Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges (5718 Views)

Conspiracies Against President Jonathan - Dr Odinaka Chukwuka / President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential Candidate / • B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!!! President Jonathan Emerges PDP Consensus Presidential (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 30, 2014
SaharaReporters has obtained a video of
students' protest against President Goodluck
Jonathan during his visit to the Obafemi Awolowo
University campus in Ile-Ife on Friday.
The protesting students booed and later stoned Mr.
Jonathan as he was being rushed into a waiting helicopter. Since the story broke, President Jonathan's
handlers embarrassed by the humiliation he
suffered in the hands of angry OAU students
sought to downplay the protests by releasing some
photos which shows some few students were
happy with Mr. Jonathan and others claiming there
was no student protests on campus.
The presidency also got a compromised section of
the students representative council at OAU to
issue press releases claiming there were no
protests on the historic day.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Bj3TzOO7wlY

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by brown3: 8:12am On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
SaharaReporters has obtained a video of
students' protest against President Goodluck
Jonathan during his visit to the Obafemi Awolowo
University campus in Ile-Ife on Friday.
The protesting students booed and later stoned Mr.
Jonathan as he was being rushed into a waiting helicopter. Since the story broke, President Jonathan's
handlers embarrassed by the humiliation he
suffered in the hands of angry OAU students
sought to downplay the protests by releasing some
photos which shows some few students were
happy with Mr. Jonathan and others claiming there
was no student protests on campus.
The presidency also got a compromised section of
the students representative council at OAU to
issue press releases claiming there were no
protests on the historic day.
m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=Bj3TzOO7wlY
u no get work. Pm i can help u out with a juicy job.

7 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 8:15am On Nov 30, 2014
brown3:
u no get work. Pm i can help u out with a juicy job.
thanks bro, help your family member out, not me.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by DesChyko: 8:19am On Nov 30, 2014
Don't even think I'll waste my precious megabytes in watching 'students (we hope)' who have little idea what being 'educated' means.

Western Education is bordered by civilization, therefore students should ordinarily be civilized. Any student who boos the current president has questionable intentions, and finding such in a school environment is as unfitting as wool on a cockroach's skin.

I won't say I'm wholly impressed with the president's actions. But having being in leadership positions, I'm in full support of his practice. One must not be hasty to make decisions as it isn't just about oneself, but the majority of the followers as well.
Also, it is impossible to please everyone, so, what gives?

And to think Sahara Reporters were once acclaimed to be neutral?? They're showing so much haste to ridicule the president in front of the world. Uncivilized, I must say.

8 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2014
DesChyko:
Don't even think I'll waste my precious megabytes in watching 'students (we hope)' who have little idea what being 'educated' means.
education is the only key to liberation. If not for education, those students won't know how to fight for their rights. Only illiterates sing the praises of a government that has failed them.
DesChyko:

Western Education is bordered by civilization, therefore students should ordinarily be civilized. Any student who boos the current president has questionable intentions, and finding such in a school environment is as unfitting as wool on a cockroach's skin.
@bold. Which student won't boo the current president? Is it the student that spent 6months at home during ASUU strike cos this government promised and failed or thesame OAU student who just had their school fees hiked? Remember these students also heard the stealing is not corrupt words from this government.
DesChyko:

I won't say I'm wholly impressed with the president's actions. But having being in leadership positions, I'm in full support of his practice. One must not be hasty to make decisions as it isn't just about oneself, but the majority of the followers as well.
Also, it is impossible to please everyone, so, what gives?
@bold. You mean you support stealing not to be corruption, missing $20billion, death of EFCC and ICPC, commotion in NASS etc?
DesChyko:

And to think Sahara Reporters were once acclaimed to be neutral?? They're showing so much haste to ridicule the president in front of the world. Uncivilized, I must say.
you can't blame them, blame the administration that has so many dirts emanating from its chambers.

32 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by brown3: 8:43am On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
i just feel like helping u out, insteady of trolling and wasting ur youthfull age on nairaland. I know u re among of those lazy people who always give escuse for their failure for unemployment.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 30, 2014
This is really somehow o! I thought their SUG president denied such ever happened. I could clearly hear chants of "ole...ole...thief...thief" in the background as student waved placards saying don't sell education thesame way you sold electricity which hasn't noticed any improvement since then. It's so funny how the SUG mentioned sahara reporters in his press briefing as if it was Sahara reporters that broke th news out first. The punch newspaper that he used in airing out what I call his opinion broke that news faster than sahara reporters. I guess. The dude got paid.

