Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,219 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow (1107 Views)

Revisiting General Muhammadu Buhari’s 1998 Thesis On Religion, Media And Leaders / Fg Orders Igbo Govs And Leaders Not To Create A Refugee Crises / Kids With Guts; Leaders Of Tomorrow Waiting To Vote (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Sometime ago i came across a whatsapp message from a friend, in that message, the writter was lamenting about how their teacher have made it known to them that they were to be the leaders of tomorrow. The writter went forward to inform us that such dreams have not come to pass that those who have been in power since he was a little kid are the ones who are still at the helm of affairs in the country.
Unlike my probing nature of asking whoever moves such messages to me different questions, i ignored him because i know he wont give me any meaninful answer to my questions.

It is true that many of those who are still in power since Nigeria’s independence have been there for a very long time and should have hanged their boot, but we must also point out that the Nigerian youths have had some share of power in one way or the other.

Then, the question arises as to what they have done with such opportunities given to them. It will be an act of falsehood to say that our youths have not been given the opportunity to rule in one way or the other. Goodluck Jonathan is a clear example of those in this category. We must not also forget Tambuwal, Amaechi, Oshiomhole, akpabio, mimiko, obi, obiano, orji kalu, Amosun, Obanikoro, Akunyili, Fashola etc. Most of the commisioners, State house of Assembly Members, special advisers and other aides to our politicians are young Nigerians. So those who go about shouting the youths are/were not given chances to lead should look for a better job.

Some of this opportuned leaders who are regarded as youths did not live up to expectation. Names like Dimeji Bankole, Farouk Lawal Alamesigha Ibori etc quickly comes to mind.

The truth is, the Nigerian youths are not ready for leadership positions and when i say leadership, i mean quality leadership that everyone can be proud of. How many of our SUG presidents have discharged their duties with honesty and dedication to the students they led. All throughout my university days none of them realy gave a good account of themselves. All they did was to embezle, mismanage funds and dance to the tune of the school management to the detriment of the students.

Just recently some Nigerian students were shot by military men in university of Jos and just like their normal misplaced priority the politicaly affiliated body who call themselves NANS (National Association of Nigerian Students) kept quiet. The same hide and seek they played during the ASUU strike. Most times, the Nigerian Youths are the ones used for electoral malpractice, violence and propaganda. Many of them engage in PDP vs APC war online on issues that should not warrant such unecessary and useless show of shame by them. Many of them have nothing to show for in their life other than being cultist which they brag about while the Nation is in shambles.

The nigerian Youths need serious re-orientation in many facets of life before they can fully beat their chest to say we are ready for serious leadership except they want to continue in the foot steps of those who have kept this country the way it is.

Princewill Chimereze
Writter, Facilitator, public Affairs Analyst, and Social Commentator.
Source: www.enlightennigeriablog.
Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by aljharem(m): 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2014
Keep voting for Buhari, atiku, Tinubu , OBj and expect that tomorrow to come.

Keep voting APC and expect the youths to be in power.

Only PDP has the platform for the youths to grow

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by aljharem(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2014
Stu.pid Nigerians. A man steals you dry in his bedroom and shuts change . You gullible people follow like cows

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2014
aljharem:
Keep voting for Buhari, atiku, Tinubu , OBj and expect that tomorrow to come.

Keep voting APC and expect the youths to be in power.

Only PDP has the platform for the youths to grow
One of them without objectivity and sound reasoning but only knows pdp rubbish that gives him no profit. Am sure he never finished reading this. Before commenting nonsense. Continue.
Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2014
aljharem:
Stu.pid Nigerians. A man steals you dry in his bedroom and shuts change . You gullible people follow like cows
And your opinion is?
Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 9:01am On Dec 03, 2014
Seun, maclatunji, Ikenna351, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Afam4eva. Pls help move this to front page. Its a realy interesting topic.
Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 4:29pm On Dec 09, 2014
This post deserve front page for God's sake why this discrimination of some posters on NL.
Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2014
MORNDEW:
Seun, maclatunji, Ikenna351, Ngwakwe, OAM4J, Afam4eva. Pls help move this to front page. Its realy an interesting topic.
our Youths need to know
Re: The Nigerian Youths And Leaders Of Tomorrow by MORNDEW(m): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2014
If u believe in Nigeria and love knowledge, put this on front page it deserves it.

(1) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria Classy And Classless President And VP Come Feb, 2015 / Buhari's Missing Primary School Certificate. / Yorubass Now Live With Treachery And Lies For Gratification

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.