Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,422 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel (2590 Views)

World Bank Raises 2016 Oil Price Forecast To $41 Per Barrel / Oil Price Rises Above $40 Per Barrel, OPEC mend Fences. / Crude Oil Price Rise After Russia Agrees To OPEC Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Obinoscopy(m): 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2014
Price of crude oil rose yesterday to above $72 a barrel, recovering from a five-year low it hit earlier as investors looked for a price floor after last week’s Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) decision not to cut production.

But oil and gas as well as industrialists said Nigeria shouldn’t jubilate yet as the country’s loss to the slip will take a long time to recoup.

U.S. crude and Brent have fallen for five months in a row, oil’s longest losing streak since the 2008 financial crisis.

Brent hit a low of $67.53 a barrel, the lowest since October 2009, before rising to $72.00 a barrel yesterday.

U.S. crude was up $1.01 at $67.16 a barrel, having slipped to an intraday low of $63.72, the lowest since July 2009.

“The market is still very much in panic mode,” said Energy Aspects’ chief oil analyst Amrita Sen.

“Once we get over the panic, Brent prices will probably stabilise at around $65-80 a barrel in the short term.”

“We can expect such volatility in the near future given the market had overshot to the downside,” Sen said.

Oil lost more than 12 percent after OPEC’s decision last Thursday.

Speaking with one of our correspondents in Lagos yesterday, the Director General of Lagos Chambers of Commerce and Industry (LCCI), Mr Muda Yusuf said it is too early to jubilate over the oil price surge.
http://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/business/40876-oil-price-rise-no-jubilation-for-nigeria-yet-experts

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by blemon44(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Make we Dey look
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ok
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by malali: 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Oil....the bane of our existence.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by HAkorehdeh(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2014
Nice one. wink

Waiting for our Apc brothers to comment on this.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Blackchampion(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Meaning
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Who was planning on jubilating before?

Mtcheeww

I am posting Via Nairaland for nokia

1 Like

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Babyboy1986(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Hmmmm.
Kkk
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Eladua(m): 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thank God o grin
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by greatdeal1408: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2014
better the oil price fall totally to 45 naira or 20 naira so that Nigeria government can learn how to sustain without oil.
i don't think this up and down of oil price will change anything in a long run

2 Likes

I read this not too long . I pray the industry gets back to what it used to be.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by ITbomb(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
I really didn't understand the panic created by the prophets of doom.

When crude oil slide in October /November. I was happy cos that was the best time.
Reason, energy demand increases as the cold weather and snow sweep across the northern hemisphere and without doubt, the uncertainty in gas supply from Russia and the recent OPEC meeting which helped stem the speculations is keeping the oil price stable.

We are expecting a $75 to $85 per barrel stability at the end of the year because Winter Is Coming!

Meanwhile the Shale oil war between US and OPEC is on and the grass that suffer is the oil dependent economies. $80 per bbl is a fair trade off to keep the shale oil production relatively unprofitable

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Nobody: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
grin
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by ollyboy009(m): 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
Fresh Air! and naira has already bn devalued (#183/$), oya mak oga at d top order our able CBN governor to revalue naira bck to its previous worth.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by devour129: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2014
All cos of apc ! Just joking
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
God please give me the Grace and ability to forgive my government... When oil price drops, price of commodity in the local market will increase. But when oil price rises, price of goods in local market remains where it is...

God hope you're using 3d binoculars to watch my leaders so you'll see them clearly??
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by ratiken(m): 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
Good development, the market will remain unstable for a while but I doubt Nigeria will ever recover from this in a short while. However, good learning for Nigerians ...... Don't be over dependent on oil.

GEJ started off well diversifying the economy by revitalizing the agricultural and automobile sector. He has also set the tone for the power sector by privatization. He wanted to open up Nigerian downstream sector by the removal of fuel subsidy but Nigeria revolted. The technocrats in this govt envisaged this and have done quite well attempting economic diversification.

My only appeal goes out to Buhari and his APC northern elements to call their bokoharam boys to order for this country to grow. If only these recycled previous northern leaders did their own part, we would have been long at this time. We know they are keeping to their promise of making the country ungovernable but they should understand that the Nigerian dream is greater than their selfish political targets.

2 Likes

Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Tosin007(m): 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2014
I still don't understand what drives the price up and down
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Tic4tac(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
hmm
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2014
Smiles! Of what benefit is it to me?
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by OCTAVO: 4:31pm On Dec 02, 2014
Thanks be to God.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by igbsam(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2014
Well, we shall see.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by patfem(m): 4:44pm On Dec 02, 2014
We don hear. Increase or decrease in crude oil price doesn't stop me frm CRUZING my private JET
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by scholes23(m): 4:53pm On Dec 02, 2014
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by rozayx5(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2014
good one shocked
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Rhozabeth(m): 5:30pm On Dec 02, 2014
Time to de-emphasize this dependence on oil! I wish the oil will just dry up from the wells soon! Then I will see where the govt will get the money to loot from!
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by dmostcheerful(f): 5:57pm On Dec 02, 2014
lets do something to diversify our economy and stop hoping on oil price stability. over dependency on oil will sooner or later hurt nigeria economy.
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Maczeelly(m): 5:58pm On Dec 02, 2014
Does it have any positive effect on the mass...............

Alright oooo
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by fr3do(m): 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Yes!

Maczeelly:
Does it have any positive effect on the mass...............
Alright oooo

Idk, but it falling would have so much devastating effect on the masses, I don't see how corrupt politicians will suffer, only that their fetish of watching their account balance swell won't be fulfilled.
Oga you had better rejoice.

This going green madness should stop, the earth has survived the ice age, meteor showers, solar storms e.t.c. I don't see how our small CO2 emission will change anything.
Oil is convenient and efficient, use it!
Re: Crude Oil Price Rises To $72 Per Barrel by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 02, 2014
Many ogas at da top now will be dancing shokin......da looting continues

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Small Business Can I Start Without Any Cash? / Paypal And Clickbank, In Nigeria, What Kind Of Business Is This? / FRAUD Watch List - Is Standard Alliance Assets And Management Capital A Scam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.