OLe...OLe....thief....thief grin

17 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2014
brown3:
i just feel like helping u out, insteady of trolling and wasting ur youthfull age on nairaland. I know u re among of those lazy people who always give escuse for their failure for unemployment.
did he tell you he doesn't have a job?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by brown3: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2014
eighTHREAD:
did he tell you he doesn't have a job?
yes he has no job. because if he did he wouldnt have been trolling and searching for a video where some few inconsequential group of miscreant protesting against Mr. President.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by DesChyko: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
education is the only key to liberation. If not for education, those students won't know how to fight for their rights. Only illiterates sing the praises of a government that has failed them.

And where is your liberation? You sound no different from our ancestors, armed with sticks and stones, who ran at full speed to attack men with guns and died like chickens, leaving the young and inexperienced with nothing but bitter memories which they relive under captivity. What is the essence of a battle which achieves nothing? A pen is mightier than the sword. Why use violence when influence is a better option? Why go to school to learn if your decision making betters that of your ancestors only by the clothes you wear?

Which student won't boo the current president? Is it the student that spent 6months at home during ASUU strike cos this government promised and failed or the same OAU student who just had their school fees hiked? Remember these students also heard the stealing is not corrupt words from this government.

There was a dialogue to this effect wasn't there? In your own homes, do you resort to violence for instant solution to issues or you talk them over? And after talking them over, do you ram on for instant success or you give time for it to sink in? You can't treat your country like your home, you can't be patriotic, yet you expect instant successes like impressive countries, right? And in a country that has human rights and a population that beats that of your family over 30 million times!!
You mean you support stealing not to be corruption, missing $20billion, death of EFCC and ICPC, commotion in NASS etc?
I'ld appreciate it if you contradict a whole sentence, not just part of it. I stated clearly the practice which I am in support of. Besides, during OBJ's regime, activists like you saw the EFCC as a means of the government getting at oppositions, and now, you want it back?? This is exactly the reason I love his method of leadership. It is impossible to please every one, especially those with biased mindsets from birth!
you can't blame them, blame the administration that has so many dirts emanating from its chambers.
I don't blame anyone for any thing that affects me, lest I spend my whole life blaming, and never do anything about it to emancipate myself.
A citizen strives to make his country better. An educated citizen should even do that more effectively. Play the blame game our fathers did and let our time pass so our children's condition will be similar to ours.

Someday, I hope to be president. When I become one, I would like the citizens to know that I am just one man in one place at a time and that my success lies in everyone being my image everywhere they are so that together, we can bring the changes we desire.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 9:08am On Nov 30, 2014
DesChyko:

And where is your liberation? You sound no different from our ancestors, armed with sticks and stones, who ran at full speed to attack men with guns and died like chickens, leaving the young and inexperienced with nothing but bitter memories which they relive under captivity. What is the essence of a battle which achieves nothing? A pen is mightier than the sword. Why use violence when influence is a better option? Why go to school to learn if your decision making betters that of your ancestors only by the clothes you wear?
who told your dumb self that they armed themselves with sticks? So a protest with placards airing their views is now equivalent to sticks and stones.

DesChyko:
There was a dialogue to this effect wasn't there? In your own homes, do you resort to violence for instant solution to issues or you talk them over? And after talking them over, do you ram on for instant success or you give time for it to sink in? You can't treat your country like your home, you can't be patriotic, yet you expect instant successes like impressive countries, right? And in a country that has human rights and a population that beats that of your family over 30 million times!!
protest is the key to getting your voice heard in a country where the government says " I don't give a damn". Pls stop using the word violence cos the video showed how peaceful the protest was
DesChyko:
I'ld appreciate it if you contradict a whole sentence, not just part of it. I stated clearly the practice which I am in support of. Besides, during OBJ's regime, activists like you saw the EFCC as a means of the government getting at oppositions, and now, you want it back?? This is exactly the reason I love his method of leadership. It is impossible to please every one, especially those with biased mindsets from birth!
so cos he doesn't want to be tagged as a leader persecuting opposition, he's now encouraging even his own allies to steal?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by edababa007(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2014
So na true talk say dem stone our presido. Sorry ooo

1 Like

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by DesChyko: 9:17am On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
who told your dumb self that they armed themselves with sticks? So a protest with placards airing their views is now equivalent to sticks and stones.

