Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,455 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

A Part Of Me Died When I Left Arsenal-thiery Henry - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Part Of Me Died When I Left Arsenal-thiery Henry (524 Views)

Amara & Kanu Nwankwo With Thierry Henry (Photo) / I Cried When I Left Arsenal- Thiery Henry / List Of Players That Left ARSENAL Fc To Win Trophies. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Part Of Me Died When I Left Arsenal-thiery Henry by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 30, 2014
Thierry Henry claims a part of him “died” when he left Arsenal as he nears what might be his final-ever competitive football match.

The current New York Red Bulls striker first departed the Emirates in 2007, joining Barcelona in a €24 million deal, though he again left the club in 2012 following a short loan spell in which he added two goals to his club tally of 227.

And, speaking about his exit to join the Catalan giants, Henry admits he was left heartbroken having left a club where he won two Premier League titles and three FA Cups.

"They adopted me and I am at home there," he told L'Equipe. "My home sweet home is London. My club is Arsenal.

“When I put on the red and white jersey, it has the same effect that the France jersey has. It's like when Clark Kent becomes Superman. I become someone different, someone stronger.

“When I left the club, a part of me died. I cried and that is not something I've ever done often, even as a kid.”

Henry quashed any suggestion that Arsene Wenger lacked ambition when he allowed him to leave, but he aired his hope that Gunners fans understood his decision to leave.

“I am a competitor,” he added. “But if I am to come back, I had to leave, no? The fans maybe understood that I am transparent, that I have never been a 'character'. Maybe they respect this.

“In England, at least in London, I think that people most love the player that was.”

Henry is set to play in the second leg of the Eastern Conference final on Saturday and, unless the Red Bulls pull off a comeback to their 2-1 deficit, Henry might be playing his final competitive game should he decide to retire upon the completion of his MLS contract.

SOURCE: [url][/url]

Re: A Part Of Me Died When I Left Arsenal-thiery Henry by danielz777(m): 7:16pm On Nov 30, 2014
pls pls pls show a sister some love, click on the link http://eplnaija.com/eplnaija-top-10-whoworeitbest2-finalist/ and vote for ms_ teenew,it is d 9th picture on d list. all you 've to do is just click on the vote button. pls pls pls thanks�... its going to mean a lot to her... Pls am on ma knees... Pls pls

(1) (Reply)

Global Soccer Award: Can Carlo Ancelotti Win Over Tough Contenders? / Two Times Lucky: Arsenal Record Yet Another Scrappy Win Over West Ham. / An Open Letter To Louis Van Gaal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.