Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) (1606 Views)

M.i.’s ‘the Chairman’ Album – The Preview And Review / Open Letter To M.I Abaga / Album Review: Psquare Double Trouble. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by RothmasPop: 6:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
here are 10 reasons why you need to listen to this M.I’S THE CHAIRMAN ALBUM but before that i will like you guys to check out the album review 1st and see what the tracks look like and reasons why you should listen to the ALBUM and after that am going to give you the 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO M.I – THE CHAIRMAN ALBUM. Well the album is arranged in a WORDS and OPPOSITE form.
M.I-The-Chairman-Official-Album-Art1

FRONT COVER

Artist – M.I Abaga
Album – The Chairman
Features – Chigurl, Koker, Wizkid, Reminisce, Moti Cakes, Emmy Ace, Beenie Man, Nosa, Milli, Olamide, I.J, Patoranking, Phyno, Runtown, Stormrex, Seyi Shay, Ice Prince, Sarkodie, DJ Lambo, Debbie, Morell, Loose Kaynon, Tuface, Sound Sultan, Oritse Femi, Frank Edwards, Nanya
Producers – M.I, L37, Reinhard, Sarz, G-Plus, Pheelz, Sammy Gyang, Vstix
Label – Chocolate City/Loopy Music
Running Time – 75 minutes
mi album back

BACK COVER

1. The Beginning / Nobody - This hilarious intro was made to know that you should not let anybody limit your dream no matter the challenges or problem you face.

2. MONKEY FEAT CHIGIRL - Chigirl on the hook and chorus of this track , this track is about you not paying attention to people that wanna bring you down and people that don’t need your audience

3. RICH FEAT KOKER - Koker killed the hook of this track ,but he was almost sounding like brymo tho, this track is about having hope that things will be better no matter what people say about you and they also added a pastor’s voice over on the track, really dope tho..

4. MINE FEAT WIZKID - This track was all about love and how he will make his girlfriend/wife proud and to make her his own. Wizkid killed the chorus of this track because he was sounding like the wizkid we use to know from the days of FAST MONEY FAST CARS..

5. BULLION VAN FEAT PHYNO, RUNTOWN , STORMREX - Bullion van his talking about the way they Roll when they go out, and how they do spend money and turn up anywhere they are. Runtown was on the chorus while phyno fyno delivered his dope lines on the track and stomrex took the last verse.

6. BAD BELLE FEAT MOTI CAKES - Bad Belle is a track that talks about people who are hating on once success and they are always trying to do more than you are , but you just dont need to notice them, ITS ALLOWED.. Moti Cakes on the hook.

7. SHEKPE FEAT REMINISCE - This track is craay because M.I included a nursery rhyme in the track but changed it to shekpe, and the track is for people who love chillen and grinding , this the song to listen to if you are with your guys and you guys wanna chill ” 5 shekpe bottles standing on the wall'” LOL u need to listen to this track sha…

8. BROTHER FEAT NOSA AND MILLI - This song is like the best track (my opinion ), This track is talking about choc city breakup, how jessy jagz left them and brymo misbehavior in the team , M.I was lamenting on the track that he cant do without his brothers that he misses them in chocolate city and they are free to come back anytime they want .. Recently Iceprince sang his own version and titled it REPLY BROTHER.. I MISS THE CHOC BOYS

9. THE MIDDLE FEAT OLAMIDE AND I.J - The middle is basically talking about the you just staying on your lane, well there was more punchline on this track tho and olamide really killed is verse and this is just surprising have M.I and OLAMIDE on a track and even features him on his album …

10. ENEMIES FEAT PATORANKING - At 1st when i heard this track i thought it was jesse jagz but later knew it was pathoranking. Well this is also a dope track with patoranking giving us the reggae vibes and flows you really need to listen to this track because M.I was talking about you not trusting anybody and enemies are everywhere , NOBODY WANTS TO SEE YOU SUCCEEDED

11- MILLIONAIRA CHAMPAGNE FEAT ICEPRINCE , SARKODIE, DJ LAMBO - This track is a turn up track for everybody ,nice tune by sarkodie and crayy lines from ICE-PRINCE And nice intro by DJ LAMBO . ‘CHEERS”

12. ALWAYS LOVE FEAT SEYI SHAY – Well this track got me falling in love again, this is another track you can sing for your lover and make her fall in love with you the more . Great vocals from seyi shay , she really blew me away with her melodious voice and M.I with his love punch lines . THIS TRACK GOT US FALLING IN LOVE AGAIN

13. WHEEL BARROW FEAT EMMY ACE AND BEENIE MAN - Reggae flow here on this track by EMMY ACE AND BEENIE MAN , and MI also killed the track with his dope lines you all need to listen to this track.

