Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,145 members, 7,860,109 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:45 AM

Brave Hearts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Brave Hearts (543 Views)

A Brave New World? Atheist Priests/Pastors Coming To A Church Near You. / Scriptures Expounded: Blinded Eyes And Hardened Hearts - John 12:40 / Jesus Conquered Hearts Through Love , Muhammad Conquered Through WAR - DISCUSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brave Hearts by Orikinla(m): 7:29pm On Dec 01, 2014
Monday, December 1, 2014

[size=18pt]Brave Hearts[/size]

"Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy. For when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be strong in character and ready for anything."1

Author, James Moore, wrote: "A popular movie some years ago was an entertaining film based on the female major-league baseball teams of the 1940s. In one of the most powerful scenes in the movie, the star catcher of the Rockford Peaches, played by Geena Davis, threatens to quit. She's tired; she's worn out; she's worried about her husband who has gone to war; and in a low moment, she is ready to 'throw in the towel.' This star catcher, by far the best player in the league, complains that the game is just 'too hard.' The manager of the Rockford Peaches, played by Tom Hanks, tries to talk her out of quitting.

"When she said, 'It's too hard,' he replied, 'Well, baseball's supposed to be hard. If it weren't hard, everybody would do it.' And then he said, 'Hard is what makes it great!' The same thing could be said about the Christian life: 'Hard is what makes it great!'"2

And as another has said, "When the going gets tough, the tough get going." And as the poet expressed it so well:

'Tis not the softer things of life
which stimulate man's will to strive;
but bleak adversity and strife
do most to keep man's will alive.
O'er rose-strewn paths the weaklings creep,
but brave hearts dare to climb the steep.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, thank you for the trials that you have allowed me to go through to help me become a better, healthier, more mature, and more loving person. And thank you for helping me to hang in when I wanted to hang up. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen."

1. James 1:2-4 (NLT).
2. James W. Moore, "Some Things Are Too Good Not To Be True," Dimensions (1994), pp. 83-84. (Cited on esermons.com )

<smiley)))><

NOTE: If you would like to accept God's forgiveness for all your sins and His invitation for a full pardon Click HERE.http://www.actsweb.org/

1 Like

Re: Brave Hearts by cryptic99: 9:47pm On Dec 01, 2014
God's on vacation
Re: Brave Hearts by Nobody: 1:07pm On Dec 03, 2014
this is a valuable piece i am holding so close to my hrt
Re: Brave Hearts by Orikinla(m): 3:37pm On Dec 12, 2014
Friday, December 12, 2014

[size=18pt]Getting It Right When Things Go Wrong Part III[/size]

"In all things God works for the good of those who love [and trust] Him."1

When things go wrong, as well as having a positive attitude, being realistic about our situation, and accepting what has happened, there are several additional helpful actions we need to take.

Fourth, express emotions. When things have gone wrong in my life, I've learned not to deny my feelings, so when I'm grieving, I cry. God not only gave us laughter to express our joy, but tears to express our hurt and sorrow. Crying has a healing effect. It soothes the soul. Plus, when I'm frustrated, I share my feelings with a friend. Or if I'm angry, I share my feelings with the person I'm angry at or I write them out and throw away the piece of paper.

Fifth, give thanks. I constantly make a point of giving thanks to God for the many good things in my life which far outnumber my few problems. I give thanks for these too knowing that God has a valuable lesson for me to learn. As God's Word teaches, "Always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ."2

Sixth, trust God. I have learned to trust God—not always without doubt or confusion. I don't always understand why bad things happen. However, one thing I do understand, while Satan and his forces of evil want to use my difficult times to try and destroy me, God wants to use them to strengthen me. The choice is mine.

The only times in my life when I have grown have been during difficult times. Who wants to change when everything is going well? Also, if there is any quality to my writing and other work, it has all come out of life's struggles.

While I don't believe in quick fixes or simplistic solutions to life's complex problems, I do know that God teaches us many lessons through difficult and challenging times—if we let him. In spite of outward appearances, I also believe that "in all things God works for the good of those who love [and trust] him"1—even if it is eventually!

Can you accept your difficulties as opportunities to grow and ask God to show you what he wants you to learn through them? If so, your life will be greatly enriched, and you can become a happier, healthier person.

Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to see that in all my circumstances when I commit and trust my life and way to You, all things do work together for good. Thank You for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully in Jesus's name, amen."

1. See Romans 8:28.
2. Ephesians 5:20 (NIV)

<smiley)))><

NOTE: If you would like to accept God's forgiveness for all your sins and His invitation for a full pardon Click HERE http://www.actsweb.org/

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 08/12/14 / Nigerians Are Like The Isrealites! / How Do We Fight Against The Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.