Views)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / Pictures: My Snail Farm / Questions I Really Need 2 Be Answered Before I Embark On My Snail Farming!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2014
That's an albino snail. Looks pretty tho.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by profem1(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
nairaland and all this "advise me ".
if someone shit black, he will rush and post " advice me "!
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Chickenstew: 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
GreenWhiteGreen:

You don see abino lion b4 ? Chai
Why not?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by iykofias(m): 7:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
@Op, kip ur line open, d'banj will b calling any moment from now, 'KoKo snail' so on point
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by simdam500(m): 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Seun is good with pet and animal, only God knows if he studied zoology. by the way,

what do I say now o... just make more of that by cross breeding and let wait for what the future holds

1 Like

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by jidxin(m): 7:57pm On Dec 06, 2014
this is not an albino snail albino snail has white shell ....dz is just another specie I ve a lot of them which I found arnd mowe ibafo of Ogun st

1 Like

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 06, 2014
LadyH:
Buajajajajajajajajajajaja grin

grin grin
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by xtervaganza(m): 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goldenboy842:
I really dnt know why this happen in one of my snail pen, this snail has been white from the hatchery.
hahahahah too many butty pikin here

I have seen this kind of snails countless times as a kid especially in the holiday when we go out after rain to pick snail in one of dad's house that was uncompleted then.

We call them igbin afin and I've seen it more than 100 times, it may seem like I'm lying but it's the truth

We even keep them to play with back then
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by delishpot: 8:10pm On Dec 06, 2014
Somehow sha, I pity the snail. OP is racist( na joke o no eat me o) eh OP, why are you resiating the genetic mix between blacks and whites?
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by xtervaganza(m): 8:11pm On Dec 06, 2014
myola:
there is white snail Yoruba called ILAKOSE
hahahahhahahaha

Another ajebota pikin telling people what he knows nothing about

Ilakose snail is not WHITE! Get your facts right abeg

Ilakose snail has very pointed rear of its shell, sometimes used to play 'okoto' in the village.

Stop misleading people ooo, Ilakose snail is another type of snail just like local dog is different from alsatian. White snail can be a normal snail or igbin ilako(Ilakose snail (
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by xtervaganza(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2014
gneisss:
.try crossbreeding it with the black one so u can get white and black...i'm sure it will look pwedy
aren't snails hermaphrodites? undecided
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by fruityjojo(f): 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
GreenWhiteGreen:

Yes actually.

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by zenith4biz(m): 8:16pm On Dec 06, 2014
Laughing in Chinese....... Huahua huahuahua

Thanks to God I had farming experience, white snail is just a normal one like their black counterparts. The difference is just that people don't normally buy the white one for food.
The 'babalawos' and traditional men are the ones that normally buy the white snail

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by bewla(m): 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
just ask ifa on your behave ifa say noting the happen
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by xtervaganza(m): 8:20pm On Dec 06, 2014
Emilyp:
There is no need for fear or isolation,it is still a snail it is just that he specie is white,use to see them a in cross river when I was quite younger & it was eaten over there too.
white snails are not a specie

Take note
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by gneisss: 8:33pm On Dec 06, 2014
xtervaganza:
aren't snails hermaphrodites? undecided
oh
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2014
Wonders shall never end.

Check my articles on how to make money from agriculture.

#Do agric create more wealth.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Ethereal0110(f): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
I see white snails alot even @ the market, so its not strange, just name it angelica i believe its a female
Goldenboy842:
I really dnt know why this happen in one of my snail pen, this snail has been white from the hatchery.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by talk9ice(m): 8:46pm On Dec 06, 2014
Tolexander:
that is racism bro!

you could have left it with other snails for cross breeding and have more white snails.

Don't you know white snails sell at higher price than black snails like white blackberry sells than black bb

yea, guy truly this is racism oooooo kiss
Tolexander:
that is racism bro!

you could have left it with other snails for cross breeding and have more white snails.

Don't you know white snails sell at higher price than black snails like white blackberry sells than black bb

yea, guy truly this is racism oooooo
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Melinde: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goldenboy842:
Can I buy it?
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by atuagbo: 9:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
xtervaganza:
white snails are not a specie

Take note

White snail is sign of end time.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Badosqi(m): 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
GreenWhiteGreen:

notice the white colored lions/lioness in these pictures

google white lions for better pictures

Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by SunnyJ2: 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
Anybody with who baby snails up to 30 should contact me am ready to buy 08130980121
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Deiok(m): 9:31pm On Dec 06, 2014
Awww. It looks cute with its brown shell.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by jimmy101231(m): 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2014
april17:

hmm...babalawo
hmmmmm ifa timileyin
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by jimmy101231(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
stevebond007:
From biological knowledge
Albinism occurs in all species.
Albino gorrilla, lion,
Albino in all races.
Work of nature.
professor....You know no say that one na Devil they sleep trouble they wake am...sey u don seee white snail before professor Ajaala
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by valdes00(m): 9:44pm On Dec 06, 2014
N white snail dey swt 4 okro soup.... *shakes head*... Itunnu, I wil neva 4 u.... Na she cook dat baddest combo 4 me dat day
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Kirinwa: 9:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goldenboy842:

Lol if u ve 2million i will gv it to u with the eggs.

Something you would readily have thrown away because I know personally nobody will buy it for fear in Nigerian market.

Now a brother is encouraging you with truth aand you want to exploit him? People don't deserve the truth as seen from your response.

Money won't kill you. Carry that albinious snail waka joor.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 9:53pm On Dec 06, 2014
gneisss:
.try crossbreeding it with the black one so u can get white and black...i'm sure it will look pwedy
Poor Africans! angry lipsrsealed cry
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by spinna: 9:56pm On Dec 06, 2014
Honestly that looks frightening ... it must be some sort of partial albinism i guess cos the white no reach the shell...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_gYdeU9V-A&list=UUs-1VMcUBgN7ydzEgc9XB3w
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 06, 2014
Goldenboy842:
It's an albino snail. Albinism occurs in two out of a hundred in most species. Fear not, the meat go sweet.
Re: One Of My Snail Is White See Pics by jechona(m): 10:28pm On Dec 06, 2014
They are millions of such snails in southern Nigeria (Cross River). So don't panic, you will enjoy it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maize Shelling Machines, and other Threshers with Food processing Machines.. / #poultrybusiness: The Secret Vet Doctors Are Hiding From You. As Poultry Farmer / GBFoods Completes ₦20billion Tomato Processing Factory In Kebbi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.