Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,830 members, 7,844,688 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Johesu Suspend Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Johesu Suspend Strike (1145 Views)

Health Workers "JOHESU" Calls Off Strike / JOHESU Issues Fifteen Days Ultimatum / JOHESU:. Suspend Strike Or Face Action At NIC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Johesu Suspend Strike by sogodihno: 3:54am On Dec 01, 2014
KANO BOMB BLAST: JOHESU Suspend Strike to Save Lives
The leadership of the joint health workers union has directed its members to return to duty to save lives of victims of last Friday bombing of Kano central mosque.

The Secretary ; Health workers of union, Comrade Kabiru Ado Minjibir told journalists that its indefinite strike ” is hereby suspended following the Friday attack on Kano central mosque where hundreds of worshippers have been rushed to the hospital”Members of the union at Aminu Kano teaching hospital and National orthopedic hospital Dala had joined their counterpart across the country on indefinite strike over an age long demands from the federal government. The development came on the heel of outcry by the general public that questioned the continuation of the industrial action in the light of huge humanitarian crisis in major public health centres in the state. In the meantime, thousands of residents Sunday trooped to hospitals to donate blood in response to the clarion call to assist victims of the blast.

At Aminu Kano Teaching, National Orthopedic and Murtala Muhammed, Vanguard findings indicates voluntary donors patiently waiting to donate blood chief Medical director of Aminu Kano Teaching hospital Prof. Zakari Muhammed confirmed that the hospital recorded large turn out of voluntary donors who were eager to assist the victims” the large turn out of people here this morning is quite impressive and we are very happy to have them and on our part we have deplored our staff to ensure the exercise went smoothly” ProfessorZakari said.
SOURCE: Vanguardngr.com
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by Nobody: 3:56am On Dec 01, 2014
Duty first .
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by mictima(m): 4:04am On Dec 01, 2014
a confused country with misplaced priorities... so, what's now the point of their strike? what about the innocent lives that have died silently before the bomb blast due to inability to run vital diagnostic tests?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by Nobody: 5:31am On Dec 01, 2014
They're just trying to score cheap political points. Save lives indeed. Havent the hospitals been functioning since they went on strike?

1 Like

Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by Burger01(m): 6:07am On Dec 01, 2014
Johesu!. Smh.
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by heykims(m): 6:57am On Dec 01, 2014
JOHESU is losing it nd they know that themselves, I knew govt will start scoring them cheap since I read the graduate nurses have pulled out if the union.
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by pendusky(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2014
Nice move but
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by adeoladrg(m): 8:20am On Dec 01, 2014
Saw this on Facebook yesterday. And it's suspended only in kano state.. Get it right!
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by eridos: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2014
False news.I wonder whether they don't have editors.Vanguard. The strike wasn't suspended the CMD just begged some healthworkers to come to work and assist!!!Please stop passing fake rumors.
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by sogodihno: 1:43pm On Dec 01, 2014
I av a friend who is in sch of nursing, wen JOHESU went on strike, dey send dem home, but now they av resume class and started working today. Infact dey are receiving lecture presently. OAU Sch of nursing. Osun state. I think JOHESU has suspended d strike
Re: Johesu Suspend Strike by TCD: 7:25pm On Dec 01, 2014
Johesu is on a long thing. ... With this falling oil prices stingy FG will rather die than give anyone more money. They will rather keep it for themselves to embezle

(1) (Reply)

The 10 Dirtiest Foods You're Eating / Please I Need Your Help. / How Moringa Can Help Improve Your Skin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.