Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,340 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:41 AM

Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) (33513 Views)

Nigerian Female Celebrities Who Smoke Shisha ( Pics ) / Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2014
These Nigerian celebrities had one vice or the other in the past but had to repent of such vices.

PETE EDOCHIE - "I Smoked For 21 Years To Manage Anger"

In an exclusive interview with Tribune, super star veteran actor, Pete Edochie, disclosed that his vice was smoking but had to quit after 21 Years. Hear him:

"I smoked for 21 years before I quit, and each time I got tensed up, I looked for a cigarette, and psychologically I was puffing away the anger; but there is no other thing it does for you physically but to destroy your lungs."

HANKS ANUKU- "I've Dropped My Drinking & Smoking Habit After TV Joshua Healed Me"

Nollywood Actor, Hanks Anuku, had revealed how drugs and alcohol ruined his career and caused him to be mentally ill for some time.
The actor was Special Adviser on Tourism and Entertainment to Emmanuel Uduaghan, the Governor of Delta State.
He said :

"‘Yes, I got my healing through TB Joshua. It is our lord’s doing. I was having issues with my mentality for over seven years. You would have noticed that I have not been that frequent in Movies for a long time. Even when I was a Special Assistant to our dear Governor,I was not in a good state of mind and this affected my work in the Government House, before I was advised to seek for a solution in Ghana. I spent so much money visiting hospitals, orthodox and unorthodox doctors without positive results. Until I was introduced to TB Joshua. I was only watching his TV program in Ghana and was healed. I put my faith into it just like the woman with the issue of blood and knew that I would be healed and I got my healing. I am nowa mentally stable man. I have dropped the drinking and smoking habit. Glory be to God". He said.

TONTO DIKEH - "TB Joshua’s Prayers Ended My 14 Years Smoking Addiction"

In 2012, star actress Tonto, made headlines when she was delivered from her smoking habit by TB Joshua.
But before that deliverance Tonto who started chain-smoking at the age of 13 had earlier revealed in an interview that smoking is her life and didn’t care what people thought about it.

How true is the rumor that you are a heavy smoker and can’t do without cigarette?

"We are just so shallow minded. How does that come into the way Iact? Excuse me (voice raised). That is my personal life. If I want to smoke, I handle a stick of cigarette and I smoke it hard. It is my life I can decide to smoke myself to hell. It’s nobody’s business."

When TB Joshua delivered her from smoking Tonto tweeted :

"“I’ve good news for those who wish me well. Its silly good news but ya’ll going to love this. I quit smoking!”

“I didn’t quit smoking by myself. I was watching a program on TV with Prophet T.B. Joshua and he was laying hands on people and praying for them. I love to watch his programs on Emmanuel TV. When he was praying, he said, ‘Lay your hands on the TV’ and I just laid my hands that day. I actually needed something else from God, not to quit smoking because I loved smoking!However, after praying I sat back and I think I slept off. When I woke up, I took a stick of cigarette and I felt crazy. I couldn’t even imagine that I took it up to smoke in the first place. It felt like poison!”

TOYIN AIMAKHU- "'I Regret Exposing My Body Earlier In My Career'"

Actress Toyin Aimakhu-Johnson who recently signed her first endorsement deal, says she regrets exposing her body earlier in her career. Speaking with Encomium mag, the actress said changing her image and dress sense has changed her fortune and partially blamed her old ways of dressing as thereason she didn't get any endorsementdeals until now....

"I have learnt my lesson. People don't like those who expose their bodies in public. Celebrities can do it abroad but it is alien to our own culture. I was young and carefree and had nobody to caution me. It took my husband to enlighten me and make me see my mistakes. He helpedme to realize I am a role model and have influence on my fans. I have realized these things now and it hashelped me to have mature and quality fans who now show more interest in my personality and works. I now encourage other people. Ever since then, my fortune has changed. I now have quality jobs and offers. I want to model my life after Omotola and Joke Sylvia whom I see as my role model" she said.

MERCY JOHNSON - OKOJIE- I Can't Wear Provocative Dresses Again As A Married Woman"

Before now, Johnson’s figure was the talk of the town and envy of many. She was known for provocative and revealing outfits, with her robust breasts especially threatening to jump out of dresses. In this manner, her photographs were generously displayedon posters and jackets of movies in which she starred. But all that appears to be in the past because she is “now a new creature.”

... “Marriage is influencing my dress sense in a more positive way. As I always say my husband is my greatest critic but when it comes to my profession, he understands and has made me grow better than I used to. Sometimes when I look back and see the dresses I wore I laugh real hard and thank God for a blessed and understanding friend, manager and hubby.”

FOLUKE DARAMOLA - "I Used To Wear Revealing Clothes, But I Can't Wear Them Now"

"I used to wear them but the Bible says when I was a child, I acted like a child, when I became a man, I stopped being childish. When I was younger, I used to wear revealing clothes. When I was in OAU,I was myself, I clubbed, I partied, I had fun, I had relationships and I had heartbreaks. Now, I am much older, I no longer believe in wearing revealing clothes because I am more matured and I see things differently. Even sometimes, when I see people wear it, I say with time, they would stop it, it is not things you can tell people to do or not to do. Then I used to believe that if you don’t wear anything skimpy or revealing, you were not in vogue, but now, if you tell me to wear it, I would just look at it and say no. "
The actress who is extremely blessed with extra large boobs said.

HALIMA ABUBAKAR -" Youthful Exuberance Made Pose Nude Years Back But I Can't Do That Again Now "

I saw Halimah pose nude in a magazine years back and it got lots of people talking about her then. But the actress regretted that and has repented from such act.

