Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

|**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| - Rap Battles - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rap Battles / |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| (673 Views)

|**|NL-King-Of-Poet[2015]=Group Stage/Fixtures|**| / ** NL King Of Poet ** Group Stage / * + * ~ Nl King Tournament[ First Round] : Limerick Vs Ksslib ~ * + * (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

|**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Guykhena(m): 9:29am On Dec 02, 2014
[size=13pt]Limerick Vs Obainojazz [/size] (Group C)

Title :Campaign Speech

Instruction: What you're campaigning for is totally up to you,just make sure it follows the below criteria.

Note: :Your Verse shouldn't Lose that Hip-Hop touch .

Criteria

Creativity-- 2 points

Flow- - 1 point

Imagery- - 2 points

Rhyme Scheme-- 2 points

Consistency/Topic-- 4 points

Lit Elements/Metaphors-- 2 points

Vocabulary-- 2 points

Emotion

Rules (must be strictly adhered to)

- 8bars/16Lines...

- Deadline is Thursday Dec 4th 4pm

- Verses should be posted by both contestants on
or not later than deadline date.

- No biting, swaying, stretching, feeding or
recycling.

- No complaining about votes.

- No dissing of opponent

- No unnecessary comments

Goodluck!
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by obainojazz(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2014
check
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Limerick: 12:56pm On Dec 02, 2014
I shock
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by obainojazz(m): 4:10pm On Dec 04, 2014
hello my people

i am martin luther king
i have a dream/ to rule with my team/ after this regime......enough is enough....we've been pushed to the bricks
by politicians & religious extreme/
our politicians fat but the budget getting lean/..soldiers are weak/ they gat low self-esteem/ now the getting killed/
like senator lime rick/
blood everywhere...nowadays...red is the theme/ everywhere screams/....#bringbackourgirls...those boko boys
really mean/
but i have a scheme/for our country to be redeemed/ in Africa we shall be supreme/ but first....vote me in

i will promote hip hop/ make prices of fuel drop/ fix roads and prisons looking like dungeons/ una go experience chop chop/
with my plans for good crops/
lights will be non stop/100,000MW of electricity....my achievements will make you all shock

Now lets talk about the economy/ thats another story they telling me/ job creation least in their priorities/.....$500billion in G.D.P
but we ain't feeling it/
lime rick lime rick...that's my opponent....even poverty is calling him

our education system is crap/ pilots wannabees never see an aircraft/ the lecturers are bad/ the education minister is daft/
needs to be slapped/ and shot on top of that

I'm bold to say am competent/ i'll stop embezzlement/ and start a movement../ for economy development/ with
good management/
terrorism will be at its detriment/ no more violence/....i shall provide an Environment/ for strenght and excellence/
vote me....president

2 Likes

Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Limerick: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
Ok, Lets face facts and not dally/.... power is in our hands to choose wisely/.... I'd slam a big ante/.... on an electorate , a 'ladies fav' like white and pink panties/....so we rally fast and eargerly/.... B-boys with stunts on the mud...gettin their hands soiled... Like Palms of ritualists/
...... Buh the heartbeat of the masses...... is far more heavier than the sparks of street rallies!!!/

..... this isnt funny... I never had Charlie's clips fancied/..... INEC distributing PVC's/.... reaching those who be truly Indigenes/.... Old folks on a Queue with weakened sticks/.... So we the youths wuld rudely speak/
..... But its a typical naija case, it shouldnt be taken cordially..... even as it doesnt affects those with hondas, mitsibushis etc!!/

Dafuq! this level of being biased swayed my involvement/.... shouldnt I be putting the blame on the Governement?/..... and proceed to crave reinforcement?/.... But No! Its an 'old stunt'.... aged folks could testify; they'd break on the process!!!/

.... Its right we diss the aims of the government/.... Cuz we the future and we brave/....take note, yu wuldnt last a day/....if words aint carefully choosen and rephased/.... Last time I checked, they took more Lives away/.... than heineken adverts on football matches played/
..... Buh one thing is certain..... We make every diss count..... Even if it doesnt reduce the price we pay!!/

these days, the mornings be horror/.... to queue up/.... almost calling a laywer/.... with few cops/.... Elections drew wars/.... It was f*cking disordered/.... we've all fought in a dungeon/
..... Its high time we appointed a warrior/... to rule us!!/