Metaphor, I pray you. Metaphorical dispositions. I directly implied the toothless actions.

protest is the key to getting your voice heard in a country where the government says " I don't give a damn". Pls stop using the word violence cos the video showed how peaceful the protest was

The mule-headedness of the government isn't lost on me. He's just one man, GEJ. What about the Senate? 469-man committee who get things done, why isn't anyone poking at them for fun even as they guzzle 240million each? It's all about GEJ because he is at the top. Some schooled in France, but I schooled in Nigeria. And in Nigeria, nothing separates Students' protests from Violence, except in Private Unis maybe.
so cos he doesn't want to be tagged as a leader persecuting opposition, he's now encouraging even his own allies to steal?
I wouldn't know. I really don't like swinging swords blindly. These aren't things I can accurately prove. I have little idea who stole what and how GEJ knew comprehensively but did nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 30, 2014
DesChyko:

Metaphor, I pray you. Metaphorical dispositions. I directly implied the toothless actions.

The mule-headedness of the government isn't lost on me. He's just one man, GEJ. What about the Senate? 469-man committee who get things done, why isn't anyone poking at them for fun even as they guzzle 240million each? It's all about GEJ because he is at the top. Some schooled in France, but I schooled in Nigeria. And in Nigeria, nothing separates Students' protests from Violence, except in Private Unis maybe.

I wouldn't know. I really don't like swinging swords blindly. These aren't things I can accurately prove. I have little idea who stole what and how GEJ knew comprehensively but did nothing.
he's just one man? Do you have any idea the amount of agencies the executive arm controls? You want us to put the senate on the hot seat too? Thesame senate that he controls and even disrupted their session due using the police force? My friend, you school in france and not nigeria cos a nigerian student would know things are worse under this administration.

11 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by omenka(m): 9:29am On Nov 30, 2014
BoooM!!!

Cankerworms, una see una life?? cheesycheesy

Soon this thread would be moved to the travel section. grin

8 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by DesChyko: 9:37am On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
he's just one man? Do you have any idea the amount of agencies the executive arm controls?
I'm sure you're a stranger to hierachy.
You want us to put the senate on the hot seat too? The same senate that he controls and even disrupted their session due using the police force?
I guess I made that clear. And I can see how much control he wields over them, considering the 120+ lawmakers signatures to vote him in for second term
My friend, you school in france and not nigeria cos a nigerian student would know things are worse under this administration.
I wish I did. Don't you wish you did? Unfortuately, those are wishes. This is reality. Peaceful, yet there were chants of 'Ole'. That is very very placating indeed. Nothing provocative at all. You should adopt that nickname sometime.

1 Like

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by hugoart(m): 9:57am On Nov 30, 2014
It's a patriotic to separate the demonic janja.weed pdp from power.

Ballotbox,when the history of Nigerian victory is written,you'll be there.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by o42austino(m): 10:01am On Nov 30, 2014
eighTHREAD:
This is really somehow o! I thought their SUG president denied such ever happened. I could clearly hear chants of "ole...ole...thief...thief" in the background as student waved placards saying don't sell education thesame way you sold electricity which hasn't noticed any improvement since then. It's so funny how the SUG mentioned sahara reporters in his press briefing as if it was Sahara reporters that broke th news out first. The punch newspaper that he used in airing out what I call his opinion broke that news faster than sahara reporters. I guess. The dude got paid.

OLe...OLe....thief....thief grin
This Video has no meaning, it did not even show d president, so how can u just believe that is d president that was abused?, from their protest letter their anger is on the sch management, so its clear that the boo maybe directed to d sch management not GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 30, 2014
Any other candidate is better than gej right now. Let's vote wisely for our future.