Modeling scandal in 2001...

" I modeled in a magazine in 2001. As a model there is no limitation to be a professional, but due to our level of civilization it was celebrated then that I posed nude. I don’t think I will model in such manner again because I’m more matured now. It was childishness and an adolescent stage of my life and I wouldn’t wish to face any of such challenges again. The challenges I would love to face now is marital life and my acting career. Though a lot of people are still doing it but I wouldn't because acting is my first love. It really delayed my career for a long time and it happened when I was about leaving to complete my studies at Bayero University Kano. So I left the industry in 2004 for 4 years to get an education and then come back in 2007 when I was ready and matured to face challenges."

Effect of the scandal.....

"Producers and directors refused to call mefor roles because of the scandals. But nowI’m a new Halima Abubakar wearing a different garment though some of them are still skeptical of giving me roles. Well it wasn’t a nude picture of me but it was celebrated as if I committed murder. Its my past and I don’t wish to remember all I went through then. But I thank God for all His mercies."

ANITA JOSEPH - "I Regret My Tattoos"

Anita revealed she is frustrated with her tattoos, crying “ I regret my tattoos. It is something I wish I never had” she said “ it’s so addictive. You do one, you would do again and again.Anita said she has tattoos in six parts of her body: back of her palm, waist, top of her boobs, left leg, neck and arm. When asked if the tattoos connote anything or mean anything to her, she replied “Not necessarily, I just loved tattoos. But that was when I haven’t grown up and never knew it’s wrong in God’s sight”

AYO ADESANYA - "I Want To Clean My Tattoos Because Tattoo Is A Sin"

*Have you finally cleaned your tattoo?

"I still have it but it’s fading off gradually. I recently had a surgery. I’m supposed to have gone for another one. I’m clearing it off but it’s so painful. It gets swollen and too painful."

*Wasn’t it painful when you were doing it?

"It was painful but then removing it is more painful."

"As funny as it is, I don’t remember anything whenever I see it. I see it as part of fashion. I actually went to a church to pray and they gave me a Bible verse, I never knew it was against Christianity. Until the Pastor opened a passage that I should read, and that was how I knew. It’s actually so beautiful when you have tattoos but immediately I knew it was a sin then, I made up my mind to clean it."

Written By: Lalasticlala

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by 9inches(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2014
All I have to say is Praise da Lord someborri!!!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:15am On Nov 30, 2014
Pete

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2014
Hanks

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2014
Tonto-pokoee

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Daguccizgreat(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2014
Lalasticala and documentation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2014
Toyin Ayimakhu

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2014
mercy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by englishmart(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2014
those are their regrets...

Me, I regret sleeping with the only daughter of my french professor... I'm afraid, I might get deported.. undecided

I also regret taken 8bottles of origin on my uncle's wedding! My typing is hangover induced. cheesy

Also, 4years ago, I thought bread and Akara was a kind of sandwich.... Now, I will never have such Stup1d thoughts again.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2014
Foluke

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:21am On Nov 30, 2014
Halimah

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2014
Ayo

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by lalasticlala(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2014
Anita.

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Kay512: 7:34am On Nov 30, 2014
Make I stand here first
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by kokoA(m): 7:34am On Nov 30, 2014
Atink say you go show us dat Halima girl nude pix naw..

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 30, 2014
Tonto started smoking at age 13? I smell lies

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Tholudee(f): 7:49am On Nov 30, 2014
kokoA:
Atink say you go show us dat Halima girl nude pix naw..
bros nawah o...4 early sunday morin undecided

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by kokoA(m): 7:54am On Nov 30, 2014
Tholudee:
bros nawah o...4 early sunday morin undecided
you know weda I wan carry am go church make dem pray for her?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by psyqs(m): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2014
i don see parkin space
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by holatin(m): 8:09am On Nov 30, 2014
without terry g the list is not complete.
so every life is redeemable

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Princesschi(f): 8:15am On Nov 30, 2014
Thank God for their lives..
Fp Loading...
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Gboliwe: 8:25am On Nov 30, 2014
Sorry for we Nigerians sha. So the Delta State government had in its employment a mad man and we were answering "sir" to him.

I have never liked that Anuku man's acting. I knew he was bazzing real big. It even changed his voice

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by valicious1(m): 8:28am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Djicemob: 8:34am On Nov 30, 2014
The boobs on MJ and those yoruba woman though *lips sealed*

@Topic:You mean these celebs repented their vices from public eye or what? All of them so called repentant smokers there still smoke and do other worst vices...trust me i know!
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by zeb04(f): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2014
undecidedWhat's with the yellow,black,white hair..Megbeke things.

Maturity comes with so many changes btw exposing your breast and ass is so trashy.
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Valfrankie(m): 9:51am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Valfrankie(m): 9:53am On Nov 30, 2014
k
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Valfrankie(m): 9:55am On Nov 30, 2014
angry
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Valfrankie(m): 9:56am On Nov 30, 2014
George
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by Valfrankie(m): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2014
I need my google glass to X-ray some of these pics with a tin of vesline lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by TheSonOfMark(m): 10:46am On Nov 30, 2014
Looking forward to more of these changes
Re: Nigerian Celebrities Who Repented Of Their Vices ( Photos ) by dmjinc(m): 11:30am On Nov 30, 2014
Who knows?? wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Open Letter To Tonto Dikeh & Revelation Of Zainab Rufai By Godson Odims / Toyin Abraham Refuses To Give Her Street Fans Money, Gets Blocked (Photos) / Tonto Dikeh's Stylist Comes For Gideon Okeke..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.