Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,885 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Adedibu To Get Street In Italy. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adedibu To Get Street In Italy. (721 Views)

Efcc Stormed My Street In Asokoro / Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video / INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adedibu To Get Street In Italy. by RedHotChic(f): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2008
Iwuanyanwu Visits Adedibu’s Home - As Italy Names Street After Him
By Adebayo Segun, Seyi Sokoya and Adetosho Tolulope
Saturday, November 29, 2008

Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Chief Emmanuel Nwanyanwu, was at the Molete home of the late Ibadan politician, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu, during the week saying death was an inevitable occurrence in life.

According to Nwanyanwu, the death of Alhaji Adedibu was a monumental loss to Oyo politics and the entire nation at large. “He was the godfather of Ibadan politics, a philanthropist, a business mogul and also a quintessential leader, whose death will remain indelible in my mind.

“When he died, I was abroad, I am here today to show my condolences with his family and to pray to Almighty God, to grant him eternal rest.”

Meanwhile, an Italy-based group, ADEDIBU PROJECT FOUNDATION established in memory of the late political sage and icon, Alhaji Chief Lamidi Ariyibi Adedibu, has commended the government of Italy on its quest to immortalize the name of the Ibadan strongman.

Mr. George Adepoju, president of the group in a release made available to the press through El-Hadj Abusatar Hamed, consultant to the body on Media and Strategy in Nigeria, disclosed that upon the group’s recommendation, arrangement have reached an advance stage to name a street each in Milan and Rome in memory of Chief Lamidi Adedibu for his immense contribution towards the development of Nigerian youths and humanity.

Adepoju revealed that many Nigerian residents in Italy are beneficiaries of Late Adedibu’s philanthropic gestures when he was alive.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/nov/29/614.html
Re: Adedibu To Get Street In Italy. by RedHotChic(f): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2008
arrangement have reached an advance stage to name a street each in Milan and Rome in memory of Chief Lamidi Adedibu for his immense contribution towards the development of Nigerian youths and humanity.

They commend people for breeding area boys?

(1) (Reply)

Child Maid Trafficking- Serious Crime. / Lets Give Yaradua One More Term / Nigeria: Politics Is Not For Self Aggrandisement -dikko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.