4 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 30, 2014
Even if they protested or not that's none of my business.
Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by lilflipnerd: 10:16am On Nov 30, 2014
Am soo glad to see this video b4 Pro-gejs go make u look stupid

2 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Oklander: 10:22am On Nov 30, 2014
The emergence of video na 'gobe' for TANoids and saTANS.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by dastranger(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2014
Hmmmm..... So not all Nigerians are fools after all. watching in 3D

4 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by mickeyenglish(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2014
Jesus christ! I can't belive this! A protest that I took part of and was even among the guys who "booed" and called Fayose all sort of names like "Ole" "d stomach infrastructure crooner" and some other nasty names.... The only reason why I don't av videos and pictures is because I was warned to go and keep my camcoder and phone in my room. I was there 4rm d beggining to the end and the Ooni of Ife was not spared at all because we were all on sitting on the d main road as a sort of blockade. Fayose thought we were actually gonna applaud him when he came to us to make way 4 d Ooni of Ife, but he was summarily finished by the great Ife students.... The only person dat left there with our admiration was the Minister of trade and investment .Olusegun Aganga who actually came to settle a quarrel amoung the students. Apart from him, no other person,king or Oba, diplomat or millitary General left there without there share of insults. The worst part of it was the soldiers who were told by the students to go to Sambisa and die honorably. And am sorry to say this but my girlfriend who was with almost got us both killed because she hailed Fayose. Jonathan had to change his convoy twice to escape the wrath of d student even the Vice-Chancellor who is wanted by the Student was at d enterance of the hall shaking his head in misery.... And some daft people who weren't even at d scene of the epical drama are here saying all sort of shit like"shame to APC".every great Ife student knows that there is an ongoing power tussel and quarrel between the student union president's gang(d speaker,PRO,ASG,welfare officer and a faction. Of the parliamentarians) against the gang of the Vice President(cosnsisting of the clerk of the house the great comrade Azaro and a large faction of the parliamentarians with d support of the Great ife students). Lemme ask u people a question? Do u even know aw many times they usually beat the student Union president? He doesn't even stay on campus anymore because his wretched life is no longer safe..... I weep 4 Nigeria my country.. D only country dat News Agencies and online blogs and forum come out with all sort of lies... Imagine Nairaland and Linda Ikeji's blog saying that the president was giving a "grand" welcome? Dis is dispicable because the only welcome he got was d greatest humiliation of his life....we don't like him over here and we av vowed to "take care" of the student union president's numerous fuckups.....and I'm sure dis won't make it to d front page, but d rubbish dat was composed by the Student Union president and posted here by a disgruntled element on dis forum made it to front page not based on merit, but based on a biased and partisan ground.. And 4 ur information; I an not an APshit, cos both d PDP and APshits are all d same.... Once again I weep 4 Nigeria my country.

25 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by celeron40(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2014
Wind don blow! Fowl yansh don xpose!! Okupe and Abati will now go into Disaster-control mode..grin

6 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by medamillion(m): 10:30am On Nov 30, 2014
baLLoTBOxX:
Beautiful response to a TANoid. Thanks.

6 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by medamillion(m): 10:47am On Nov 30, 2014
Nairaland is becoming more politically sentimental than I thought. Why is this not making frontpage?

2 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by colossus2: 10:50am On Nov 30, 2014
Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Williamso(m): 11:20am On Nov 30, 2014
People will deny/ignore truth even if it slapped them in the face!!!

Anybody who says the president wasn't booed was either not there, bribed, sentimental or all of the above...

6 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by Sodiq3(m): 11:47am On Nov 30, 2014
You cannot carve a good image out of a rotten wood. No matter what the PDP say or do, jonathan is already a rotten wood and no amount of PR stunt can give him a good image. Anything that is bad is bad. Reputation takes a long time to build but takes second to fall like pack of cards. Jonathan's reputation in front of educated and well- trained Nigerians like my brothers at great ife has not only drop, but also buried in the grave. CLUELESS JONATHAN MUST GO is the watch phrase come 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by edababa007(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2014
AND THE SONG GOES LIKE DIS.....ASHE BINTIN LOGBON ORI EEE PRESIDO( SO UR THINKING IS DIS LOW PRESIDO)

3 Likes

Re: Video Of OAU Students Protest Against President Jonathan Emerges by DaBullIT(m): 12:06pm On Nov 30, 2014
[size=30pt]Whoever sold this video to sahara reporters is in trouble , If you watched the video you would notice the guy filming the protest was challenged ,the challenger said : wetin be this now , name wetin. The guy filming it had to turn the camera to the ground. And that's why I didn't post or sell the video of pure water and projectiles aimed at GEJ and his convoy . There are so many videos available people are afraid of being arrested [/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING: Senate Moves To Disqualify Amaechi / Dasuki Linked To Bombing Of Aziza And Suntai / Breaking: New NNPC Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.