.... On a situation report, its a Critical tactic/..... PDP, APC, Political parties/.... Na'am voicing it out from a Lyrical Abyss/.... Mystical antics/
...... I'm a wierd mo'hafucker........ But with concepts more visual than digital factories!!!/

Original fact is/... Campaigns are bubby rich/..... fly off the handle.... Put it on repeat/..... Now is the only time the poor will eat/.... So so so for Governor and all that shiit... Speech short as the f*ckers pouring gifts/
..... Buh I'm f*cked as well..... If yu ask me, Last campaign, I got a bag of rice from the ish!!!/

.... Political announcement is a Psycho fact/...Cuz like a dino squad/....it a battle for old time sake as our real choices harder than a Rhino's àss/
.... PVC gone, Campaign for leaders done with..... we now waiting for votes like I and Obainojazz!!!/

Let The Best Man Win

3 Likes

Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Guykhena(m): 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2014
Open for votes;
Judges;
Mikuz
Kr0ne
Elymaxiimus
Loonat11kk
Rapmaestro
Guykhena
Ibime
Emaprince
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by ELYMAXiimus(m): 7:45pm On Dec 04, 2014
Y'all need to understand your topic before writing...
Limerick, you were talking about campaigns, you were'nt campaigning....

The topic: campaign speech.

Description : what you're campaigning for . . .

In other words, you should put yourself in the position of a contester...

In has much as your verse was more polished nd better than jazz's. Nd i really liked your verse,
I just hav to go with jazz, based on the topic..

If the topic was just "campaign"...
Nd description was ; talk anything bout campaigning or you can campaign yourself. You def woulda gotten my verd! Cos the wordplays n mets n creativity were just too much! But regrettably off point.
Jazz's verse was not rich with the crits enough. But he tried. At least he understood his topic..

Hence

MVGT = jazz
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by kr0ne(m): 8:06pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mvgt - Tie

Reason: Obainojazz could have won this for me but rule said 'don't diss ur opponent'. Limerick has a better verse but way out of topic
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Emaprince: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2014
Mvgt limerick

I'm voting limerick just to give him another chance to stick directly with the topic..in his two verses,he's never folloed the topic but he got lots of creativity and good rhymes better than his opponents...I expect him to understand the instruction and stick with it in his next..

Obianojazz went with the topic...but the wowing line he has is...."100,000MW of electricity....my achievements will make you all shock"...he dissed his opponent which was wrong.

If I should break it down with the criteria...obianojazz may win just consistency..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Guykhena(m): 6:54am On Dec 05, 2014

First off, Jazz dissing his opponent tho I told him to read the rules,I guess he didn't .

Creativity- 2 Points-Limerick(His verse was creative,tho not in a direct way)

Flow-1 Point- Limerick

Imagery-2 Points- Obainojazz

Rhyme Scheme- 2 Points- Limerick

Consistency/Topic- 4 Points- Obainojazz(wow,dafuq? Limerick what were you doing? I SHOCK ,I mean this is a pretty straight forward topic,right?
I didn't even know if you were campaigning or what? If this is your Campaign speech of cus no one will vote for you,I mean they'll be so pissed off that if they see a vote going your way they'll rig it grin .
But on a serious note pls next time try to follow/Understand the topic abeg,its ok to ask questions).

Lit Elements/Metaphors- 2 Points- Limerick

Vocabulary- 2 Points- Limerick
9-6
Jazz had a chance to bank this up,he was already consistent all he needed was just putting in each criteria in place,while Lime got the Bulk of the criteria but he was off.
MVGT- Limerick

Why aint being strict is bcus this is the group stage,from the Quarters up,the Consistency Criteria will be the heart of each verse,if your verse doesn't follow the topic its an automatic loss for you(that's if your opponent is consistent) no matter how good you worked on the criteria.

1 Like

Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Limerick: 11:21pm On Dec 07, 2014
Is the thread closed or what?
Re: |**|NL King-Of-Poet(Group Stage[C]): Limerick Vs Obainojazz|**| by Guykhena(m): 6:36am On Dec 08, 2014
Closed: Limerick Wins...

(1) (Reply)

**king Of Poet** {group A} Testerfuze Vs Gottoboy / New Videos / Music : Exclusiveboys Aka Phoenix "Iga-egbu Mmadu" (prod. By Kezyklef)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.