14. YOURS FEAT MILLI AND DEBBIE - MI o n this track was giving Read More via source http://popafrica.com/8-reasons-listen-m-chairman-album-album-review/

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2014
Ten beeping reasons just to convince me to listen to MI album when I don't have any reason when replaying Asa, 2face and Brymo songs.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by RothmasPop: 8:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
Lacomus:
Ten beeping reasons just to convince me to listen to MI album when I don't have any reason when replaying Asa, 2face and Brymo songs.
What are you saying?
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2014
RothmasPop:
What are you saying?
Good music speaks for its self.: MI na boss oo

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by RothmasPop: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2014
I see
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by Djicemob: 9:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Lacomus:
Good music speaks for its self.
True.

Is it me? Why am i yet to enjoy this album? Wack generic lines from M all over the album.A yung6ix or phenom would would have rendered M a 'very' learner...And i dont think the formers are really dope even.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by RothmasPop: 10:32am On Dec 03, 2014
[quote author=Djicemob post=28550829]True.

Is it me? Why am i yet to enjoy this album? Wack generic lines from M all over the album.A yung6ix or phenom would would have rendered M a 'very' learner...And i dont think the formers are really dope even.[/ quote] the truth is that You guys would always Condemn people's effort,no matter what.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by Djicemob: 11:53am On Dec 03, 2014
RothmasPop
Dude if you call that a rap album from an aclaimed africa's rapper number1 then i can say that you know nothing about rap.The album's headers was brilliant but how would brilliant headers and generic bars tranform to being a good rapper?

Not forgetting that he featured other artiste in almost all the track.MI has lost his x-factor,admit it.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by lilmax(m): 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2014
People will always condemn good music
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by lilmax(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2014
Album is d.ope
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by dapotanye(m): 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lacomus:
Good music speaks for its self.
If only you listen to it

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by djcrucifix(m): 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2014
This album is wack abegi

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by tuagbo: 10:56pm On Dec 03, 2014
Djicemob:
Dude if you call that a rap album from an aclaimed africa's rapper number1 then i can say that you know nothing about rap.The album's headers was brilliant but how would brilliant headers and generic bars tranform to being a good rapper?

Not forgetting that he featured other artiste in almost all the track.MI has lost his x-factor,admit it.
"M.I" lost his "x-factor" after his "Talk About It" album(which I consider a classic) when he became successful and stopped being hungry.This his "Chairman" album is over-produced and overbloated with too many featured artistes."M.I" has nothing to rap about anymore.He should either retire from the game or wholly face the business side of the industry.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by Djicemob: 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2014
tuagbo:
"M.I" lost his "x-factor" after his "Talk About It" album(which I consider a classic) when he became successful and stopped being hungry.This his "Chairman" album is over-produced and overbloated with too many featured artistes."M.I" has nothing to rap about anymore.He should either retire from the game or wholly face the business side of the industry.
True bro.And i thought i was the only one being too critical about the album.
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by tuagbo: 10:59pm On Dec 03, 2014
Lacomus:
"Brymo" is super-talented.I have no idea why Nigerians are still "sleeping on" that fellow."Bez" included

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by jrerico1(m): 6:57pm On Dec 04, 2014
Lol bad belle, is allowed. So nig's can say rubbish
Re: 10 Reasons Why You Should Listen To M.i – The Chairman Album ( Album Review) by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 05, 2014
tuagbo:

JonBee1:
Jesse Jagz... God on the mic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOTMZXGyNNw
It is logical to say Jesse Abaga is in a class of his own that we are all either afraid to touch, judge or predict. We could picture him as residing in the first floor above the ground floor where the Nigerian music industry is happening. He is in the game, redefining Nigerian Hip-Hop. He's got dat "international flow"

When it is claimed that Jesse Jagz is the best; some peeps might find it preposterous.
Why? People will judge rappers without listening to their discography and many times people are just ignorant and will refuse to open their mind.

Once again, I put it to you that Jesse Jagz is the best Nigerian rapper of all time. He is way better than his sibling M.I (despite all the hype)
Thy Nation Come/ Royal Niger Company are no doubt the most artistic and Thought-provoking albums by a Nigerian in years. It got superior beats, the lyrics, the messages. This isn't just the average “out the studio” album. This is art. This is jagz
For those who don't believe. I dare you then to verify my claim by listening to Jagz latest efforts side-by-side with that of M.I.
Is Jesse Jagz (Thy nation come / Royal Niger Company) VS. MI (The Chairman)
This is how we are going to determine the best.

http://www.fusiongreen.com/music/bed-of-roses

One thing is sure, ...long after all the overrated cacophonous rappers whose music are enjoying dislocated massive airplay by our compromised VJ & DJ and discordance commercial noise have melted to graveyard quietude. The Jesse Jagz classics will still play on...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

(Download Full Album) Ice Prince – Trash Can EP / First Nigerian Rapper To Remake Kendrick Lamar's HUMBLE / DOWNLOAD MP3: Craig David - Live In The Moment Ft. Goldlink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.