Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars (1453 Views)

Does The Use Of Air Conditioners In Cars Affect Fuel Consumption? / The Meaning Of O/D Botton On Automatic Gear Selector In Cars / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by charly24: 5:29am On Dec 01, 2014
Hello Gurus please I want to knw .is convertion of fuel to gas ok? Do u knw if there is side effect to this ?cars dat were converted do they hv any issue ?becos I heard its more efficient n economical dan fuel in terms of consumtion pls Gurus what is ur take on dis
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by tkovie2002(m): 5:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Most taxi drivers in Ghana convert their cars from Petrol to GAS (LPG). I can bet its more economical. If you are in Nigeria, I think you should consider the availability of Gas. If you are sure of that, it will be a very good idea especially if you are using the car for commercial purposes.
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by charly24: 5:43am On Dec 01, 2014
tkovie2002:
Most taxi drivers in Ghana convert their cars from Petrol to GAS (LPG). I can bet its more economical. If you are in Nigeria, I think you should consider the availability of Gas. If you are sure of that, it will be a very good idea especially if you are using the car for commercial purposes.
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by charly24: 5:47am On Dec 01, 2014
Thanks Tkovie2002 no its not for commercial but a private car but I also one can stil switch from gas to fuel wen d gas is abt to be exhusted b4 refilling d gas again thanks more info pls
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by GHKWAME1: 6:19am On Dec 01, 2014
tkovie2002:
The government of Ghana in its quest to limit the use of charcoal(felling down of trees) in its territory put in incentives to encourage households to use GAS instead of charcoal. Those incentives do not extend to private or commercial drivers, indeed the regulators are planning on outing on tax on GAS used in cars.
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by AutosBay(m): 6:24am On Dec 01, 2014
It is very risky. I would definitely reccomend not doing so, because gas is so volatile. If gas reaches a pressure just high enough, it will explode, whereas petrol needs a much higher temperature or pressure, like in diesel engines. The gas can leak, which would be very very dangerous, and if you were that adamant about doing so, i would advise you to consult a professional, who would probably reccomend that you just buy a new car that runs on gas.
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by GHKWAME1: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2014
There was a lot of leaks as a result of shoddy works done by the welders hence many cars burning(ten years ago). There are a lot of companies in Ghana today that do excellent welding, I will not board any vehicle knowing that it is powered with gas tho. The black mind is filthy, profit outweighs safety, so I will advice you to stick to what you have at the moment before an overzealous incompetent welder destroys your car.
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2014
There is no welding involved in an LPG conversion, unless things are different in Ghana and Nigeria. I am a certified LPG installer.

Considering the country this car is to be used in, I would NOT recommend an LPG installation in a vehicle. A poor install could be very hazardous to human life and property. Also, consider refilling. Are there LPG outlets in Nigeria, with the correct dispensing coupling?

Out of interest, what car is being considered for an LPG conversion? As in make, model and engine size?
Re: Please Advice Convertion Of Fuel To Gas Usage In Cars by Export1: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
What You'll Need for a Natural Gas Conversion

It doesn't take much besides a new fuel tank to convert a gasoline-burning engine to one that also runs on natural gas. Attached to the fuel tank is the regulator, which reduces tank pressure from 3600 psi to 125 psi. Fuel is then fed to a parallel fuel rail and to new, secondary injectors plugged into an adapter. A wiring harness plugs into the factory engine-control unit and intercepts throttle information, sending it to a new fueling computer, which slightly alters the data and passes it to the CNG injectors through a parallel wiring harness.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Meet The Sports Car That Runs On SALTWATER / 4x4 Offroaders Videos. / See The World’s Weirdest Accident And See What Happened (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.