Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? (3801 Views)

256k/512k Broadband Internet In Lagos? / Broadband Internet Services in Nigeria / To Create Broadband Internet Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by aki(m): 7:19pm On Sep 27, 2005
... because I have to download a lot of documents from email. The Multilinks dailup speed is too slow for me, so I want to know if there is any boardband solution availible in Lagos? And what is the cost?

Thanks.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Seun(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2005
The MyNetcom service might be the answer to your question. It is a "3G Mobile Broadband solution for individual PC users". You pay 75,000 naira (from a newspaper ad) for the equipment and a monthly access fee which depends on the amount of bandwidth you require:

Monthly Access Fees for Round-the-Clock Access
100 Kbps -> 6,000 naira (basic)
300 Kbps -> 20,000 naira (home)
600 Kbps -> 45,000 naira (professional)

From their website, "MyNetcom network coverage is only available in Lagos and in 6 cities namely: Lekki, Victoria-Island, Ikoyi, Surulere, Apapa and Ikeja - up to where you have the international airport.

References:
http://www.netcomng.com/product_Mynetcom3.php
http://www.netcomng.com/product_Mynetcom4.php
http://www.netcomng.com/product_Mynetcom5.php
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by shockreaction(m): 8:07pm On Sep 27, 2005
Gah! Seun beat me to it! I was just about to post MyNetCom, and the details... Yep, 75k for the equipment, cheapest monthly access for 24 hours at 100kbps is N6,000... which I believe is quite good. They're new, so they look to be quite good.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Ka: 10:02pm On Sep 27, 2005
I don't quite understand their pricing structure. I would have thought that the price per kbps would drop for a faster connection. What's the incentive to order the 600kbps connection over the 300kbps if you have to pay more than double the price? Anyway, na dem sabi...
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by aki(m): 12:36am On Sep 28, 2005
thanks a lot! but where i live now is in festac, i am so unlucky, but according to their plan, they will soon cover the area where i live.

thanks again.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by tomcat: 9:39pm On Oct 11, 2005
has anyone tried that netcom company yet...? what is their service like...?

I assume the the packages that they have...is shared bandwith...? and also the back end is Vsat...?
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Obinski: 1:11am On Oct 27, 2005
am using the netcom service now and i can recommend it to anyone.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by tomcat: 9:41am On Oct 28, 2005
what kind of download speeds are you getting..?
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Obinski: 2:05am On Oct 30, 2005
Am using the "Home" package which is rated at 300kbps shared. I dont know how reliable the internet bandwidth test sites are but they reckon am getting 216kbps on an average of 5 tests on 3 different sites.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by lionedwin(m): 11:42am On Oct 30, 2005
The MyNetcom product is cool. The best around and their service is expanding rapidly. The tariff is great and from what i hear their marketing is improving. But this service is recommended for the mobile executive who requires fast download. I bet once competition comes in their prices would come down. We need more players in this field.[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by tomcat: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2005
does anyone know...if VGC is offering broadband...and what kind of service they have including speeds etc...?

also is VGC fixed line provider..and not wireless..?
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by LoverBwoy(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2006
Seun i noticed u have a knack of calling places within a city a -city

Seun:

The MyNetcom service might be the answer to your question. It is a "3G Mobile Broadband solution for individual PC users". You pay 75,000 naira (from a newspaper ad) for the equipment and a monthly access fee which depends on the amount of bandwidth you require:

Monthly Access Fees for Round-the-Clock Access
100 Kbps -> 6,000 naira (basic)
300 Kbps -> 20,000 naira (home)
600 Kbps -> 45,000 naira (professional)

From their website, "MyNetcom network coverage is only available in Lagos and in 6 cities namely: Lekki, Victoria-Island, Ikoyi, Surulere, Apapa and Ikeja - up to where you have the international airport.

References:
http://www.netcomng.com/product_Mynetcom3.php
http://www.netcomng.com/product_Mynetcom4.php
http://www.netcomng.com/product_Mynetcom5.php

apapa,victoria island, surulere and co are not cities, there are more like local government areas or a subcity if u like  wink
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Seun(m): 4:35pm On Feb 26, 2006
As indicated in the original post, I lifted the article from their website. That's why it's in quotes. It's my duty to report what I read on their authoritative, not to defend it wink.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by LoverBwoy(m): 12:44am On Feb 27, 2006
skeen skeen alritey, cool

na wa o ,
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Sunny659(m): 4:49pm On Feb 27, 2006
I am using Cobranet Limited but a shared broadbandwidth connection and I am happy with their service.They offer an attractive installation Cost and resaonable monthly subscription charges.They also offer dedicated bandwidth services but I not very sure of their pricing.you could get more details from sales@cobranet.org
I am personally satisfied and would recommend it.Try them.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Uwadiegwu1: 6:00am On Apr 17, 2008
Hello,

I have been looking for any reliable provider of high speed Internet to be used in Enugu state of Nigeria. Anybody with any info should contact me @ eudechime@yahoo.com or reply to this post. I really need it ASAP.

Thanks,
Uwa.
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by OlatundeO: 1:21pm On Apr 18, 2008
Visafone , does any body have any idea as to how to go about with this service? They are new in the market so what sh'ld we expect from them?
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by inze(m): 3:12pm On Apr 18, 2008
Olatunde O:

Visafone , does any body have any idea as to how to go about with this service? They are new in the market so what sh'ld we expect from them?

yeah Visafone, i'll like if anyone can help with more information about their coverage in Lagos. I use Bourdex here in Enugu and i learnt that visafone bought it over, i want to know how their services are in lagos cos i'll like to continue browsing when am in Lagos.

x3da
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Uwadiegwu1: 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2008
Inze,
Please if you don;t mind, can you give me the full detail of Bourdex you mentioned. I intend to use it in Enugu for a lil biz i'm about to set up. what are their fff questions like::
1. what speed of Internet up what in Kbps do u get?
2. how many telephone / fax lines can you operate with?
3. How many FREE email addresses @ your own domain or their can you have (free or charged)
4. Do they provide FREE domain name registration
5. Do they have 24/7 access with customer care support
6. How many GB download allowance do they provide
7. And how many Computers can you operate on this.

finally, how much does it cost, the set up and how do u pay, monthly or yearly?
Do you have an address on how to contact them pls.
Hoping to hear from you soonest.
THANKS
uwa
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by lynxnoon(m): 11:25am On Apr 19, 2008
@poster
unwired by DirectOnPC wink wink
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by palmwine(m): 1:27am On Apr 23, 2008
Swift networks is your best bet. They cover festac Quite well with cool and affordale prices. you may want to visit http://www.swiftng.com/ then click on customer care to get more info.

i use them they could be reached on 7101010, 7738138,8774241
Re: Is Broadband Internet Access Possible in Lagos? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jun 29, 2011
Nigeria needs to wake up! We like to be the last in every latest and better technology. If I tell you the amount I am paying for ADSL you won't beleive me − it is almost free.

(1) (Reply)

Normal Or Mini Laptop: Which One Is Better? / How To Make Screenshot On Any Pc Using Your Keyboard And Commands / Dell Inspiron 5755 For Sell NOW 100K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.