Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,698 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:31 AM

Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) (44022 Views)

DOG FUNERAL - US Police Dog Given State Burial. / My Gsd I Given Birth Now, And A Black Pup Came Out Now / 7 Dogs Attack A Commercial Driver In Lagos (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by naijagold: 8:17am On Dec 03, 2014
wonders they say never end,
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by charlydamianpat(m): 8:17am On Dec 03, 2014
I love this........ sometimes it hurts when u loss something that makes u happy emotionally. i dont care what people may feels coz i can equally do d same if am boyant enough. RIP swwet Doggy.
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2014
Hian! undecided
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by popcykaylah(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2014
LordMecuzy:
Madness.

dogs loyal pass any human being ..they don't backbite thier best friends
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Mettal: 8:19am On Dec 03, 2014
I love dogs more than humans,at least they won't leave your side when things go awry,.our breed is dangerous,fear humans,not animals.
Dogs = bunch of unconditional love
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by 100Cents: 8:21am On Dec 03, 2014
Beesluv:
Too much money...the problem is how to spend it

Brotherly...

Money good o.
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2014
Jalal:

U can say tht again ma belle! Ta signature oh lala!

Hmmmm!

You like my signature, don't ya?
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 03, 2014
Where's the casket? Also, photos of the funeral and sing-song service? embarassed

Na real pastor officiate the service? shocked
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by bunmioguns(m): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2014
This reminds of late Jim Reeves song for his dog

Tige, you were faithful, faithful to the end
Tige, how I miss you, you were my best friend

Three years of army service done and I was headin' home at last
I got to thinking 'bout my dog and things long gone past
How old Tige pulled me from a creek when I had no pulse or breath
How he saved me from the changin' bull that gored my dad to death

As a kid I'd dream of bears and tremble to my toes
Till old Tige come up to my bed and nudge me with his nose
Then my fears would melt away and Tige would go lie down
I'd drift on back to sleep without another sound

The big bus stopped and I got off it was awful dark and thick with fog
Then something gently nuzzled me and there stood Tige, my dog
I wondered if my faithful dog had met the bus each day
And all the dreary winter nights since I'd been away

Have Tige meet me here like this I was I was really glad
'Cause I hadn't needed Tige so much since the day they've buried dad
Too long miles still lay ahead, but what I didn't know
A giant Dam was being built where the old road used to go

I think the Lord was sending Tige and I followed where he led
Knowing well without his help that I'd be good as dead
Tige inched along this way and that going rough and slow
And I could hear the water a lappin' at the ledges far below

Then through the mist, I saw a light and mother in her chair
And I reached down to pet old Tige, but he wasn't there
I'm thankful mom, you had old Tige these three lonely years
I owe my life to him, tonight I couldn't help my tears

You say you wrote me 'bout the Dam well God was sure with us
I didn't get your letter Mom but old Tige met the bus
I hate to tell you son she said but now you've got to know
When you left it broke his heart, Tige died three years ago

You were my best friend

1 Like

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by ahizih(m): 8:28am On Dec 03, 2014
No Association wey pxn no go hear in dis we country,which one be coordinator Nigeria Dog Association? Anyway de story too plenty for dog,i no even read am finish
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Dreyl(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2014
Tapout:
Seun must have attended the funeral.......
lol..i swear. grin

1 Like

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Dreyl(m): 8:31am On Dec 03, 2014
Tapout:
Seun must have attended the funeral.......
lol..i swear,that nigga and dogs are like 5 and 6. grin

1 Like

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by DonaldGenes(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2014
lonelydora:
Reminds me of our beloved Chili(Alsatian) and Tito(Rottweiler). ***crying***

Lonelydora, do you mind sharing with us pix?
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Eljay24(m): 8:34am On Dec 03, 2014
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by tartar9(m): 8:35am On Dec 03, 2014
whereas sum pweople will cook and chop the dog after its death-forget loyalty.even if they knew for 100 yiars.guy!!dog na meat.
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by mustaphagreens(m): 8:36am On Dec 03, 2014
monemsis:
I Did same embarassed gave him a befitting burial inside my pot grin
Lol..mumu
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Dogzimalon: 8:39am On Dec 03, 2014
military Dogs do get full military burial
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Muscomide: 8:43am On Dec 03, 2014
Like seriously?
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Esmeraldar: 8:45am On Dec 03, 2014
Chai.
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by jude33084(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2014
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Falls from the chair this morning,..... cheesy cheesy cheesy farts! grin

Lagos I hail o!
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by kenex4ever(m): 8:47am On Dec 03, 2014
IdomaLikita:
If I had the means, I would have done so for Poor Dante cheesy
me too. When this "smart n powerful pitbull-barbbi" died last month, everybody dat knows d tiger dog cried but me. Lol

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by grandstar(m): 8:49am On Dec 03, 2014
Tapout:

don't quote me next time if u don't have something tangible to post
laughing out loud. so true

1 Like

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Slickest(m): 8:55am On Dec 03, 2014
I wish we could attach such value to human life

1 Like

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by zubby29(m): 8:57am On Dec 03, 2014
nice,if only d dog knew hw much his master loved him,i am sure if der is after life for dogs dis particuler 1 will b happy

1 Like

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by ennon92(m): 9:00am On Dec 03, 2014
Make I buk space joor
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by joykelex(f): 9:02am On Dec 03, 2014
i laugh
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 03, 2014
Befitting burial?

How befitting can a dog burial get?
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 03, 2014
That dog in the picture is an ekuke
Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by grandstar(m): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2014
benuejosh:
am not suprised. yoruba always act like ......
FYI: The man's name is Edet.

2 Likes

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by sunnshyn(f): 9:05am On Dec 03, 2014
I know the feeling.

Been around dogs and I know first-hand how loyal and loving a dog can be. My neighbours back then had dogs. First it was Willy, after his death, then came Sandra and Sharon all Alsatians...

Then back in varsity, my bf(now ex) brought his dog from home PH as there was no one to care for her and handed her over to me entirely.. she became my number one best friend...Kiki was such a darl....kai!! I went everywhere in school with Kiki, very large Alsatian...we'll take walks together in the evenings, go sort for food together from leftovers at fast foods around campus.. we'll go study together at night on campus. Kiki'll sit just by me while I studied..would leave her for a while to attend lectures, she'll be so sad, as soon as she hears my voice..Kiki would start barking and wagging her beautiful tail happily...it was d best feeling ever...

Until I finally graduated and broke up with my bf. To punish me he(ex) took his dog back!! Lord!! Did I cry and beg and beg to have my Kiki back......smh!! Heard she later passed on...*tears*..

I love dogs really. The only reason I haven't gotten one here is because of the emotional attachment we all have for them after they pass on...some peeps don't survive it.. And I hate d fact that they don't live so long...15yrs is such a short time to lose a friend don't you think??

Anyone with great dogs that can live up to at least 50yrs?? *wish-ful thinking I know*

RIP to Dr. Papillo and Kiki...

2 Likes

Re: Dog Given A Grand And Befitting Burial Ceremony In Lagos ( Photo ) by kristisking(m): 9:09am On Dec 03, 2014
This is stupidity of the highest order.The money he wasted in holding obituary for a mere pet should have been given to the needy.This kind of story annoys me.Some nigerians and their irrational way of thinking.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Moment Man Sobbed Uncontrollably As His Boss’ Dog Was Sold (Photos, Video) / I Just Found This Young Bird By The Corner Of My House. How Do I Help It? (pics) / Just Got Myself A Baby Parrot;need Tips On How To Train It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.