Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,843 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) (11879 Views)

Cheat Ing Men Dont Need Prayers. They Need To Be Kicked To The Curb / His Valentine Card Melted My Heart As Usual / Traffic Jam In Abuja – The Usual Suspects (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 04, 2014
Umukoro! grin

That's the surname of all my Urhobo Uncles.

Too bad my half-Urhobo and half-Benin friend has no Urhobo name.

megho!! grin
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by JEITO: 12:11pm On Dec 04, 2014
Do they have a beef with God
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by ogb5(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2014
JEITO:
Do they have a beef with God

They must be feed up of hearing the word "God", with all the atrocities people commit in the name of God.

Op you can try

Edeki
Edesiri
Obukowho
Orovwigho
Ojiyovwi
Otawarien
Awherosuo
Memarien

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by pharuk: 5:05pm On Dec 04, 2014
Henrypraise:
I will first ask: wat part of urhobo?

Takin 4 instance d followin names means same tin in dia category but slightly diff spellins n pronounciation:

Rumene--okpe
Rukeme--Uvwie/ agbon
Rukevwe--agbaro/ orogun
Rukoma--isoko

Mamekpe--uvwie
Mamuyovwi--agbaro/ orogun
Mamuromu--okpe
Mamuzo--isoko

Onome--agbaro n d rest of urhobo
Oneme--Okpe n uvwie

Akpevwe--d rest of urhobo
Akpemie--okpe/ uvwie

Ochuko--d rest of urhobo
Othuke--isoko

So wat part of urhobo does ur person cum from?

I wud chose d popular Akpos 4 dem, its a unisex name, its popular n its easy to pronouce.

Howeva, if u lookin 4 sumtin difficult, go 4 "Orhienosonobrugwebruru" or "ekpakpasimaga"

Akpos is a def No, she would be laughed out and never taken serious (depending if akpos is still in fashion when she grows up)

But valid points to the area - He is from Eku, not sure how u map that out.

Someone also not why they this couple doesn't want oghene. The whole family on his part has an Oghene to everything, they believe in God strongly but can do without another oghene.

But please keep the suggestions coming, i have some great names already here and very pleased with the response i have been getting so far
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by pharuk: 5:07pm On Dec 04, 2014
SirShymex:
Umukoro! grin

megho!! grin

Umukoro is an old fashioned surname mostly used by men, won't be surprised if it comes back in season - however its def not a girls name
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Dec 04, 2014
pharuk:

Umukoro is an old fashioned surname mostly used by men, won't be surprised if it comes back in season - however its def not a girls name

Oh ok.

How about "Osa?"

Is that Urhobo or Benin?
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by kemifemi: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2014
How about Tejiri? Don't know the meaning tho
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Henrypraise: 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2014
pharuk:

Akpos is a def No, she would be laughed out and never taken serious (depending if akpos is still in fashion when she grows up)

But valid points to the area - He is from Eku, not sure how u map that out.

Someone also not why they this couple doesn't want oghene. The whole family on his part has an Oghene to everything, they believe in God strongly but can do without another oghene.

But please keep the suggestions coming, i have some great names already here and very pleased with the response i have been getting so far

D Eku pple ar d agbon pple of urhobo n de speak d normal urhobo u hear almost everywere. By d way y don't de want oghene in d name? Ar de atheist?

If not:
Tega
Ejiro
Ofejiro
Orhien (Oris)
Oke
Ovie/ Uvie
Eguolor
Enakirerhu (Ena)
Ovo
Ighorodje
Ufuoma
Ese
Mine

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by EfemenaXY: 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2014
SirShymex:
Umukoro! grin

megho!! grin

You are Urhobo?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by EfemenaXY: 4:52pm On Dec 06, 2014
pharuk:
Hi Folks,

So he is an Urhobo man, married to a Caribbean lady and resides in Europe (emphasis in Europe because not everyone can even pronounce his name, the idea would be to get a short easy name)

They are expecting a baby girl soon and both running out of ideas for an urhobo name

They already have a first name and his wife insists on having an Urhobo second name.

I have checked the popular sites (Wadoo, cutebabynamez.com) and nothing really sticks.

Will appreciate suggestions of names and the meaning

Many thanks

Eru - Beauty

Efezino - Wealth has come

Efemena - My wealth

Ewoma - (not sure what the meaning of that name is, but it sure does sound nice!) cheesy
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

You are Urhobo?? shocked shocked shocked

I'm not Urhobo, I just have a lot of Urhobo and Edo Uncles (I call them Uncles cos they are my Uncles' friends). And my boy is half-Benin and half-Urhobo (his mum). I got the "megho" word from him cos that is what he says every time his mum rings him lol.
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by EfemenaXY: 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2014
SirShymex:

I'm not Urhobo, I just have a lot of Urhobo and Edo Uncles (I call them Uncles cos they are my Uncles' friends). And my boy is half-Benin and half-Urhobo (his mum). I got the "megho" word from him cos that is what he says every time his mum rings him lol.

