Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,952 members, 7,835,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

2015 Election Article - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election Article (426 Views)

2015 Election Shift May Return Military Rule - Ex-Generals / 2015 Election Debate/Town Hall Meeting, APC Not Represented! / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2015 Election Article by tola9ja: 5:15am On Dec 03, 2014
There is something the followers of this general are not even getting. Many of them are just shouting for nothing. Many of those supporting Jonathan or Buhari don't calm down to examine issues without sentiments, they just comment on issues that they have little knowledge or understanding of. And when the petrol finish for their tank, they start insulting people or calling you names. I don't even know what is driving many of them, shebi after suffering since 1999, we are supposed to calm down and use our heads to select candidates, abi no be so?

Okay. In January 2002, in Gusau, Zamfara to be specific, General Muhammadu Buhari, was at the 16th National Qur'anic Recitation competition where he told Muslims across the country to vote for only a candidate who will uphold their religious tenets. Many Nigerians interpreted that to mean that he was telling his followers to vote only for a Muslim. The general clarified himself shortly after the event and said he was not trying to create confusion but simply saying Muslims should not compromise their religious values while voting. Issokay, next.

Prior to that, in August 2001, he had said:

"For Muslims in Nigeria as I mentioned at other, occasions, at least twice, we were overrun by the colonialists and our way of life was drastically changed... And one of the things we lost for being overrun by the colonialists is for us to be denied the freedom to practice our religion as it is or as it was and as it has always been. But, God in his infinite mercy brought this independence back to us through a democratic system of government....what remains for Muslims in Nigeria is for them to redouble the necessary education,"....It is a legal responsibility God has given us within the context of one Nigeria to continue to uphold the practice of Sharia wholeheartedly... and to educate non-Moslems that they have nothing to fear, because the biggest fear of Nigerians are three insecurities that I identified a very long time ago."

Fast forward to 2011. He promised he would not contest again. But today, he is contesting. How is he different from Mr. I Had No Dunlop? The thing is that many Nigerians see Buhari as an extremist and for the supporters of the general (I said some of you were spewing nonsense earlier in the day, I apologize for that), you are only making his case worse by telling everyone supporting GEJ to shut up. Has Buhari done anything to change that image and gain the trust of Nigerians? See, this is a democracy and for us to grow, there must be robust political discussions on all sides without insults. Anyone is free to support anybody. All I am saying is that you should not abuse anyone simply because they want to die for Jonathan just as you also want to have hypertension because of Buhari. The truth is that Jonathan alone or Buhari alone cannot change Nigeria, and the way some of you talk as if if there is no Buhari there is no Nigeria, na lie. If all presidential aspirants die today, nothing go happen, Nigeria will continue and Nigerians will not miss the next Big Brother show because of that. We are 170 million plus and by the time I post this, more babies would have been pikin-ed.

If your candidate is the best, you give us points and argue based on facts, not threaten, insult or abuse anyone because my vote is my vote and I will cast if for whoever I like no matter what you say. The opposition should be smart if they mean business. So far so good, they are not smart enough. They are as clueless as the Clueless One himself.

The Nigerian opposition parties should convince Nigerians that their candidates are better WITH ACTIONS and not just resort to insulting and cyberbullying people up and down. If Buhari said he will not be running and he is running again, how will I trust him with power if he says he is going to do just one term? Nigerians, all presidential aspirants must be examined and properly scrutinized. How will some supporters of General Buhari be talking as if we cannot question or criticize him? You want someone to be the elected president of a federal republic and we cannot criticize him? Is this North Korea or China? By the way, I am looking forward to a televised debate between Jonathan and Buhari. I hope Ebele will not disappear this time around.

SOURCE=https://www.facebook.com/?fref=nf

1 Share

Re: 2015 Election Article by tola9ja: 5:23am On Dec 03, 2014
JONATHAN AS USED ALMOST SIX YEARS IN RULING NIGERIA UPON ALL THERE IS NO GREAT CHANGE
LET US GIVE BUHARI AN OPPORTUNITY MAY BE HE WILL BE BETTER THAN HIM MOREOVER IS 20MONTHS TENURE AS A MILITARY GOVERNMENT IS BETTER THAN JONATHAN SIX YEARS ADMINISTRATION

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram (which Way Naija ) / What Prominent Nigerians Say Aboutbuhari / A Review Of the Proposed Changes By Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.