Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

New Method For System Of Equations - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Method For System Of Equations (864 Views)

35 Common Equations In Chemistry That You Must Know / 17 Mathematics Equations That Changed The World Totally / New Method Of Cheating In An Exam Hall Discovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Method For System Of Equations by makasimatics(m): 9:11am On Dec 02, 2014
Magic Process :
This algorithm is a newly created algorithm which applies to both system of 2 or 3 linear equations. The algorithm involves series of steps to be observed, and it appears in matrix form. At the last stage( the last matrix) ,we then compute the determinant of 2 by 2 matrix contained in the 3 by 3 matrix ( assuming we are dealing with 3 linear equations) to have the value of the second variable, whereas the value of the first unknown is already in the 3 by 3 matrix. Then,the determinant of the whole matrix (3 by 3 in this case) yield us the value of the last or remaining unknown.

In the case of 2 linear equations, the determinant of the last matrix yields the value of the second variable whereas,one of the entry of the 2 by 2 matrix is the value of the first unknown.
Mr chinedu Makasi (b.s.c,economics) created this algorithm on the 27th day of November 2014.

See example in the mathematical capsule 1.1.

3X+2Y-Z=1
2X-2Y+4Z=-2
-X+0.5Y-Z=0

Now, going through my process, I have my final matrix below.

(0.666 0.333 -0.333)........R1
(1. 0.800. -1.400)........R2
(0. -2. 1. )........R3

This is the matrix that will yield all the values of the variables.
The second element of R3 is the value of Z. Thus Z=-2.

Now we take the determinant of the 2 by 2 matrix contained in the 3 by 3 matrix using the second and last elements of both R2 and R3. Thus we have,

Y =(0.cool(1) - (-2)(-1.4)=-2.

Then for x value,we compute the determinant of the whole matrix using sarrus rule or co- factor method which then gives us -1.
Then we multiply this determinant by a constant which is,+ or - 1. But we multiply by -1 in this case to have 1.
Thus, X=1.

You can check these answers using any other algorithm.

By Makasi Chinedu( b.s.c,economics)
Re: New Method For System Of Equations by makasimatics(m): 9:15am On Dec 02, 2014
I do not wish to show other processes since I have not published it yet. That last matrix performs so much magic and it is on that note that I nicknamed the method," Magic method.
Re: New Method For System Of Equations by DEGREE2466(m): 12:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
makasimatics:
I do not wish to show other processes since I have not published it yet. That last matrix performs so much magic and it is on that note that I nicknamed the method," Magic method.

this is too rigorous

1 Like

Re: New Method For System Of Equations by DEGREE2466(m): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2014
makasimatics:
Magic Process :
This algorithm is a newly created algorithm which applies to both system of 2 or 3 linear equations. The algorithm involves series of steps to be observed, and it appears in matrix form. At the last stage( the last matrix) ,we then compute the determinant of 2 by 2 matrix contained in the 3 by 3 matrix ( assuming we are dealing with 3 linear equations) to have the value of the second variable, whereas the value of the first unknown is already in the 3 by 3 matrix. Then,the determinant of the whole matrix (3 by 3 in this case) yield us the value of the last or remaining unknown.

In the case of 2 linear equations, the determinant of the last matrix yields the value of the second variable whereas,one of the entry of the 2 by 2 matrix is the value of the first unknown.
Mr chinedu Makasi (b.s.c,economics) created this algorithm on the 27th day of November 2014.

See example in the mathematical capsule 1.1.

3X+2Y-Z=1
2X-2Y+4Z=-2
-X+0.5Y-Z=0

Now, going through my process, I have my final matrix below.

(0.666 0.333 -0.333)........R1
(1. 0.800. -1.400)........R2
(0. -2. 1. )........R3

This is the matrix that will yield all the values of the variables.
The second element of R3 is the value of Z. Thus Z=-2.

Now we take the determinant of the 2 by 2 matrix contained in the 3 by 3 matrix using the second and last elements of both R2 and R3. Thus we have,

Y =(0.cool(1) - (-2)(-1.4)=-2.

Then for x value,we compute the determinant of the whole matrix using sarrus rule or co- factor method which then gives us -1.
Then we multiply this determinant by a constant which is,+ or - 1. But we multiply by -1 in this case to have 1.
Thus, X=1.

You can check these answers using any other algorithm.

By Makasi Chinedu( b.s.c,economics)

3X+2Y-Z=1
2X-2Y+4Z=-2
-X+0.5Y-Z=0

3 2 -1 x = 1
2 -2 4 y =-2
-1 0.5 -1 z =0

after writing the numbers in a matrix format like this then input the values of the constants in the column of each variable you want to look for and divide by the determinant of the original matrix

example: if you want to find the value of x then

1 2 -1
-2 -2 4
0 0.5 -1

find the determinant of the above matrix and divideby the determinant of

3 2 -1
2 -2 4
-1 0.5 -1

so will you do for y and z and replacing the column of the places the appeared with the constants

1 Like

Re: New Method For System Of Equations by makasimatics(m): 9:16am On Dec 03, 2014
DEGREE2466:

3X+2Y-Z=1
2X-2Y+4Z=-2
-X+0.5Y-Z=0

3 2 -1 x = 1
2 -2 4 y =-2
-1 0.5 -1 z =0

after writing the numbers in a matrix format like this then input the values of the constants in the column of each variable you want to look for and divide by the determinant of the original matrix

example: if you want to find the value of x then

1 2 -1
-2 -2 4
0 0.5 -1

find the determinant of the above matrix and divideby the determinant of

3 2 -1
2 -2 4
-1 0.5 -1

so will you do for y and z and replacing the column of the places the appeared with the constants

What u just did was determinant over determinant. And that is cramas rule.

1 Like

Re: New Method For System Of Equations by makasimatics(m): 9:19am On Dec 03, 2014
DEGREE2466:

this is too rigorous

It is not, only if u grasp the principle behind it. 4 processes were taken b4 the magic matrix was derived. The steps are what u will wish to know
Re: New Method For System Of Equations by DEGREE2466(m): 10:18am On Dec 03, 2014
makasimatics:

yea crammers rule bro
Re: New Method For System Of Equations by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 03, 2014
makasimatics:

good job , but you make it complex for beginner instead of using the long crammers rule why can't you use sarrus method or inverse method that quite explanatory.

team #habiz EEE
Re: New Method For System Of Equations by makasimatics(m): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2014
Habiz:

good job , but you make it complex for beginner instead of using the long crammers rule why can't you use sarrus method or inverse method that quite explanatory.

team #habiz EEE

I have a process for it. I just showed the conclusion. Do not worry, I will publish it soon. Thanks for the compliment.

(1) (Reply)

Ksu ASUU Chapter Embarks On Indefinite Strike / 2015/2016 Usman Dan Fodio University Sokoto POST UTME FORM07038089562 / Lagos State School Of Nursing Form 2015/16 Is Out. School Contact

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.