Ah! So you're Benin then.

Oh, and it's Megwo not Megho cheesy cheesy
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by 5minsmadness: 5:45pm On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Smh.
Its not 'e' it is 'i'

Migwo

Vhren dó.

Magharé?

Yankee don do you strong thing ma sista
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by EfemenaXY: 5:50pm On Dec 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

Smh.
Its not 'e' it is 'i'

Migwo

Vhren dó.

Magharé?

Yankee don do you strong thing ma sista

Ta! Who're you saying vrendo to? shocked shocked shocked

My bad! Yes, you are correct, it should be "Migwo" with the "i". tongue tongue

My Urhobo is scanty at best, but then again, I'm not Urhobo. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by 5minsmadness: 5:55pm On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Ta! Who're you saying vrendo to? shocked shocked shocked

My bad! Yes, you are correct, it should be "Migwo" with the "i". tongue tongue

My Urhobo is scanty at best, but then again, I'm not Urhobo. cheesy cheesy

shocked shocked shocked
Faints
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by EfemenaXY: 6:05pm On Dec 06, 2014
5minsmadness:

shocked shocked shocked
Faints

Pop your eyes back into your head jor. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Oh, ok.

And nah, I'm Yoruba (Lagos Ijebu).

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by rezzy: 7:59pm On Dec 06, 2014
EfemenaXY:

Eru - Beauty

Efezino - Wealth has come

Efemena - My wealth

Ewoma - (not sure what the meaning of that name is, but it sure does sound nice!) cheesy

Ewomazino- Goodness has come
its an Isoko name

1 Like

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by chic2pimp(m): 1:09am On Dec 07, 2014
Ekhermute- lovely name. She would simply be called mute(pronounced Mu-te)
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by fredoooooo: 10:58am On Dec 07, 2014
chic2pimp:
Ekhermute- lovely name. She would simply be called mute(pronounced Mu-te)

Bros mute is mutairu o tongue
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by chic2pimp(m): 7:34pm On Dec 07, 2014
fredoooooo:

Bros mute is mutairu o tongue

Fredoooooooooooooooooo How chelsea nau? grin grin grin
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by fredoooooo: 5:16am On Dec 08, 2014
chic2pimp:

Fredoooooooooooooooooo How chelsea nau? grin grin grin

My pastor how Milan for Genoa and on the league table na ,una need more than prayers. grin
Bonera been your captain sef speaks volumes grin grin grin
abegi come to your Milan thread no let them ban me , I no dey pass my boundary o grin
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by nowpresence(f): 8:58pm On Apr 18, 2018

Oh ok.
How about "Osa?"
Is that Urhobo or Benin?
osa is debt in urhobo
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by nowpresence(f): 9:11pm On Apr 18, 2018
uyiri eseovwe enita ojevwe afoke furu ofure ufuoma onajite elohor isio osio omakashe kobiruo kesiena okiemute omafume eguono/eguolor eruvwu akpesiri edesiri onome omena emuobosa
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by nowpresence(f): 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
uyiri eseovwe enita ojevwe afoke furu ofure ufuoma onajite elohor isio osio omakashe kobiruo kesiena okiemute omafume eguono/eguolor eruvwu akpesiri edesiri onome omena emuobosa oro
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by wealthtrak: 5:15pm On Jan 27, 2022
rezzy:

Isoko - Oghenekome while urhobo is Oghenekevwe meaning God gave me.

Ovie means king so it cant be a unisex name
Interesting... 'Kome versus 'Kevwe.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Jan 27, 2022
pharuk:
Hi Folks,

So he is an Urhobo man, married to a Caribbean lady and resides in Europe (emphasis in Europe because not everyone can even pronounce his name, the idea would be to get a short easy name)

They are expecting a baby girl soon and both running out of ideas for an urhobo name

They already have a first name and his wife insists on having an Urhobo second name.

I have checked the popular sites (Wadoo, cutebabynamez.com) and nothing really sticks.

Will appreciate suggestions of names and the meaning

Many thanks
Ochuko , Enogie
Re: They Need An Urhobo Name - Female (without The Usual Oghene) by Ishilove: 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2022
ojeota:
Efe means riches
... Ochuko(protection), omena( this is my own), omote(girl), kobiruo(thank you).
I thought I saw 'Kabiru'. Phew!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Proper To Make My Wife Next Of Kin? / Perfection - The Wonderful Life of A Good (naija) Wife / Is Marriage A Bed Of Roses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.